Almost 4 months keto

(Lauren) #1

I know it’s not just about the weight, it’s about being as healthy as I can be, but I’m frustrated just the same. I’ve been doing doing this WOE since the last week of April, and I’ve lost 30lbs and about 5 inches.

My problem is I can’t SEE any difference. No one else seems to either. My clothes don’t fit much differently. My pants are still the same size. When I look in the mirror, it’s still the same me staring back. 30Lbs should be visible…shouldn’t it?

This is March 2017 and then this morning (literally right out of bed. Ignore how half-dead I look)

(Siobhan) #2

Well funnily enough for people who see us every day it can be hard to notice a difference, and we tend to not be able to notice a difference in ourselves even when looking at pictures! I can understand the frustration though!

But 30 pounds in 4 months wow! That is a pretty quick loss and all the credit goes to you!!! To be honest… it could be a lot of things. It could be you have lost all over and thus the cummulative effect has lessened, or you have lost in spots you might not notice easily like your back. Do you take full body comparison pictures in similar lighting etc? Even if they are just for you it may help spot subtle differences over all.

But… more importantly, how are you feeling? How is your energy level and sleep?
Sometimes focusing on our health while our body is busy healing can be very beneficial and frankly less stressful. Trust me… over time your body will begin to reflect the health changes going on inside. I am sorry for your frustration though, it can seem like such a long journey sometimes

(Sonia A.) #3

Congratulations :clap::clap::clap:. It’s a great accomplishment. Focus on the positive, not the negative. Don’t worry, the changes will be visible soon enough.

Maybe it’s visceral fat you lost. When I had a lot of visceral fat, it took a while to see changes despite my weight loss. It’s generally the first fat to be eliminated.

(Alison) #4

This is awesome, congrats!!! …and, I do see differences - you may not because you’re so familiar? KCKO! :slight_smile: