All Animal April

zerocarb
carnivore

(Judy Thompson) #321

Yeah I’ve been thinking, my smell has changed so much- those 1st hits of garlic in my fridge in January just about killed me, I was scrubbing with tea tree oil til those fridges shone, and I didn’t know what the smell was. Now I can be there and it’s revolting but a fact of life. But yes, other smells, and I seem to share them with the dog, carnivorous sense of smell! Hubby thinks I’m nuts :crazy_face:

(Daisy) #322

STEAK. Seared and raw :heart_eyes:

(Karen) #323

Too many posts again as per when I have been to work! Not a bad day, up at 4.45am after a so so night. No stair runs, hopefully I will be on form tomorrow morning to restart them. So I got to work at 6am and was able to walk out at 2pm, an 8 hour shift listening to a lot of rabble on the phones! Had one visitor to the office and it gave me a break chatting to her. No alarms going off today thankfully. Didnt feel half as tired when I left to come home today, unlike yesterday so I must have had a better sleep and no squinting today as I took my other specs in with me… big difference

Brunch just after 1115am again just slice cooked chicken with butter reheated in the microwave. @JJFiddle perhaps when you make white meat, chicken breast you should do like me and saute it in a big know of butter, mine never tastes dry that way whereas I am not keen on carved chick breast per say as I too find it too dry.

At home about 2.30pm I cooked up the turkey mince in duck fat with a bit if chicken spice and jerk spice and it was so nice I ate all 500g! This evening I have had a tin of tuna in mayo and a hard boiled egg as 8 know I hadn’t eaten enough today.

Oh my specs got handed into the prison gate today Yay. I must have dropped them as I was putting my bag in to the car in Friday as they had definitely been run over. They are damaged but useable now I have fiddled with them. They aren’t my most recent pair but I am finding them better for reading than my newer varifoculs.

Nipped up to retail park and bought some more bare root plants :grin: must stop lol, some oriental lily bulbs and some flowering and berry shrubs. Nearly bought a big cordyline from poundland but decided I would have a think about those. I really want to get a couple of small trees so I have emailed the woodland Trust, they were giving away trees recently though not sure they are still giving them away!

(Judy Thompson) #324

@Karen18 those icky chicken breast tenderloins were air fried after being drenched in egg, Parmesan and ground pork rinds. Hubby loves them. I would totally take your advice and fatten them up with ghee or duck fat (or butter) and fry!
Glad you found your glasses and got them to work!
Steak and shrimp were pretty good, I can feel the texture of corn finished steak and the cottony feel bugs me but the grill did work and shrimp was good too. I put lemon juice on it but not sure that matters anymore, it’s just as good without.
Also snacked this morning on raw hamburger from the farmer. OMG that’s so good!

(Linda ) #325

Today started with about 1/2 lb of chuck eye steak two coffee with salted chocolate electrolytes went shopping and grabbed a few pork rinds hubby was munching on haven’t been hungry since so looks like that’s it for today’s food

It’s only morning here, I baked 12 sponge cake muffins (good little action in my early zombie phase. I forgot the turn off the too early alarms so I woke up too early)… They are not fatty (twice as many whites than yolks, I prefer this now as I have very fatty, rich meaty items now) but my pork chuck is :slight_smile: I probably just fry some and eat my scotch egg today, the roast will come later.

We have sunshine and stopped heating. We still needed it in the weekend.

I look at prices… The hypermarket I frequent regularly since meat is my staple is good.
$4.9/kg for pork thigh and boneless pork hocks from domestic farms? It’s near unbelievable.

Oh and I realized our money got way worse again so I shouldn’t use 333HUF=1USD anymore, it’s 347 now. So if I just report meat prices, they may go down with time if raise doesn’t happen as our money gets worse all the time. Even our very impressive inflation can’t keep up with that in every timeframe.

I don’t know farm meat prices well for pork, I only bought smoked items and a little piglet once but it seems it’s significantly more expensive as it should be. The beef farm has about the same prices as supermarkets, amazing. If I ever would dare to eat raw beef, that would be my source (but I like to be super safe), they butcher an animal and sell it quickly. They announce it several days before and most cuts have a buyer in a day or sometimes less. Organs aren’t that popular, good for me as I love them :smiley: But I can be quick anyway.

Bream is on sale now, one day I will try that fish. It’s always available, I just prefer to buy way more pork with that money. I like few fishes, not even want salmon anymore :(. It’s just not fun not raw anymore.

April just seemed to roll thru so fast. We are so close to starting our May Carnivore.

Still holding very simple zc.

I got a hankering for bacon tho. Hubby cooked up some bacon yesterday and I said nah, don’t want any but this morning I woke and thought, BACON! So when I get hungry later I will fry up some bacon and chow down. Got nice burger to pair up with that. Still in a lower eating mood right now which is fine. Just go with the flow :sunny:

ZC on strong all!

I am hungry :frowning: Since noon :frowning:
I started to eat at 1pm, eggs and processed meat, soup too (I totally forgot about its existence so didn’t touch it yesterday) but it just isn’t enough (actually, I think I ate enough processed meat for now and want to take a break). Of course not, I just wanted to survive until lunchtime and I will but getting satiated for 1 hour, that takes a lot of food so I am still borderline but insistently hungry.
I just made my pork dishes and Alvaro is home in a few mins… I tasted the fried pork chuck (frying is great, I only need to wait 20 mins, not 2 hours :D), it’s very nice.

I have 2 scotch eggs, well I personally have one, Alv eats the other tomorrow. He expressed his desire to minimize meat for a little while again, okay so he haven’t changed drastically… It’s okay, chuck is my stuff as it’s too fatty for him. I used some of the leanest parts for the scotch eggs.

Tracked. Vaguely. My ham lasted for days and then I made powder from it so no one knows the amount but it wasn’t so much.
It seems the maybe 4 meals yesterday and even some extra carbs still couldn’t trigger overeating. Yay. Almost anything but that. Overeating is bad on multiple levels. But my non-animal carbs are low enough for me not to have that problem.

And today I am back to do my workout. And my carni. Apage satanas! I only have one month left, June is not a possible carni month for me (but I will do what I can. I won’t go wild and stuff).
IDK how many days I did without fruit now. 7? It’s pretty easy, well I knew it should be without desires and needs for it but to me, things being there and me being in not caring moments… Surprising things can happen then. But my “control” (not a good word and I don’t like it. I never want to control my eating, that’s not really hedonistic only for tiny challenges and just slightly, I still need to want that) is loads better now even if not regarding everything food related all the time. I am pleased.
I just want my OMAD (sometimes TMAD if I can pull it off) back. I am fine with 4-5 meals sometimes if that is chill but that’s tricky.

I tracked my salt intake for the last 4 weeks. Well just the part I added to food. 4g per day. It means I went over 5g as I had more processed stuff lately (and meat and eggs have sodium anyway). And even with this slightly higher intake (I think), I desire salt more now… Many months ago I couldn’t taste salt and not hate it. I needed salt for my food, sure but now I can lick salt and it’s nice. I am not desperate for it, my ~6g is totally enough but I welcome salt.

I will track it again if I notice changes.

(Linda ) #330

Today started with my coffee/salted chocolate electrolytes and table spoon of cream followed couple hours later by half pound of chuck eye steak got a brisket in smoker for tomorrow for hubby lunch

After I thought I am done, I suddenly wanted to eat some pork roast. Yeah, it’s never so good when I have my fav roast, finally, after eating other things since long…
The meat was different than other times, not so soft fat but nice, it resembles more like some very meaty, somewhat raw pork belly…? Hard to explain, whatever, it was nice but I want my meat crispier now, the fried meat was so good :smiley:

Now I am super full. Hopefully it lasts so long that I can do OMAD again. I ate several times today again - as nearly always when I can’t do OMAD. It wasn’t so bad but not ideal, I still dislike overeating but it’s actually often the key for triggering OMAD and anyway, one day isn’t true overeating. (Unless if it’s more than 2 times over my energy need, maybe.)

I did my old plan and cut my meat into pieces weighing a pound each. I tried to make a photo of the prettiest, I made 3, all very blurry. Okay, I didn’t find the proper lens but still, I don’t understand. Oh well. The meat is quite fatty, even for pork chuck. So I can’t track, again :smiley: But it’s fine, I still take notes about the amount of meat I consume, it’s an interesting info.
I misplaced my notes too (I hate my zillion messy notes but am totally unable to stop to use them) so IDK that info right now either. But it’s way over a pound.

Alvaro decided he has nothing else to eat so ate some leaner parts of the pretty piece. Okay so he isn’t so much against meat now… And tomorrow we have scotch eggs, a bit larger than usual, 120g pork in each.

(Karen) #332

Nice to have a lie in this morning after 3 very silly o’clock starts. I had decided that all being well I would resume stair runs and thats exactly what I did.thrashes out 100 flights in 32mins so well pleased with that. Thought seriously about going to CrossFit but thought better of it and decided I would ease back in gradually ad not over do things and end up knocking myself back again. I will start CrossFit on Saturday.

Had 4 eggs scrambled for brunch which was lively and then popped out to the shop and then yo ice up my friend and take him to the garden centre as I needed some more compost.

Returned home and had chicken wings for dinner followed a bit later by 2 hard boiled eggs and a bit later again by some bacon.

(Daisy) #333

bone broth jello, scrambled eggs (cooked in kerrygold) and bacon. Raw beef and raw beef suet. Half was from my cow and half was discount supermarket meat. The more I eat raw, the less I want to eat any of it cooked. Which is probably going to come back to bite me, but I’m definitely taking more risk. It’s just so much better though!!
image image image

(Shawn Patrick Malone) #334

As usual I’m late to the party, what’s May looking like so I’m good to go?

(Judy Thompson) #335

3:40 am here and wide awake so might as well make use of the time, lol. Was thinking of listening to a podcast but this is more useful since I didn’t post yesterday.

Another busy day, mainly in the kitchen.
I ate the 2 boiled eggs from last week as I was hungry and starting a new batch.
Steamed 7 eggs for scotch eggs for lunch and leftovers, peeled and put in the fridge to dry.
Then dog food day after walking the puppy and coffee with hubby. Mixed, wrapped and froze a month’s worth of food for Mimsy.
After while I wrapped those eggs in sausage and air fried them. We each ate 1, and he had his fries and pudding and then I decided to eat a 2nd egg! They’re filling with ¼ lb sausage.

In the afternoon I diced up a package of chicken breasts for dog treats - 5 dehydrator trays! And put them on to dry for Mimsy at 115°. Keeps them technically raw yet crispy for her.

The uke was ready so I went and paid for it, hurray! I love my new vintage Gibson uke and if I can work it up it will be a lot of fun in TX!

Started teaching online at 4:45, grabbed some cheddar cheese :cheese: for fuel, last student came in person at 8.

Watched TV with hubby, had a weak scotch and soda, few bites of raw burger and more cheese, called it a day.

I like that people bring their not food related things :slight_smile: Flowers, house, pool, uke, scenery… :smiley: Yay!

Nothing to report yet but I will have lunch, I feel it. Why do I get hungry so early…?

I thought about the fat first thing and remembered how I did fat fast. I still think a not too fatty carnivore-ish OMAD should work for me but maybe when I get hungry way too early, I will have a fat fast style little meal… Extremely fatty (very little protein) small meals can satiate me, I experienced that. it’s possible that it won’t work but I see a decent chance of it being helpful… I will get my calories even if I get bored of meat and eggs eventually… My protein won’t be so high… Well I like to eat more than a little meat so I don’t want it to be only adequate but maybe not 200g all the time, I tend to do that now…
My fat must go low though, good luck for that… But things are interesting, my very fatty meal would be about percentage, not really much fat in grams… Oh well, experiments are nice,. Maybe I learn something from it.

Of course I eat whatever I please, I don’t force this. Even I have a few low-protein items I like. I just normally avoid them.
My old fat fast was vegetarian, of course but it seems we go shopping in Saturday so I can get some really fatty pork (that insanely fatty stuff I mentioned many times).

(Karen) #337

@JJFiddle I love your flamingos . I have a metal one in the kitchen, had it sitting on the windowsill a bit too long so now have half right pink and half faded so moved it to the worktop and turned it to the brightside lol.

Managed another 100 flights of stairs this morning with no issues. No CrossFit, I am ageing so good. Kitty sitting today for my daughter :two_hearts: :heart: kitty is so sweet she is in my arms at the mo which makes it a bit difficult to tap this out.

2 pork chops for brunch at 11.30am and just had 4 scrambled eggs in butter.

Had a call from the stroke in the Community team and because I recently had this little set back she is going to put me back on their register. She is also going to right an email to my line manager for support. Not overly happy that I couldn’t take sick leave and concerned that the ill health retirement process takes 65 working days and I could have more issues during that time. Nice to have the support. She is such a nice lady as well.

No scrambly eggs pic but it looked very like yesterdays scrambly eggs pic :laughing: had to eat it quick before Astrid the kitty got her paws into it :hushed:

fast post
just busy busy and darn if my stupid sciatic nerve ain’t screaming at me…ugh. literally one cheek of my butt HURTS and feels like that leg is gonna go right out from under me but WILL survive like I do when this goes down but darn, I hate anything slowing down my life, oh well, we all know this stuff happens :slight_smile:

ate great yesterday.

chicken breast fried in butter, 1/2 cheeseburger patty, 3 smaller country style pork ribs and a 12 or so ounce NY Strip steak…and lost 2 lbs on the scale and HOPE it holds :slight_smile:

Slowly inch by inch thru month by month and time over time do I ever ever very ever slow slowly chip away at those last darn PIA vanity lbs I want gone :clown_face::unicorn::skull_and_crossbones::ok_hand:

I gotta scream flat out, I love this darn way of life and eating lifestyle!

ok, off to put some ice on something around my lower back/butt area…oh geez lousie :space_invader::scream:

(Daisy) #339

@Fangs I hope your back feels better!

Food today was pink steak bites and suet. Sleep has still been worse than ever. I am thinking the San pellegrino may the issue, I’m going to cut it out for a few days and see.

Get better soon, @Fangs! But I like your style and spirit :smiley: Good thing you keep that even in harder times!

Nothing interesting today, I ate pork chuck roast, a big scotch egg and various leftover things. Low egg and probably higher meat day, didn’t track yet.
TMAD!!! I pulled out TMAD, amazing :smiley:

My ankle is better, I can walk at my normal speed though my leg gets tired after a few kms. My lifting is worse too but I skipped weeks and it happens anyway.

Our webshop order won’t wait until Saturday, we go to pick it up tomorrow and that’s in the building of the supermarket we like for meat so I guess I buy more pork chuck :slight_smile: And whatever nice we see.
We still have beef, a little turkey (I buy more if possible) and Alvaro brought a big rabbit and will do it again a month later. $5.2/kg, sounds good. The egg (and rabbit) lady said it must be nice as the bunny ate apples all winter. But… Even carrot is candy, too sugary in bigger amounts for rabbits… Well this one didn’t survive enough to have big problems…
Still, we need to keep buying meat as I eat it moderately quickly and I take my carnivore(-ish but really just slightly) May plan very seriously.

I am a zombie all day. Just because I woke up a bit at night (in my Sacred Period, 3-6am so it’s serious). Why am I this sensitive? My spirit isn’t affected but my brain, my mood, my ability to sit for long…