All Animal April

zerocarb
carnivore

(Karen) #301

Ooo too many posts my head can’t take it arghhh. Been up since 4.45am even though I wasn’t doing stair runs (restarting mon) I just decided I would go into work at 630am to get off home half an hour earlier as I was originally at 7am start today. Bumoed into my friend in the way out of the prison, hadn’t seen her since getting back to work after stroke only to find out it was her first day back after 8 months off. She had been diagnosed with a brain tumour and had it removed. Wow I was shocked, as was she, as she didn’t know i had had a Stroke. We both agreed it was so nice to talk to someone who understood the ‘head’ thing!

So i diverted a tad bit and gave her a lift into town then headed home for something to eat. I was feeling hungry so my first meal of the day was beef meatballs. I defrosted them overnight and wasn’t sure 8 fancied them but then thought go for it so I pann fried them and ate them … all 12 of them lol they were actually very tasty. Cooked them in duck fat.

Out ti the bank after that meal and picked up the bank card I ordered on Wednesday for my daughter. Popped into some charity shops… it would have been rude not to … and picked up a white stool type bench seat with shelf underneath. I am sure it was just meant to be an indoor shelfy thingy but it is sturdy and looks nice at end of the patio. I now have somewhere to sit with my morning brew and watch the sun come up from the east. Also managed to pick my prescription up, I only went to pharmacy to make sure it would be ready early next week and it was ready and waiting! :smiley: bought 3 strappy t shirts too and then hone via Lidl for my pack up chicken for tomorrow. Chicken wings on my mind so I had to go to Asda and get 2 bags to portion up, they’re so cheap. On the way in I couldn’t pass the plants to see what they had and got 6 fruit canes. I had a fabulous tayberry Bush that lost to get garden overhauled. It would bear fruit 3 times a year. Of course I used to eat it like crazy before going carnie but just thought the bird would probably like them and I know my daughter will enjoy the crops.

Home again and scrambly eggs for dinner. Work tomorrow and Sunday arghhh. Early night and hopefully sleep well as it was covers on covers off all last night! :tired_face:

@FrankoBear yes its the chemical they put in to the cream to give it sun protection … probably just a hypey selling point … that I am getting the reaction to. Strange how it only started happening in 2020 during lockdown. I can only use one sun lotion now and that is an aloe Vera one. I think @Fangs is probably right about sun lotions. Stuoid thing was I wasn’t thinking slap on the sun lotion I was thinking heck my face is so dry slap on the moisturiser and thats what I did, I slapped it on … far too much of it. The skin on my neck and under my chin is still irritating but nowhere near as bad.

@Karen18 …meatballs look delish! Great idea, too.

There are a ton of posts here! WOWZER! I really don’t have much to report, other than some really bad cravings today. I made a pretty stiff cup of coffee, doused it with HWC, - hoping to avoid any bad decisions. Might go for a drive down to the farm as a diversion.

Work has been going pretty well. Hard getting back into the swing of things after being off for 5 days. The leg with the varicose veins/blood clot has been reminding me that shorter shifts would be nicer. But, I’m able to sit down most of the times I need to rest it. Had to unload the truck this week, which was kind of a surprise. He was late arriving, so that job ended up on my shift. It wasn’t that bad but…the truckload was less than half the size I expected - based on the need for product. Either its a supply chain issue, or the product re-ordering system isn’t functioning properly.

Got dinner guests tonight, so, will be food prepping in a little while. It would be nice if I knew what the menu was. LOL! Well, best go figure that out now.

OH! wanted to share this tidbit…I was looking for tunafish, and discovered that tuna packed in olive oil is actually a thing. I’ve only ever seen water or sunflower oil. So, that was cool - and it contained 11g of fat. I ordered it, tried it yesterday, and it was pretty darn good. Just throwin that out there if anyone is interested.

(Linda ) #303

Yesterday’s lunch turned into omad other than another coffee with electrolytes and water with relytes added …Was hungry today by about 2pm so I made my coffee with electrolytes and threw three flanken ribs into cook and was eating them by 2.30.
But now I’m struggling to finish my coffee haha but I’ll keep sipping away at it.

(Daisy) #304

This is taking bbbe to the maximum level :joy: burger patties topped with bacon, topped with eggs cooked in kerrygold. :heart_eyes: with a tiny side of raw beef suet, as the burgers were fairly lean. Very, very, very filling omad!

I didn’t want to wait when I got borderline hungry, it felt I better eat so had lunch. I got satiated too quickly but kept eating various things, I did my best to stuff myself. I am curious what is my result. Probably not enough for OMAD but who knows? I added some yolks in the end :smiley:
My food was nice. I only have one photo.

This abomination is pork thigh roast with ham on it. The ham is rigid and not cooperative, I only can make a beauty mummy with supple bacon, not with this ham. Not my fault :smiley: It was way too much overly salty ham for poor meat slice so I take some off and ate separately. With other pork and sponge cakes. Still salty. Only could consume 50g ham and now I don’t want processed meat for a while (so, until tomorrow, I suppose).

It’s good I have a meaty day and like cheese and have quark as I really, really don’t want eggs now. I only ate 1 today (planned 3) and wasn’t happy with it (but it was a soft egg, took a few seconds).
My sponge cakes are special and I drank some yolks… My coffee intake is very low but still existing.

[…]
I tracked to see if I can be hungry again :slight_smile: 1200 kcal with 144g protein… Sigh. Yeah, too lean pork does this to me. I made sure I eat fatty stuff for my smallish lunch. So my 46% protein became 38% :wink:
I had head cheese in pancake, yolky coffee, semi-dry sausage (115g pork in 100g so not my usual stuff but it’s nice enough. I prefer softer sausage in my scrambled eggs anyway).
I think sausage prices went up…? But hard to tell, so many different ones and the price is quite different when they aren’t on sale…

@Ketodaisy: I wish I could do such a simple OMAD one day… Or just first meal…
Those eggs look fabulous especially with that shine on them :smiley: Glamour egg photo :smiley:

I still like eggs, I just don’t really want to eat them in big numbers at the moment.

Yes that was me. I can lose 70 lbs in the blink of an eye and I can gain 70 lbs back faster than I lost it, like you, ask me how I know and I am living proof also. Now I lose like 55 and have kept it off and the last stubborn lbs, well whatever at this point I just know the 55 ain’t back and I have no intention finally of allowing them back :slight_smile: Weee…

NO MUSHROOM IS THAT CARNIVORE CRAZY. they are classified as vegetables cause they are not animal and NO FUNGUS is not an animal but I tell ya, SO many carnivores eat mushrooms and do fine on them truly and I am one, I can eat them but now it is like, why bother? truly they have 0 use for me!!! but no they are not animal and this ‘pretend’ they are BS is just plain azz stupid HA

I so wish this wasn’t an issue for ya! I hope you can get this kinda in some better control maybe? Just hope ya are doing ok on it tho!!

I find olive oil tuna super slimey and icky to taste. I gotta do tuna in water. I just never put tuna and oil as ‘a thing’ so just a taste thing for me truly on that one :slight_smile:

@Ketodaisy
big YUM

I took stopping for lunch on the road home to the max :slight_smile: weee…

we eat so well darn it on this plan :sunny:

---------------driving home no kid, no dog and I thought. OMG we can eat anywhere, take our time, relax and enjoy what we both want… screw those fast food burgers :scream_cat: yuk, I said BBQ place we passed many times in our travels and so happy I did:

IMG_2106

My plate: ribs and baked chicken and I went back for more baked chicken cause it was SO juicy. yum. I ate so well, home and 0 desire to eat tonight.
IMG_2108

get this: $10.90 buffet all you can eat and I didn’t eat the pulled pork or fried chicken or tons of other things on that buffet. Talking great value for the bucks and yes the place was packed, we just missed the big crowd and we ate oh so good.

under my baked chicken on top is a hunk of fried chicken —you can just see it—that hubby wanted…get this, his plate was so slap full of hush puppies, corn, chick and dumplings, mac n cheese and pulled pork and sweet tater mash and some other stuff that I had to carry his piece of chicken HAHA
yea…he ate obscene but he loved it and I say whatever now but darn it was fab. He got chocolate pudding with some whipped cream and I ate the whipped cream off the top. yum. still so full.

I tell ya I scored in that place :slight_smile:

Alvaro went to the village (my ankle isn’t good enough yet for cycling, it’s especially tender lately. it gets kinda boring, I barely go out. and it kinda ruins my carnivore-ish efforts, I mean I would have a tiny deficit if I moved more… but it’s just the same maintenance as with eating a ton of sugar 2 days a week, not like I could do that now :smiley: my maintenance calorie range is pretty big, never could gain quickly. it would be good if I could lose… but main thing is I NEED exercise for energy and well-being and surely for health, it’s a miracle I feel pretty bubbly and awake now. maybe going to bed early, before 1am did the trick. I get up in the perfect time every day all by myself!!!), bought me sour cream (YAY!!! I can’t live without sour cream. well I can but it’s a miserable existence and results in more off eating) and reported meat prices. Not like I know what they were before in that particular supermarket… But they seem normal compared to what I saw in a city not long ago.

It’s not even noon yet so I am satiated. I drink too many coffees though (not many but too many. I should be at zero now).

Oh sunshine after the rain! :smiley: I will bring some garden photos later.

I am a tad worried about the times when pork shoulder will be the cheapest pork by far and I can’t resist… It even has more calories for that price… But it’s not so satiating or tasty. Not bad but not that good. I think I will use it in moderation. For times when I need some quick dense bites (maybe it works for OMAD and I won’t overeat even using it. but I won’t use much). Or I can mix it with lean cuts for scotch eggs or frikadellers… But as staple roast, nope, it isn’t good enough for me. Chuck is the perfection. Thigh is too lean, sadly. But I do OMAD first and I will see what my protein and energy intake does then. Well, I probably can’t do OMAD with lean meat unless I add more fatty items. I know for a fact that eating 140-150g protein in one sitting is no challenge for me at all.

It doesn’t work automatically, I need to push a little.

I was hungry at noon so I ate. Not much.
Scrambled eggs with sausage and pork roast with cheese and later sour cream as well:

I had 2 sponge cakes, more pork and sour cream, half of the… long cup? What do you call a 330g cuplike package? it was nice and creamy and balanced out the too rich sausage and too salty ham… Oh yep I ate some crunchy ham but it’s super salty, only good for scrambled eggs.

Nicely satiated now after my eggy coffee…

Keeping today super simple

got a NY Strip steak for later as main first meal.

after I got some chicken strips to fry up in some butter.

I am ‘kinda over food’ right now LOL, well for this day. eating so well that I hit the day I say ‘whatever’, don’t care.

all zc good!!

(Karen) #310

Too may posts again … blimey I only need yo see that number of unread posts and my head fills up! :crazy_face: @Ketodaisy thought exactly the same as @Shinita, your eggs on top of the burgers look amazing … made me want some so that will be in the list at the end of the mo th when I so my big shop. It has been quite strange not constantly topping up my freezer this month. 8 have bought the odd food here and there but my freezer is almost half empty :astonished: i am trying to just use up what is in there. I have some turkey mince in the fridge so I might just shape it into burgers and have those with lively fried eggs on top :slightly_smiling_face:

@Fangs those rkbs looked finger lickin good so happy you got a great meal out that you and your other half could enjoy.

Up at silly o’clock again this morning. I can remember thinking what the hell am I doing getting up at this time when I am not stair running??? However I just thought the sooner you’re at work the sooner you will be coming home again and I was there just after 6am so was out of there just after 2pm. I lost my specs yesterday, somewhere between the office I was working in and getting home. When I noticed I didn’t have them I just thought I had left them behind on my desk but nope so no idea where they went. Not in the office not in the car not been handed in the the gate ??? I don’t know but I have spent today squinting at 2 screens, trying to type in tel numbers … and 8 can’t decipher between 3’s and 8’s or 5’s and 6’s arghhh my head wasn’t very happy about it. Nice and quiet though without interruptions until the fire alarm sounded at midday … someone burnt the toast down in reception as per, but it wasn’t once, it went off then stopped then started then stopped for about 20 minutes. Fingers in ears and almost hoping it would carry on so i had an excuse to go home early lol!

I had brunch just after 11 today, having been up since 4.45am. Cooked chicken slices reheated heated in a big knob of butter, very nice. That got me home and I had another lidl pork ribs. I cooked them just right, so tender but a bit crispy on outside. Yum. They didn’t take long to eat… sticky fingers mmmmm then I was still a bit hungry so I had some of the corned beef I opened the other night. It is so much better when it’s straight out of the fridge ice and cold with a bit of mayo. Chucked the last bit away cos I had had enough.

More expensive eggs or not, we eat them like no tomorrow :smiley: I was not so much into meat today (especially that I wanted to finish my leaner pieces and they aren’t so tempting), more eggs and dairy happened. But I have a nice big fatty pork thigh roast for tomorrow. And only a bite of smoked pork chuck as Alvaro happily ate the rest with eggs. His diet is quite meaty for him these days. So no vegetarian days. Well, he loves leaner pork (and turkey), I never could tempt him with shoulders… He was so against them in the supermarkets and yep, I don’t want them either for a while.

Ah, I fixed our front door lock (it has problems and then we broke it, apparently) and it wasn’t as easy as I can’t measure and ordered not the right one just almost… But I am a stubborn one. Alvaro was cold (he didn’t want to heat with door with holes in it), I was super hot (physical work and stress do that to me)… But it’s done and we can lock the door. Just amazing. It’s not perfect, it’s not smooth, something between the door and the frame with the things on it (it’s a 5 point lock and a 3-layer door, very fancy but insulation was important for us even if we actually couldn’t afford it without sacrificing not so important things like proper floors… well my paper floor is pretty and works great almost everywhere :smiley: even in the bathroom. I gave up on the kitchen, we will need something proper there eventually. some heavy duty stuff, we are there A LOT) but we will see what we can do about it. I googled and nothing. I have some ideas though.

(Linda ) #312

Yesterday turned into one meal and a snack at 10.30pm …my fault I had already eaten when I made my husband a meatza in a spring form pan with lots of cheese bacon sausage and since it was for him mushroom and tomatoe… so I snacked on some of the base mince and sausage meat with some cheese and bacon yum…

Today I’m eating last two flanken ribs and a lamb chop…husband still has half his meatza even after taking it to work so I won’t be tempted by cooking smells later he will just grab and go …but if I was to get hungry I got sausage bacon and eggs so just see how it goes.

I was reading an article today put out by diet Dr and Jason fung on hunger and hunger hormones and appetite…funny how these things appear when that’s where your mind set is at… It backed up my thinking that’s its nothing to do calories, what we got to fix is hunger hormones and control appitite noise.
I think understanding that the desire to eat often has nothing to do with hunger and if we choose to feed our appetite it leads us to over eating … im down 5lbs from after I got sick couple more to go.
The electrolytes has def helped knock out the back ground noise of food thoughts maybe I was low end of nutrients I wasn’t hardly ever taking anything or maybe its just made me increase my fluids which has always something I’ve struggled with. But for now it’s working so in the mean time il keep looking at ways affect the hormones…

I Think its great that carnivore for so many fixes all with these issues just by eating meat but when you’ve been doing it for over a year and your still gaining something is still broken sometging needs tweaking… yeah it’s going up sowly and nope I haven’t gained most of my weight back and that I do credit to t
Keto/ carnivore most every diet I’ve been on I’ve ended up gaining it all back in well under the year I started keto over two years ago and have kept off over 70lbs so yep that’s success in my eyes but now I want what most of you have …a stable weight where hunger is not an issue and weight stops climbing…
So im def not giving up on carnivore I love the simplicity I love my meat but I just got to find what makes it work for me lol…

(UsedToBeT2D) #313

You did right! Awesome.

(Daisy) #314

T bones and browned butter. I’ve been self destructing a little bit the last couple days so I need to get back on track!

Bad sleep as I wanted to do something but was too tired and it was on my mind and I set multiple early alarms to do it…
I am a very full zombie now. Or satiated, never was clear on the full thing and that’s irrelevant anyway except when too much but I feel that.
Last night I ended up eating more. Meat and cheese and eggs, it was wonderful and barely could stop (a tiny bit hungrier than before). I probably ate a lot yesterday. Maybe I shouldn’t ignore meat that much during the day but I fancied other things. The last pork thigh roast piece is wonderful!!! HOW can this cut do this? Lean-ish (still with some visible fat though, nice) but it doesn’t get dry when I roast it for 90 minutes or whatever I usually do. Maybe more. Nope, it is soft and pink and tender inside. And I have fatty jelly on the oven pan anyway… WAY TOO salty due to stupid hams. I should have used less salt on the roast but my mind wasn’t that great at thinking things over and remembering. But there is the amount of sponge cakes that will handle that. I make 12 sponge cakes every day now… Great stuff. I wonder if I ever will get bored of it. Unlikely. It’s like bread or rice for many people just better. It’s a base for rich stuff. Or stuff I can eat alone but then I will run out of sour cream in no time… Sponge cake with sour cream is great.

Today I have a nice variety: delicious pork roast, smoked pork chuck, sponge cakes, cheese, I try to be careful with the sour cream… Oh and the super salty crispy ham. It make my lots of jelly salty and even retained so much… Sigh. Poor sponge cakes, I better make 24. They disappear in no time. I have some very soft-boiled eggs too. I am not into them right now but they are quick to eat.
I have no idea how quickly they spoil in their shells, I know hard-boiled eggs are allegedly super great at it (I experienced elsewhere though, not to the extent I have read) but these are soft. Kept in the fridge though (hard ones should be okay for long in room temp).

Not very sunny day but we hope it won’t be as cold as yesterday.

But I said I bring pics. A few days old ones.

BLOOM…
The little bush in the foreground isn’t very apparent but it’s very pretty and white. It’s hard to show my garden, something is always in the way… And casts shadows too. My wonderful “imperialist plant” (I kill its babies all the time, it wants to dominate the word) is on the pic, it is very pretty most of the time, not right now.

I still have daffodils but not for long…

One of my numerous red-yellow tulips. I STILL HAVE a black (very dark purple) one, I thought they all disappeared…

Great posts on the board to read!!

Keeping it very simple again.

defrosting a nice steak and I think tonight for second meal I am gonna do a lb. of shrimp. maybe with some chicken breast if wanted.

Just in a zc zen food mode :slight_smile: Nothing is calling at me to change anything ya know. Right now I just feel very stable and want everything very simple. I kinda am in a mood to ‘forget about any eating plans’ ya do and just be the eating plan. But that is where I am at right now. Just zc’ing along in good form so far :slight_smile:

I can’t believe April is flying by now and into May we go soon!!

(Judy Thompson) #317

Aaah… Such a wholesome, relaxing way to live. Simple, healthy. I’m at somewhere around :100: days right now, having started carnivore Jan 12th. I have about 8" extra at the end of my belt and my jeans go on and off without unzipping. Yet I’m never hungry, never white-knuckling it to the next mealtime. There is surprisingly plenty of variety and deliciousness every day.

Yesterday we played a wedding reception at the officer’s club after teaching all morning. I threw together scrambled eggs and bacon to tide us over, then hit the road. It was great playing our rock quartet again, all hubby’s arrangements, no requests from the party, just played. I’m the 1st violin so of course I chose everything, such fun.
Worst thing was their hors d’oeuvers, smelled to high heaven of garlic. Glad I went through that early on so I can tolerate it better.
All of us had tickets labeled Prime Rib but everybody had other plans. I thought, I bet that stuff is slathered with garlic like everything else! So we took off afterwards and went to the brewery, food is workable there albeit limited. But I got their ½ chicken hubby loves my woe because he gets my sides, so he can just get soup and salad and eat my extras!

Today, I have rib eyes thawing, looked up sous vide + grill, now have to check out the gas grill here and see if it still works. Really missing steak! And some jumbo shrimp coming out of the freezer to go along with it.

Today, throwing out old kitchen stuff, cleaning the kitchen and making dog food and dehydrating chicken treats. Total day off music lol :joy:

These are chicken tenders I made Friday - these gag me lol, white meat is so dry.

I remember asking this regarding garlic omelets but WHY???
Garlic and egg isn’t really a thing - or it shouldn’t be :smiley: (Okay, okay, tastes, I know, mine isn’t superior over others…)

Meanwhile I had my second meal. Cheesy pancake, cold pork roast, sausage, ham, sponge cakes, soft-boiled eggs… No problem but it’s possible I will eat much today as well. Well it’s weekend and I started to eat very early, before noon… But I ate much yesterday. So my meals are smallish (not very small, it’s me but still, it seems small? I have notes so maybe I will track later). 3-4 still would be too much for me.

I will finish my pork roast today so a cute, 2.3kg (a bit over 5 pounds) pork chuck slab is defrosting in the fridge… Wow, pork roast after pork roast but it sounds okay, I definitely don’t want other meats now.

And I made ham powder :smiley: I will try it in my sponge cakes.

I touched my keyboard after months, looked at some old plays, simple but more than enough challenge in my tired state… I did the full basic course for piano when I was a kid, I finished when I was 14…? So it was ages ago. I play sometimes but too little. A keyboard is very different and I turn off the pressure sensitivity(? probably not the right term for it) as it works horribly… Nice full size keyboard but a cheap one. It’s good enough for lazy me.

yea I am into year 5 now and I find THIS PLAN is the ONLY one I can eat all I really need and feel so darn good doing just that. I lost the bulk of what I want gone but darn those last ones I would love gone ‘are every so slowly now’ leaving, but that darn bit of ‘I FOUND MY WAY’ to eat in life and not feel deprived, craving, feel so off and such a failure and more’ is PRICELESS! :slight_smile: So happy you feel it to and doing so well! Time, just let life happen ON PLAN and see where it takes you :slight_smile: that is what I did in the end, keep the faith in the plan and let it just lead you the way! great post!

you seem to ‘seek out that garlic’ smell LOL it seems to be your search and run from smell HAHA I know. I find many things SO intense now. Perfume that was ‘ah’ is now so pungent and strong, even just smelling anything in the wind I am like smell that, and no one else does and I think…ZC is showing me REAL life as what nature intended. My senses are not dulled anymore :slight_smile: I like that.

you are gonna love that ribeye when ya tear into it :wink:

---------------so unpack rv and more from trip but hubby ran up to little smokehouse store and said they got a brisket and I was like…NAH…that I know it is OK but lately, the last few bought the darn FAT IS trimmed so low ya know that I don’t find it enjoyable. I WANT all that great fat. I would eat literally 1/2 the amt of meat IF that fat content was high. I am kinda over ‘others doing for me’ when I can find better in my own paws in my own home and do it myself. Well kinda is falling that way now. So no brisket, I got my steak chick and shrimp for today and I got tons of zc in freezer and more and I am just in a zone of ‘be chill on it all’ and enjoy what I got and what I need at the time for each meal ya know :slight_smile:

I always eat as much as I want on every woe… But the more the carbs, the more I overeat (and when it’s very massive overeating, I even gain very slowly) - and I feel very different. It’s WAY more chill close to carnivore, I lose compulsive eating (sometimes I lose all my appetite and more, that’s problematic but it got better lately, yay. I like my food. but I have a tad more extras, maybe that’s why, I need to check). My old keto surely was too carby, at least too planty. Though 20g net carbs mostly from plants probably feels good too, it’s so very low - but maybe it still matters. I think it might. I surely would need more food then and maybe it would make me a different person again.

I just know that 35g net carbs from vegs, oily seeds and fruit surely wasn’t good for me (it was nice but just as nice as 70g. and not nice after I tried out carnivore and saw the huge difference).

It’s okay now except I eat way too often. My attitude is carnivore(-ish but it’s nearly the same) but if it doesn’t work and I go off, it’s still so very little plants and my body is fine with that. But if I would plan to be “kinda near carnivore…ish”, I surely would go too far… So I try to behave and if it’s not 100% success, still good.

But I very, very much disagree with the opinion that if we aren’t forced to do carnivore or even keto due to very serious physical health reasons, we should just eat carbs galore (even if it’s low-carb, that can be still very high in my world). Nope. I do feel better at very low. Just because I feel okay on some carbs too, it has disadvantages. And I don’t sacrifice anything anyway. If things gets super hard, I add something carefully.
But I take my no fruit rule very seriously now :slight_smile: It’s the time to enjoy the flowers on the trees anyway. And I do :smiley: Granny Smith just started, it’s pink flower time now, I suppose (but the majority of the white ones are still in bloom):