Almost 4 weeks into Ketosis

Seems like i have no results. Been in ketosis almost 4 weeks. Any ideas what’s going on?

(Ethan) #2

Perhaps you can provide more information, such as current weight, target weight, how you know you are in ketosis, what you are eating? It’s like writing to the doctor, “my arm hurts. what’s going on?”

Well I started at 177 I am now around 175. I use the ketostix to see if I am in ketosis. I am eating veggies and protein. Meat eggs and cheese oh an berries.

(Ethan) #4

What’s your goal

My goal is 160

(Chris W) #6

age sex height any disorders and your macro levels these are all helpful.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

@Ketopremie81 Firstly, at four weeks, you’ve only just begun. Give it time

Secondly, two issues: at only fifteen pounds over goal weight, progress will be slow. The people who lost enormous amounts quickly had lots of pounds to lose, and even they slowed down when they got close to their goal weight. I read this in another thread recently, and it’s well worth repeating: Keto is not a weight-loss diet, but a weight-normalization and metabolic healing diet, so it is not a way to loss pounds quickly. It is well worth committing oneself to it over the long haul.

Also, if you are a woman, your pattern of weight loss is going to be different from the pattern guys experience. If you have cut calories for many years, you may find your body putting on lean muscle mass while burning off excess fat. In such a case the scale may not move, but you will be able to tell that keto is working because your dress size will go down.