Always Keto? (food question)

Can please somebody help me on this? I’ve already googled these foods (supplements, etc) but I got little results and I am very confused now.

Thanks for your time!

Always Keto? (Yes/No)
Nigella
ZMF
CLA
energy gels
yin yang (calypso) beans
Soya protein powder
Storage Vinegar
Bladder wrack
Sugar Kelp
Chufa flour
Spelt flakes
Lecithin
Fruit Bars
Protein bag mix
Vanilla Sugar
Muscovado sugar
Carnations
Saw seaweed
Sea buckthorn berries
Aronia berry (Chokeberry)
Inca berries
Apple chips
Date confection

(Robert C) #2

There is no definite answer to your question.
You have 20 grams of carbs to “spend” per day.

Apple chips, Inca berries, fruit bars etc. being “Keto” all depend on quantity.
In fact, you can have a tea spoon of pure regular table sugar in your coffee if you want.
So sugar is “Keto” at that low dosage (i.e. won’t stop ketosis in your body).

So, the advice is to get away from thinking about specific foods.
The advice on this forum is to eat as much as you want when you want.
But, the “bounds” are not based on “allowed” foods.
They are based on less than 20 grams of carbs, moderate protein and high fat (which would be very difficult based on many of the items on your list).

Sticking with whole foods helps a lot to hit the macros (leafy greens sautéed in grass-fed butter, fatty cuts of meat, etc.). It also helps to ensure you are getting healthy fats. Processed foods (energy gels, soya protein powder, etc.) cause you all sorts of problems - even if the label seems good - your body can react with a fat storage response.

(Chrissie Bowie ) #3

Food science is about making products that hook our brains. I would not think anything on this list would allow me to keep my blood sugar reasonably stable. I am not sure if I would spend my calories on these over eggs, fish, delicious meats and fresh greens. I really don/t mean to sound negative but I am confused about why people would want to buy so much processed stuff that will not satiate.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Personally, I find sugar addictive, so I avoid it in all its forms. I also don’t enjoy the taste of most processed items; I greatly prefer the tastes of real foods.

Also, soy is of the devil, and is to be avoided at all costs. :grin::grin::grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

This will help you get oriented with using real food. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Scott) #6

Eat real food that is low in carbs. Thats it in a nutshell. Supplements other than salt and some minerals are not necessary.

(Robert C) #7

I think this would apply to a carnivore or omnivore but, I do not think whole food vegans can go completely without supplements.