Amazon cut prices at Whole Foods on the first day

(Jenn Monaghan) #1

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-28/amazon-cuts-prices-at-whole-foods-as-much-as-50-on-first-day

(Doug) #2

Sweet!

A Staple of mine of this diet has been a product I can only find at Whole Foods, called Flackers (flax seed crackers). Most days for lunch at work I eat a serving of flackers and 2oz of guac, along with some macadamia nuts. I paid a visit to my local store today and Flackers price has not been reduced yet :frowning:! Oh well.

(Jenn Monaghan) #4

Too bad, but maybe they will get there eventually. I am just hoping for the grass fed beef to be lowered.

I remain skeptical at how the food quality will remain, but we’ll see. Maybe it’s just supplies, but I’m already seeing them phasing out certain things maybe in preparation for changes. I shop more at Whole foods only because it takes 15minutes to get to, not 45minutes like Trader Joes.

I’m hoping for pasture raised bacon to be lowered.

Holy crap, I just looked these up. Shame on you for not telling me about Flackers sooner lol

I’m hoping for a price cut on the $10 per bag bone broth. Not holding my breath though, I know that stuff is expensive to make.

I don’t think these reductions will include all foods especially not packaged non 365 brand foods but more so 365 foods, produce, meat, fish

(Doug) #9

My wife loves Whole Foods. There is one about one mile from our place, but I tend to shy away because of what feels like high prices to me. Grass fed beef, pasture raised bacon - all sounds good, and I hope prices go down too.

Flackers flax seed crackers - the carb content almost entirely fiber. :slightly_smiling_face: Nice mention, Nalien. Ouch, though, even where they appear to be the cheapest - Walmart - they are 89 cents per ounce. Chop that price, indeed.

Only ever been in one once. You have to be insane, very wealthy, or living off mommy and day to afford $9 for a loaf of bread!

Make your own. Flax seed soaked in water for an hour. Drain and mix with apple cider vinegar to taste. Salt and pepper. Spread on a fruit leather tray, and dehydrate for 24hrs on a low setting

(Marie) #12

Funny you mention Flackers. I saw this recipe to make your own just today.