All Animal April

zerocarb
carnivore

(Daisy) #281

I’m definitely feeling much slimmer!!

(Robin) #282

Yay!!!

yesterday was 3 sausage patties then we ate an ‘early dinner out’ so hubby could come back to surf fish the day away.

ate around 2pm-----crispy smoked pork belly and a rack of ribs.
oh yea

then we hit Bass Pro store fast to see if it had some surf fishing rods he wanted to buy but they didn’t so we ‘walked the MALL’ that was attatched to Bass Pro and it was abandoned and mostly deserted. Horrible. Like 5 retail stores and 1 little ol’ food place in the food court. It was totally silent in there. Big mall dying on the vine.

Malls are going bye bye that I can see. This was was on its way out fast. I guess the life of retail sales is really changing out there, we noticed quite a few malls being abandoned in our last yrs out on the road. I don’t know, just wild to see all that ya know :slight_smile:

TODAY is pork tenderloin I will cook in RV then out to dinner tonight for all you can eat crab legs, yea, you don’t have to drag me there, I will go willingly HAHA

Soldier on strong all!

(Robin) #284

Sounds like you won the lottery on meals! And Malls are dying here too. The big brand stores are moving to the far edges of town where the wealthy are living now. It’s the usual. Money follows money.

oh yes I see that but I was thinking between covid and ‘so much online shopping’ that one never needs to go out to buy LOL that malls were doing that from those, but yes I do see what you are saying. Near bigger money stuff survives…yea so true

hubby flipped me. NO eating out for crab etc. He wants to hit up a pawn shop and sell like 4 surf rods and see what he gets and just clean out his rods, figures more bucks here at ocean pawn then around our inland house ! hope he does well…but he wants to fish tonight so 3 or so and hit the beach and fish til night since we leave tomorrow and I said fine.
we cooked tenderloin on the grill…yum and I ate 2 hotdogs with melty cheese and I am happy and full. probably leftover ribs and 2 burgers tonight, I don’t care and THAT IS ONE of the biggest perks of this WOE is that I don’t care HAHA

AND NOW HOUNDING down a RUM DRINK so party time
who knows where this will lead :scream_cat::unicorn:

I was soooo hungry today, very early too… Leftovers, eggs, not interesting, I only show the turkey wings (I ate one, Alv ate another):

This pic was made 1-2 days ago when I had more roast… It was so fatty!

And this is my smoked pork chuck, this was quite fatty too and I keep using the fattiest parts for my no-added-fat scrambled eggs. Well I did it today, it’s almost disappeared now…

I run out of sour cream and yogurt :scream:

Alvaro brought eggs. Price increased by 13%. We are above $2 for a dozen now. No idea about normal eggs.

(Edith) #288

Never heard of it. :grinning:, but I live out near Manassas and try to avoid going close to DC and the surround areas if at all possible.

(Karen) #289

Had a better night last night. Didn’t end up taking the anti histamine and just a bit of irritation under my chin and down my neck, nothing that really kept me awake though.

Today I managed to get in for a hair appt, I was so surprised as I usually have to wait for my hair stylist, he must have had a cancellation, their loss my gain … or perhaps that should be the other way round as I have gone really short and it feels so good. Because I got the hair appt I had to quickly go up and dye my hair before he cut it. Gone back to black … the purple I did last time never turned out purple and the more it faded the more it looked maroon! Always a safe bet going back to black.

Had some scrambly eggs for brunch at midday-ish then when I got home early evening I cooked chilli n salt pork spare ribs. I tried my doing my own butchers ribs last time but no where near as tasty. How they can say the ribs were 2 servings I have no idea… they must think people have small appetites lol though I suppose if one added veg and spuds n all, those portions may be okay!

Well I finished the ribs double quick time and promptly cooked 2 pork chops I had defrosted. Feel about right now.

Work tomorrow :tired_face: but only a short shift thankfully but in all weekend :roll_eyes: should be okay, should be quiet without distractions.

(Linda ) #290

Todays food so far was a hot coffee/salted chocolate electrolytes drink with a table spoon cream followed by 3 flanken style ribs

(Daisy) #291

Today’s meal was bone broth jello, the last 2 soft boiled eggs turned into egg salad using melted kerrygold butter and bacon pieces, raw beef suet, and lamb chuck chops. Another atrocious night sleep. I pushed my auto ship of my cortisol manager back to next month because I had a different bottle. Last night was the second night of taking it and I’m not living it. At 1 am, I ordered my other one and thankfully it will be here tomorrow. I’m not ruling out eating a second meal today. I got comfortable but not stuffed and I’m already feeling a little bit hungry. We’ll see.

IDK what is spuds but if it’s carbs, it just would increase the needed amount of normal food for me unless it’s A LOT. I still need my nice amount of protein but I need less then…? Never tracked but it seems so. And I did checked and tracked what happens if I eat less protein than normally enough but way more food than I actually need. It was on keto and I had only one low-protein day and a few lowish-protein day (like, 70-80g so nowhere close to my safe 120g) and eating more helped.

I just tracked, my protein was quite high today as well (no surprise here) but 34% as I ate much more. Yep, it was a hungry day but I was careful to eat fattier stuff if possible.

Tomorrow is roast meat, that’s lean pork, we will see. Maybe I won’t keep eating 11 white heavy sponge cake muffins a day… Protein is precious and a bit expensive and why to waste it when it’s unneeded in that amounts… But fat doesn’t satiate me well. And anyway, I am glad if I can stay somewhere close to carnivore without food boredom so I eat whatever I please and can. Still can make little changes like using more yolks (I run out of my egg white collection anyway so yolk time is it. yolk is great).

(Daisy) #293

Yes I did eat again, slow scrambled eggs and bacon and biltong

(Judy Thompson) #294

@VirginiaEdie thanks. Good for you to be that far from the city, I don’t blame you for staying away from this insanity! Traffic is worse every time we come.
Bob and Edith’s is near Ft Myer. I was impressed with the bacon cheeseburger and egg, nice thick double patty, egg just lightly cooked. Totally hit the spot. I would go there again for that!
@Fangs thanks. I once counted the number of diets I’d been on, most of them successful - until they weren’t. My idea now is that I’ve had everything to eat that I wanted in my life, now I just want to stay healthy and satiated, and this is working for me. If it were to take a year or even more to finish my weight loss, but I was healthy, I wouldn’t care. Just want to be healthy and able to tolerate the summer heat in Texas!

Today was busy, morning taken up with driving to an Irish fiddle lesson I taught, then seared 3 chicken thighs left from yesterday to split with hubby before the grocery run. Just enough to take the edge off, then headed out. Got home around 4 and heated a macaroni thing for him, just sat down with an couple ounces of sharp cheddar after putting groceries away.
Great shopping trip to the army commissary! Got 4 rib eyes, priced well, and on sale, a tray of salmon and one of orange roughy! Large tray of chicken breasts but most for dog treats, I’ll make chicken tenders with some of it. Chicken gizzards and liver. There’s already beef liver. Put most of the chicken liver on the dehydrator for the puppy, tried one raw and it was good!
I’ve been buying a family sized bacon pkg and cooking and bagging the whole thing, so ate the rest of last week’s cold, to make room for the new one :wink:
Looking forward to this week! It’s been too long since we had a good steak.

(Linda ) #295

Spuds is just another name for potatoes

I haven’t applied sunscreen for the last two summers in Australia. I’m at the beach a lot. But I don’t do crazy all-day over exposure and I wear a hat (as our faces, pre-masks, were out in the world all the time). I find that being in nutritional ketosis, and taking Vitamin B3 nicotinamide, seems to mitigate sunburn. So, eating more fat as a proportion during summer might generate higher ketosis.

I wonder if sunscreens also impact on the conversion of cholesterol to active Vitamin D?

SPF is a number (Sun Protection Factor), it’s not a chemical ingredient. But it is derived from chemical ingredients.

Rib eye steaks the past two nights. Cooking them a bit rare, and that makes them more delicious. It’s a proper carnivore bear cave here with Mrs. Bear away. ZC is just so easy to prep, eat, clean up in the kitchen.

I googled, it’s a fish I never heard about it yet :smiley: Well, no wonder, we have no sea, very little an limited seafood and I see the names in Hungarian anyway (maybe Latin. English only has a chance if there is an English label and I focus on it).
So I have learned something again!

I don’t desire fish at all so I haven’t had any in ages.
It’s pork thigh roast time ~

For some reason, I have no problem with getting up at a sane time lately and I start with some cooking or baking as I am a moody zombie in the morning but I always can cook and it’s nice.
My pork slices covered with ham slices are already done, the bigger pieces need more time…

I kind of quit coffee. Not completely but very close and I want to get better at it soon. Today I tasted all the 3 brands I have. All tasted bad. Okay then. But I already had a lot of warm water at that point anyway. Tea isn’t as fun, it’s usually warm water, cold water and carbonated water.

It was 1.5kg pork thigh (a tad over 3 pounds) before I cut a little of it for some future scotch eggs or whatever I will need almost immediately (30mins isn’t much. my roasts easily take 2 hours and require a bigger amount of meat)… I am almost looking forward to the time when I get bored of my roasts as I will use almost a whole slab of meat to make many scotch eggs then. If I make the grinder and my hands dirty, I usually want more than 2! :wink: But 2 is nice for variety.
So, It lost 300g but I realized my soup needs more than the few bones from 2 turkey wings (I know that, I just forgot I wanted to make a soup) and I put 70g pork into it. It won’t be a big soup this time. it’s never REALLY big, only 4 liters or something, just for me. It lasts for a few days if I am careful. Soup is way too easy to eat galore, I always was good at it, it changed a bit but it’s almost just water… Nice, tasty water. I plan to make a proper pork soup with lots of meat one day but I always have other plans with my slab :smiley: Maybe one day I bring home 4kg and think, oh, why not to use it up all right away…? Well, most of it. I LOVE to have a little meat in the freezer to get out and fry up in need. Or make scotch eggs with it… Oh scotch eggs and us have the honeymoon phase and knowing Alvaro, it will never end for him. He can eat his favs very regularly forever. He does it with his fav dessert since a decade, maybe? 15-20 times a week. No boredom ever. If he needs something else, it’s that for him. Lucky guy. If I need something else, that’s not so easy. But I will make ham chips and try to use them :slight_smile:
And he has this - not so often though but like a few times a week - with other food. When I learned about eggs in purgatory in the food pic thread 1-2 years(?) ago, I made it often and I loved it. It was for the lower-meat times when I was a bit bored of meat and eggs as it’s a bit too plant-y even though Alvaro ate the majority of the tomato sauce. And then weeks and months passed and it’s not so fun anymore, nice plan for desperate times but I couldn’t eat it every week. Or second week. I don’t want it once per month… Alvaro surely could eat it every week forever. Or turkey roast. Or pork roast if it’s lean enough. As long as the weekly amount of meat isn’t too high for his tender sensibilities. He is fine now so I barely cooked this week :slight_smile: He just eats whatever I eat, with his almost no work carbs. And way less, of course. He expressed his lack of attachment to the awesome homemade smoked pork chuck I ate most of it so it’s all mine now… Well if I won’t touch it, he will but he doesn’t want it. Yay.

So. We have about 1200g pork, roasted. It’s enough for 2 days I guess, not more. As I barely have any other meat now and Alvaro helps to eat it as well.

My next roast should be pork chuck again. Or I can figure out what I can do with brisket if I can dig it out of the freezer, frozen meat packed tight is sometimes a challenge (that hungry me never lost but they still put up a good fight, I have most of them not in boxes and they try to melt into each other, good thing the plastic is a good separator. But the shape can pose a problem sometimes.

Thanks! SO MANY names for it, I know a few in Hungarian, some are slang peasants used and I learned them from my Grandma…
Potatoes have a great flavor and they are totally rubbish at satiating me… I feel bad for poor Irishmen (poor as financially extremely challenged in this time, well figuratively too) especially the ones who were like me. I often think about people who lived in another times or in other places or different environment and they had to live on a diet that wasn’t only not really great for their health but they couldn’t even get satiated… Horrible.
I always could get very well satiated on high-carb as I ate high protein and (probably VERY) high fat and overate like crazy… It had multiple big problems but at least I didn’t go hungry.
I feel so lucky I can choose my food now. It’s a huge thing. Very precious.

Sunscreen: I have one with a very high number, a tiny bottle. It lasts forever (well until it spoils. I don’t really care about those things, I am horrible at that) especially because I keep forgetting using it in the 1-2 times I would. When it’s finally hot and I can’t even walk in that heat BUT for some reason I still can cycle… And we go on long (for me) cycling tours in the sun and my skin is so very much not ready for it. It gets better as summer progresses but not much as I avoid sun almost like a stereotypical vampire. I love sunshine but only when it’s not summer (or if it’s summer but we had several days of rain). Well I like the look of it… It’s the best when it’s sunny when I take a photo of a nice scenery… While walking in the shadows.

That is me too. Many lose kinda fast ok but then it seems alot of us have those last darn 20 or so lbs we want gone and they don’t wanna go fast for me at all :slight_smile: But I loved what ya said cause I am the exact same…my last 15, I don’t care how long they take to leave, or if they even do, I eat so well on my plan and feel so great that it takes prirority over those last lbs LOL

Army Commissary, oh yea we shopped that all the time when younger with mom. I loved going on the base and Mom loved their stock in the store. We shopped in PA back in the day.

yes I bet you are finding it very easy for sure being carnivore on your own :slight_smile:

yea I mean, back in the day with life as it is one didn’t ‘play in the sun’ on jet skis, or surf all day and more, in that now we can be out in big sun for a long time, so some protection wouldn’t be a bad thing obviously and all that, but if one can not ‘fry themselves’ constantly and be careful in the sun I would think one could limit use on it. I mean I never use it, but I tan very easily and never burn, but if I know I am ALL day in the hottest sun yea I smooch on a little just in case :slight_smile:

--------------WOW this shorty trip went fast. Homeward bound this morning.

last night no all you can eat crab. hubby did wanna fish so we camped out on the beach with him catching some whiting and we enjoyed the sun and surf. Back to camper and I fried up 2 cheeseburger patties which was more than enough. I am in good zc form.

Not very hungry now. I think I am flipping more to eat less, which is usual for me in summer (hotter weather) and that is now finally coming but I did eat very well on this trip. I think the pork belly and ribs set me up in good shape so just didn’t want as much yesterday.

today will be some sausage patties before we hit the road, will eat a darn whatever fast food burger on the road and home to a nice big NY strip steak for later.

ZC ON! April seems to be flying by now :sunny:

(Judy Thompson) #299

@Shinita Orange Roughy is a mild white flaky fish, no bones in the filet, a delightful fish! I used to get it all the time but now it’s terribly expensive. I felt so lucky to find a tray of it yesterday in the “day old and rotten bin” lol. Especially nice that hubby’s not a fish fan so I’ll probably just give him a little piece to try and fix him something else. Macaroni, lol.

@Fangs yes in my limited understanding of Carni, just maintaining this woe will eventually normalize the body. So why rush it? My rule in diets is, only lose weight with a diet you’ll be happy eating for as long as you want to maintain the loss. If you can’t continue week long fasts forever, or eat cabbage soup every day from now on, or limit yourself to 700 calories a day, then don’t use that method to lose it or you’ll gain it back even quicker.
Believe me, I’m living proof, haha :joy:

Lastnight I got hungry and fixed ¼ lb natural sausage (no msg) and 2 eggs. I hadn’t been too hungry or eaten much during the day and hate being hungry during the night.
About 20 minutes ago I reheated the end of a meatloaf - hamburger and eggs - that I made last week. It was still good, with some Parmesan on top.
I’m attending a software training session for online teaching in an hour or so for the music store, then making chicken tenderloins for lunch.
Buying that vintage mandolin this afternoon, so excited! The mandolin is like a guitar version of a violin, same strings, so playing it is somewhat similar, and I’ll be able to double on it in the Texas gigs.

Oh a funny question - in a carnivore cookbook it said mushrooms are not a plant, they’re a fungus, so they were added to a recipe. What do y’all think about that?

I try not to be sad about the super low availability and variety of seafood here. I prefer my pork anyway. Still, it would be fun to experience this and that… Maybe when we can go on a holiday again…

Carnivore isn’t about not eating plants. it’s abouit eating animal products only.
So it may be anything, if it’s not in the animal kingdom… Or bacteria as good luck not to consume that :smiley: Then it’s not strictly carnivore.
Condiments and spices are okay for many people’s carnivore, I just say carnivore-ish and I am very safe, I add other tiny things anyway…
But mushrooms are out. One may eat it if it works but that’s not carnivore. Maybe as spice like garlic is used. A few grams on the meat. But mushroom with eggs as a dish, it’s not carnivore as it’s not animal based food.

I saw sweeteners used in “carnivore” recipes too. They still don’t belong even to my carnivore-ish though I am thinking about changing it as I can’t handle my food boredom problems without sweets (it would be just for emergencies). But I still am very resistant and keep trying to add “something else” in a different, better way. Hence my quark phase. Quark is nothing like eggs and meat so it helps. It’s even protein rich so surely satiating! I just can’t eat much of it without using sweeteners. So it’s just some tiny dessert all alone (or with sour cream but we run out of that). It does help.