Almost there!

(Karin Geertsma) #1

My first extended (72 hours) fast ends at 330pm tomorrow, I’m excited to have made it this far! I’ve read up on what foods to break a fast with and am not too worried about that aspect, but is it necessary to overcompensate on the calories at all, or should I just eat what I normally would in the evening? Any advice appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

(Jennifer) #2

Just eat normal. Food tastes so good after a fast that you might feel like bingeing a little. Just keep your fat intake high and you should be fine. Good job!

(Karin Geertsma) #3

I’m a little worried about wanting to overeat since I’ll be so excited for food again, but I think that’s good advice. I’ll stick to my normal high fat diet and see how it goes. Thank you!

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Megan Ramos talks about this on one of Jimmy Moore’s podcast, Fasting Talk.Episode 19, I think it is. What they tell people at the IDM clinic is to feast before the fast, then eat as you normally would, the fat and protein are the important part, keep carbs as low as possible. I am currently fasting and that is what I plan on doing this time. I am trying to not put on so much of the lbs. I lose during fasting. I find I think a lot about my breaking meal, but when the fast ends and I eat, I just don’t have that much hunger and I naturally eat slower, which also controls how much you are eating. You will be fine.

Congrats on your first fast.

(Karin Geertsma) #5

Thank you! I ate some almonds and saurkraut to break the fast and feel just fine, not too hungry at all. The night is still young but here’s hoping for a good morning weigh in :slight_smile: