Alternative to Keto strips?

(Kate) #1

Hi. New to the forum so I have a question. Is there an alternative to keto strips? I am completely colorblind!! Weird but true. Mostly it’s guys who have this disorder so I am unfortunately unique in that I cannot read the strips because they use colors as indicators. And no, I don’t have anyone here who can read them for me. That’s gross anyway.

They don’t work anyhow. At least for me. I think there is a blood monitor you can get a Walgreens or cvs

(Michael ) #3

There are blood monitors (requires pricking fingers…a bit invasive for the average person). You can also get breath analyzers. The urine strips, blood and breath all measure different things. The most accurate is blood since it tells you the actual number of ketones present in blood. I don’t think the cheap breath monitors are accurate and you can’t see the urine strips. I personally think blood monitors are crazy for casual people just looking to improve health. If you follow the macros and feel good and aren’t hungry or low energy, you’re probably in ketosis. If you don’t see any progress in months, blood or expensive breath are options

(Dan Dan) #4

You can try a Cheap Breathalyzer I think it would work better for your purpose :thinking:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Steve Leverton) #5

I use a blood ketone monitor, the monitor itself quite affordable, unfortunately the test strips work out around 1GBP (per test). Great if you are cool with needles, or are used to testing your blood glucose…