All Animal April

zerocarb
carnivore

(Robin) #341

Sweet Astrid!

(Karen) #342

Well done another 2 lb down Yay :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

thanks guys :slight_smile: feeling a bit improved this morning…so if I watch the movement today I might start to work my way out of this. no idea what I did to stir up the sciatic nerve this time, but hopefully it will start to heal up and I can get it gone soon.

nothing special in ZC land right now. eating the usual, enjoying the usual and just cruising along.

got some pork chops for first meal of the day and then I got some chicken and shrimp available for second meal. Simple simple :sunny:

I overdid it yesterday… I was so tired and vulnerable after some drawing last night… And I had pork chuck roast in the fridge… (I really was super satiated after dinner but I managed to get rid of that. Yeah, only OMAD works well enough.)

So in the end I ate 1.4 lbs of pork chuck roast yesterday, it’s not the overdoing, of course but I ate much other stuff. Oh well. I even felt a bellyache in the morning and I never do just because I eat too much or too late. So I drank a ton of somewhat bitter coffee. It works for carb poisoning and it works for whatever I had now… Or at least it felt nice?
I blame the little carbs, actually, due to my zombie state and circumstances (it’s not like I need any plants when I have pork chuck roast and can’t get bored of it, in the contrary). And yep, the food amount should have been a tad more modest…

My sleep. My precious sleep!!! I slept through my sacred hours, I didn’t sleep soooo very little though probably not enough… I woke up a bit too early and now I am a half zombie. Why I do this now I don’t know. I CAN’T function when a zombie, at all. Never could. I admire people who sleep 1/3 as much as me and work. Wow.
I have the right attitude now so I still do way more than before, even in this state but I desire too often to rest. But I can’t. I simply can’t. I don’t fall asleep, my heartrate and brain activity keeps being overboard… My life got more busy and exciting and hopeful/stressful so it’s still great but I need to get used to this.

Gloomy/rainy day and shopping! I thought over what happens if I get out almost all plant stuff from the freezer as I need room for my meat… It’s doable. And as normal, it’s not a big amount of stuff. So I won’t buy so much. Good thing I don’t need so much either, an almost full freezer always mean lots of meat. But only a tiny bit of pork chuck this time.

(Karen) #345

When my head gets too busy when I need to get to sleep I sometimes rub over my forehead some ‘4head’. Not sure what you would call it but it is just a stick that you roll over forehead ( I roll it over my brows and down in between brows to bridge of my nose and on the temples and also just a bit under my nose to make airways nice and clear.) It is herbal and has eucalyptus in it and it is just soothing. It always tends to relax my head and in turn relax my mind when it is too busy. I generally can drop off to sleep when I use it and sometimes re apply during the night when I have been to the loo.

Another thing that helps me drop off is doing some deep breathing exercises … I yawn like crazy when I have done them and then can drop off. I never get through the whole night without waking 3,4 or even 5 times and can’t even think about going back to sleep if I don’t go and have a wee. Hope this helps xx :heart:

(Karen) #346

Not a terribly bad night , just the usual up in the night wee trips. Probably went to bed too late though and need to get to bed a lot earlier tonight as I have one of those silly o’clock work days!

Did 80 stair runs, seemed to be getting very hot flushes so I did what I could do and thought I still have the rest of the day to be able to do remaining 30 flights. Not stressing. BP has come down to a more respectable level so I guess the Indopamide diuretic is kicking in. Resumed that last Tuesday, why did I think it would take immediate affect??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Brunch minced Chicken pan-fried in Duck fat with some chicken spice. Very nice, i ate all 500g, should keep me going all of few hours :sweat_smile:

one of the 2 bowls!

Now kitty sitting. She has a fascination with my rubber (eraser) lol

(Karen) #347

Back home after relaxing with kitty therapy at my daughters house. Lots of cuddles.20220427_183234

Had 4 scrambled eggs about 4ish. The chicken mince lasted me longer than anticipated. Home now eating a rump steak. I am taking my time with it and eating it more because I haven’t eaten enough today and it needs to see me through work till lunchtime tomorrow. I will be in bed early so needed to eat 8t now rather than later when it is just going to sit in my tum while trying to sleep.

ummm that steak was delish and lovely and rare inside :drooling_face:

Love the pup, and the limber processing effort!

I still like mushrooms.

@Karen18: You gave me some ideas to try, thanks :slight_smile:

I am tired, again. Well half zombie state, rain AND shopping. Just a quick one and we got meat and dairy, among others (I just can’t visit the hypermarket without buying arty things :smiley: I have gel pens in neon colors now :smiley: I only have gel pens lately but I love them. Alvaro loves them. They write (draw) on my pet rocks, they write on those labels on computer memory modules… Each to their own :smiley:

I got pork chuck (bought all what I have found there, the meat counter surely had more but I had no unlimited space), turkey lower legs on sale, the bacon I already know and like and some Mangalica sausage in the 50% off counter, yay.
Forgot to buy cream and coffee but it’s fine, at least I really can stop consuming them this way. I am very determined regarding May, my life and probably a bunch of other things.

I was so, so full after yesterday and even a tad nauseous in the end, probably my pretty pants, they are a tad too tight but the material is flexible enough so I fit into it. Only my belly got uncomfortable when sitting in the car.
But when we got home at 6pm, I ate my tiny leftover soup and tasted things. The sausage was quite nice (after eating other things, it was a tempting idea to try it. I thought I had enough of processed pork and I wasn’t hungry either but this one is an embodied temptation!), it wouldn’t worth it the double price for me though. Rich as sausages typically are so I ate them with sponge cake I made today. So my sponge cake phase is still strong, I eat 6 sponge cake muffins a day at average, that’s 3 whites and usually 1.5 yolks so not much but so so nice and fluffy and I can’t get bored of it. I had some greek yogurt, I like it nowadays, I eat more yogurt a week than I did in a year before. But it’s GREEK and it means very sour (way more sour than sour cream) and 10.0% fat here. I don’t even care which brand, they all seems identical. While all sour cream is different… I bought a tiny kefir too as I saw it in a new brand I find tasty. Nope, all kefirs all the same too.

I roast turkey wings and bacon covered pork thigh tomorrow. I have egg pudding (I ate some of it too), I used my soup but this time I added a little butter too. It was nice and creamy when it got ready, I liked that, it’s less stellar when cold with little harder fat pieces but it’s okay, I just will remember to eat it fresh and warm.

I relax my ways now in the last days (and not because of the nameday+birthday, I make a cake though but I am pretty much bored of normal cakes at this point. it’s fine, I like baking, Alvaro loves cake and it’s a simple, small one and even pretty. I don’t expect a high level of beauty of the food I make/eat and definitely don’t go out of my way to reach that - more for baked things though - but it’s always nice when it’s aesthetically pleasing as well) but I will be serious in May. And I really, really feel stronger now, in spirit. I mean business, I had enough of my loser ways.
I won’t be super strict, I just bought a lot of various dairy and I feel I need them… But no cream, no coffee is pretty strict to me… And I don’t plan to eat cheese without some good reason either. I enjoyed my cheesy days but only because I ate very little cheese before.

But I will make OMAD happen. If I need to push a bit, I will. This is the hedonistic way and I wrote that long ago but still true: I want to be a better, very good hedonist. Not just doing what is easy in the present.

I bought very fatty pork too (the allegedly 786kcal/100g one) so I can make some experiments with eating fat first as well. Not right now, later. I am in my leaner phase. I think. Well yesterday my fat and protein was the same (my fat always goes up when I eat very much and it’s right. it’s actually the other way around, if I eat fattier stuff, I eat more) but I was a lot around 60% fat lately and even went significantly below sometimes. I liked that. Not like starting with fat necessarily has much to do with the fattiness of my day, of course. Maybe my thinking is flawed. My automatic one. Not when I think it over.

I expect a very nice May with some success regarding multiple things! I entered my “getting ready for May (be it supply or spirit, plans)” phase.

No price raise regarding meat or most dairy. Butter is tragedy. Especially the $13/kg price for a WATERED DOWN version. Do you have that abomination too? 60% fat “butter”. We bought a little, we eat them in tiny amounts and it’s nice, it’s still worth it, we can’t just say that it isn’t just because it’s a very expensive fat. (It will be interesting to see what sunflower oil price will do, by the way, it has a price cap on it at the moment and I have no idea about the price as I never even look at it. But sometimes I like to know the price of “normal” things vs whatever I use. Before it got closer to coconut oil (and that is typically has the same price as lard but not in the supermarkets where the former is more expensive and the low-quality latter thing is cheaper than what I buy). Coconut oil got cheaper and cheaper in the last decade after it came into the country with the paleo hype… And then it got more expensive when it became a pretty normal item.)
But it’s true I am usually reluctant to pay much for mere fat when I could buy meat with that money and way more… :wink:
But butter is special. Needed even if only a little… Possible to live without it, sure but I would feel a miserable non-living one if I wouldn’t allow even my little butter.

Where was I? Oh, price raise.
Chicken liver finally went up, I expected that. There is ONE supermarket chain (there is a reason we visit several in the city, all have something else to offer) where it was shockingly cheap. 500HUF/kg, that’s $1.44/kg now. It’s just chicken liver but STILL. It was 700 elsewhere or 1000 at the butcher.
It’s 700 now while the 700 became 1000.

But it’s nothing compared to the cat food. It went from 360 to 500 and then to 600 IN A MONTH, Alvaro says.
I am soooo thankful that my pork chuck went from 1600 to 2000 only (after it was 1600, 1200 on sale, sometimes less since years, I still don’t get it. well the cat food was around the same price for a very long time too… and most other stuff so I kinda learned the right price and now I see +30% after weeks and say it’s expected. crazy)… And eggs from 45 to 61 this far…

Tell me if it’s annoying and I stop with these price comparisons. I try to do that anyway, I can imagine doing more useful things. But you know my mind, it gets fascinated with certain things sometimes.

(Daisy) #351

Flanken ribs and bone broth jello. Super good. I need to catch up on reading some of the posts. I’ve just been in a funk lately with sleep issues

I’d destroy those ribs quick smart.
Good job!

(Judy Thompson) #353

I missed seeing this @Shinita, thanks. I agree.

I still to refuse to count mushrooms as vegetables.

I also refuse to take the vegan diet seriously, based on the human beings’ dietary needs alone.

(Judy Thompson) #355

I read and keep up but don’t always post, but I’m happy, and being good, and some days giving y’all one less thing to read :wink:

Today I fried the chip steak I bought from the farmer last week. I love how red and beautiful his beef is, even compared to the so-called grass fed from the grocery store. I’m so enamored of the beautiful red beef @Ketodaisy posts, so I cut the steak in half when it was just seared and took half out for me,plus a little because he doesn’t need half a pound in addition to those sides!
It was just delicious!
Drove to my daughter’s this afternoon and she was eating something with garlic… She’s my daughter, I had to tell her! I still think with this aversion to garlic I must be a vampire! Lol

In the pan

Seared

(Linda ) #356

Yeah cywes has no problem with mushrooms occasionally and so far they don’t affect my stomach in a cream sauce…which I find strange because I can’t do alot of cream in a desert. Or I have stomach issues.

Yesterday was brisket and today so far I’ve had two flanken ribs and one coffee/choc salted coc electrolytes

Dinner was two more flanken ribs

OK, thanks!
I’m just about to retire to bed, but before I go, I think I’ll have a half punnet of blueberries smothered in sour cream.
Cheers!

(Daisy) #358

Yayyyy!!!

(Daisy) #359

I ate 8 as my omad :joy:

Vegetable is a kitchen term so somewhat sloppy…? I am still not sure what are the limits, maybe because it’s not clear… But it’s not scientific. Scientifically, mushrooms are clearly not plants, not animals but a third kingdom :slight_smile: I just always forget some of the kingdoms, they even change the numbers of them and I think algae are in multiple ones…? As not related things are called alga? IDK. And the odd kingdoms are mysterious to me… I should research it again. It’s like supernova evolution: I may read much about it but I just can’t learn it…

Punnet is a new word to me. I like new words though it’s a bit disheartening I still find them often after spending decades with learning English :smiley: But it’s normal I guess. it’s a language with zillion words, even in the official version, slang around the world is impossible to follow but I learned some (my Australian English is expanding since I chat with @KetoKoala so much :D).
I like languages. And English is pretty useful for me. My poor German. I learned, had an exam and never use it. But that’s fine, the waste of time was learning Russian for 6 years and forgetting it in the 7th year (we still had lessons, theoretically but not actually and forgot nearly everything. I couldn’t say 10 Russian word or just from the whole sentences stuck in my head. I know the translation so I can figure out which work is which.)