Alternate Day Fasting turned ZC...back to fasting

fasting
exercise
cycling
intermittentfasting

(What The Fast?!) #273

I don’t love black coffee, I wonder if a little MCT would stop it. Since there’s no carbs or protein, probably not?

Yes there is no way I can go without the caffeine black coffee while not appealing would be ok. Tea probably better. Thomas Seyfried does say autophagy for cancer prevention it is a 6 or 7 day distilled water only once a quarter or something like that

Andrea, I know you’ve already gotten other responses on this but FWIW - I don’t think anyone quite knows about when and how autophagy kicks in, and it might be that there are factors that we just don’t yet understand. There’s someone on here who finished up a really long (3 months?) fast and had terrific results including a substantial drop in weight and mentioned that at 60, her skin is firmer than it was before (so not only no drooping skin from the weight loss, but firmer?!). I’m pretty sure she had coffee and a supplement but I’m not positive.

(What The Fast?!) #276

Ooh! Does anyone know who that was??? I’d love to know if she was having any cream or MCT/coco in her coffee!!!

Hmmm… I don’t remember, though maybe she’ll see this thread? I’ll dig around. It was in the past month.
But I’m almost positive that if she was having coffee, it wasn’t with any fats in it.

Found it! Here’s the thread, and her first post is 118, I think.
(And it looks like actually there was some cream in her coffee :slightly_smiling_face:

(What The Fast?!) #279

Thanks!!!

(What The Fast?!) #280

Alright people…ready for a new twist? After 7 weeks of mainly fasting, I’ve decided to mix it up with……The Bacon Experiment! http://www.bacon4free.com/optin

I just read about this in another thread and decided to try it out. Basically, you eat 1.5lbs of bacon a day (2lbs for men) and nothing else. Well, I’m getting kind of mediocre results (considering how much I’m fasting) with extended fasting, so why not try this? If I can continue to lose AND I get to eat bacon, I’m all in!

I’ll continue do intermittent fasting along with the experiment and see if I can drive some results! If I plateau, I could try throwing in a 2 or 3 day fast and then bacon in between? Let’s get crazy people!

Christmas and New Year’s Eve are right around the corner so I’m willing to try nearly anything at this point!

I was in the middle of a couple day fast (about 22 hours in) and decided to go for it. I just made a pound of bacon (pre-cooked weight) and I can tell you a couple things definitively:

1. It’s way better than not eating, haha
  2. I REALLY love bacon - like, I know people say they think they’d get sick of it, but I dunno…I really like it.
  3. The bacon I just made was oven baked…turns out I strongly prefer it in a pan.
  4. I can definitely eat more than a pound of bacon in one sitting. I only had 1lb in the house, but tomorrow I’ll for sure make 1.5 lbs.

Wish me luck!

December IF/EF chat - all welcome!
(Naomi Brewster) #281

luck and enjoy.

(VLC.MD) #282

Try getting uncured bacon.
Seems like it’s even better than real bacon.
Especially if you are going to eat it in generous proportions.

FWIW, you are living my son’s dream.

To expound on what @VLC.MD said. Pork belly is uncured, unsmoked bacon. If you’re going to be eating large quantities, it’s healthier to go for unprocessed meats.

(What The Fast?!) #284

I meant to ask - how did this go?

TBE Update:
Day 1: 146.4
Day 2: 145.1
Day 3: 141.8
Day 4: 143.5 (I worked out yesterday and I’m sure I’m retaining water)

(Beth) #285

I made it 3 days. Looks like I will have to use bone broth to go any longer. I will try again soon,
Put my fasting on hold for a couple weeks. I am away from home, helping my mother through radiation for breast cancer.
On a side note: my mother’s doctor asked her to adopt “a ketogenic diet that supports cancer recovery.” My sister and I have knocked ourselves
out explaining it, encouraging her to read about it, cooking for her, even sugar-free treats. She is not interested; still asks for Hershey bars, cereal, cake. You lead a horse to water, but…

(What The Fast?!) #286

Oh man. I’m sorry - that has to be so frustrating!!

Beth, I’ve been reading a lot about an approach called Motivational Interviewing. I would highly recommend it. Very short version: if we have even a tiny bit of ambivalence about something, we basically have an internal argument (voice A “I should do this” vs voice B, which are all the reasons we don’t want to or think we can’t). When someone outside of us takes on voice A, we tend to come back with voice B, which strengthens that voice and all of its arguments.

MI has some really nice guidelines for helping the person connect to their own internal motivation for making a change.

So fun to watch your experiments :grin: And it’s great to see you having success, Andrea!

(What The Fast?!) #289

:pray:!!!
143.5 again but still getting over this cold. I’m looking to mix up fasting and bacon days in the near future!

(What The Fast?!) #290

Here we go! 6 days of bacon experiment, I have a holiday dinner tonight so will break my fast around 30 hours.

Here’s a recap of the bacon situation. I’m including the few days leading up to it for reference.

12/4 146.4 - fasting
12/5 144.6 - fasting
12/6 142.6 - broke 64 hr fast with lunch and dinner
12/7 146.4 day 1 bacon experiment
12/8 145.1, day 2 bacon have a bad cold, taking lots of vitamins and water
12/9 141.8 hot yoga, day 3 bacon
12/10 143.5 day 4 bacon
12/11 143.5 w/o: TRX/kettlebell circuit class. day 5 bacon
12/12 144.5 w/o: light tennis day 6 bacon
12/13 142.6 w/o: TRX class. holiday dinner party in evening, wine and such, but all keto foods

(Beth) #291

How was the weekend? Do you feel like the bacon experiment is working for you? Because that would be AWESOMENESS.

(What The Fast?!) #292

I loved it!! I thought maaaaybe I’d get sick of bacon. Update: I have NOT. I haven’t been doing all bacon days since I ended the seven days but I will be throwing them in. After the holidays I will likely do alternate day fasting with bacon days in between. I had bacon for OMAD yesterday at lunch time and haven’t had trouble fasting today (though I put MCT in my coffee this morning, trying to get things moving, no luck tho).

12/14 144.8 fasting
12/15 142.9 end fast at 36 hrs (keto food)
12/16 145.7 (keto food)
12/17 144.2 - new scale who dis (staying with family.) Bacon day - only lunch
12/18 143.2 staying with family, fasting today