All Animal April

zerocarb
carnivore

Just a quickie post before work. Re-discovered the egg pudding thing from Steak and Butter gal. That is a lifesaver. Add some butter, add a little Braggs aminos, and dinner is done. Love that.

Loaded up on chicken breasts at Aldi’s while we were moving our kid 500 miles away. Good thing we did that last week, because the news is that the meat/butter prices at Aldi’s are going up 20-50% beginning today. Article entitled “FOOD” is on Zerohedge.com for any that wish to read about it.

OKay. Gotta get ready for work. Still in my jammies. LOL!

oh wow that is rough on prices. I know they were holding lower but it hit them also…ugh

@Karen18
wow hope that will come down quick.
I watch me on crap for spf and more lotions etc but as I am zc I find the ‘burn less’ issue truly a blessing cause that is how it goes down for me but I was also one who can tan easily with no burn issues so…who we are and what effects us I guess :slight_smile:

12:30 and getting ravenous but my 4pm meal will be stellar,
just holding and waiting thru the rain to get to that restaurant and chow down HA more about boredom being confined but can hold the zc way :wink: but when I go chow down, oh yea, I might do pics if I don’t attack it too fast :scream_cat:

(Karen) #243

Get that camera at the ready to snap the foody pics!

I wish the burn wasn’t an issue. Just trying to keep my nails away from my face, I could tear the skin off. Didnt even get burnt, just a tad bit on the back of my neck buy that all as i was walking with the sun behind me. I wasn’t even putting the stuff on to stop sun burn as it isn’t a sun lotion. I believe, without going upstairs to look, its Olay moisturiser with an spf in it! But i found this in 2020 during lockdown when I was kept awake all night with the this happening to the back of my knees, in my elbow crease and my neck and under my chin with sun lotion. Found the only one that didn’t have this effect was the aloe Vera sun lotion I picked up in a charity shop! Funny because i have never had such sensitive skin prior to the lockdown… at least I can’t remember having ! :thinking::thinking::thinking: I have just had to pop upstairs to wash my face and when I looked in the mirror my face looked red raw! :astonished::astonished::astonished:

damn

but remember, people never needed spf til we were told we need it and IF ONE is more healed in our eating to put that health to our natural bodies then do we need ANY of that advertised crap?

point being, of course it is good to moisturized and protect with age since it is SO slammed on us to do so but most require this thru media AND unhealthy eating changes.

ya look so darn good K that keep life simple. Simpest products. Your body is in an ok ‘carnivore mode’ ya know so don’t go down the rabbit hole of ‘beauty/life changing needed products’ ya know route.

but damn I know me being a gal, I want all those potions too HAHA

but in the end, nah. cause in the end WHO are we and DO we really require it ‘as told’ we do?

this is just a chat on how I see things, you know, how I move forward and thoughts about me personally but again, just a chat :slight_smile: on it all

I guess one can say on zc my entire ‘life lock’ on have to buys has changed so dramatically that I am a whole new me on ‘life all’ kinda thing :sunny:

Poor @Karen18… Let’s get better asap!!! But the food photos are great.

I tasted my pork chuck (though I focused on other stuff today… I will make a photo of the smoked pork chuck before it disappears, we both enjoy it), it’s nice. It’s so good to eat pork chuck today, it’s my perfect meat. It gave me some lard this time, I collect it and use it sparingly. After some fattier meat lately I have enough for weeks at the moment. But I won’t need any for my next scrambled eggs as the smoker chuck is borderline too fatty so I eat the leaner (still fatty) parts raw and the fattier pieces in my eggs.

I try to go back to OMAD (if I can comfortably, of course), IDK why I can’t wait until hunger lately… But it was holiday and chill and relaxation, okay. I get stricter tomorrow, it’s the monthly fasting time soon anyway! I expect only OMAD.

(Karen) #246

Haha …I looked bloody awful. I sent a selfie to my daughter this morning and I did think I might post it on here then thought better of it cos it would have definitely put you all off ya carni food today :rofl::rofl::rofl: no word of a lie my face and eyes were so puffed up and red. I checked my face during the day when 8 washed it to get the itchiness out and my actual eyes look bleary as if the cream had got into them … what a mess! I wanted to get a bit of shopping done but didn’t dare go out!:

(Daisy) #247

@Karen18, I make a tallow balm that I moisturize with. Beef tallow, sweet almond oil (or any carrier oil) and Frankincense. That’s all that’s in it and it is legit the best moisturizer!

Today’s omad: raw beef suet, medium boiled eggs, a tiny bit of burger that was in my fridge, and a lamb steak. I also have some rashes from where I worked outside. Possibly poison oak on my left hand and a super bizarre mystery rash on my lower back. I’m super sensitive to most everything, so hard to say what it may be. Very itchy though!

@Karen18
yikes. sounds horrible. bet ya can’t wait til that dies down and goes away! are ya taking like Benadryl or some other type of allergy med to help?

@Ketodaisy
and you all itchy too getting into some poision oak!! a mystery rash? you probably scratched your back a bit and got that poison oak there too? Hope you heal up fast too!!

--------------beauty of a filet mignon out last night. very rare and it came out wonderful and so tender and paired it up with a scallop, shrimp and lump crab in wine creamy white sauce with shaved fresh parm on it. Yes I ate well and it was darn good and freakin’ pricey to boot…ugh.

eating in rv today, my wallet is scalded from that restaurant. defrosting burgers and some strip steaks. today is walk the beach, metal detect some, hubby to fish and just chill around the ocean and enjoy.

darn weather is cold tho but rain gone and sun out!..bleck.

enjoying trip in ZC style!

No photo yet, I just ate 5 eggs and am drinking one in my coffee… Still not an eggy phase so my scrambled eggs had smoked pork chuck (the fattiest pieces) and greek yogurt. I just tasted the chicken liver, it’s not particularly tempting anymore but for 1-2 extra bites it works (I have no leftover cooked meat to mix it with)… But finally jumped the pork chuck roast that I barely tasted yesterday.

So I had lunch with Alvaro around 3pm, I was already really hungry. It happens. I surely didn’t eat very much so I will have a probably early dinner as well. I try to make photos then.

It’s cold outside, barely went out (now it’s the time where the garden requires some attention and I do a little every day). I am so tired lately all the time but life got more exciting and I focus on things more, that always tire me out until I get used to it.

Alvaro bought another cute slab of pork thigh, now my freezer is full but I get out some turkey soon :smiley: So he can buy another… 1250 HUF/kg in the village shop, amazing. It’s a bit below $4/kg and it’s one of our favs! Oh it’s just one number… $1.7/pound unless the dollar/forint (our currency) relationship did something while I wasn’t looking. I am curious how it will go up in May. I expect a 50% raise at least but it really is quite cheap now… And so, so good and useful. A bit lean for scotch eggs I suppose but I won’t “sacrifice” my dear pricier chuck :smiley: Mincemeat can get enhanced but making a fine roast, that requires the right stuff! And chuck is the best for it. With or without turkey.

Okay I am probably very boring, it’s good it’s a carnivore thread. Normal people would be shocked and I totally use variety as I need it. But I could eat 1.5-2kg pork chuck/thigh roast, some turkey and 50-80 eggs a week forever I suppose.

here is my hubby getting ready to go surf fishing. his surf cart and him happy to fish in front of our RV. I am not going yet, too darn cold LOL but will go metal detect when that sun gets a tad warmer out there :slight_smile:

ahhh, just showing him and his surf buggy cause darn if this guy doesn’t love the heck out of surf fishing and is so proud of his ocean buggy HA

had to give him a shout out :sunny:

Okay I show you Pie then in her glamour shot… (I started to get out her stiches, 3 is done, I think 3 is left.)

That is my best, warmest, fluffiest blanket. It depicts 3 cats on the other side.

@Karen - hoping that doggone itchiness goes away! Geez! Your eats look fabulous, though! Maybe try rubbing a bit of olive oil or coconut oil on the affected area? ( I actually started using olive oil instead of any manufactured skin creams…love it!)

@Fangs - Tis the season for fishing! Our farm and most of the road was/is completely flooded. There have been years when the flooding has been so incredible - there are Northern Pike swimming down the road rather than in the river! My youngest son used to catch them with his bare hands. All that water and nutrients makes the hay so rich in the flooded areas.

Eats have been plain but good. Found some carnivore tortillas at Aldi’s. Made from egg whites. They stuck together, but once they were peeled apart, they made a lovely roll-up with sliced turkey and butter. I’ve got some ground beef thawing for a lunch/dinner thing. Just had 3 soft boiled eggs and some bacon. I work 1-10 today, so will probably skip dinner, or just have a couple cheese sticks.

Well, gotta feed the turkeys, chickens and hubby. So off we go. Have a most blessed day, all!

(Robin) #253

Quite a get up! What guy wouldn’t be beaming?!

(Karen) #254

Well thats a new one one me. I will have to look in to Tallow. I have a number of intense oils as I made lots of concoctions during lockdown.thanks for the suggestion.

(Karen) #255

I picked up some anti hist tabs today. I have taken 9ne tonight so we’ll see if it takes effect. Last time 8 did this I just waited for it to subside and swore id never do it again lol

(Karen) #256

Never heard of surf fishing, I am seeing him on a surf board under big waves with his fishing rod … I’m guessing that’s not how it works lol. Great photo

(Shawn Patrick Malone) #257

Is that by chance the KOA on the OBX? If not looks just like it. I try and hit it up once or twice a year.

(Daisy) #258

Today’s omad: ribeye, raw beef suet, soft boiled eggs, and bacon. I got the bacon and ribeye today when I was running errands and I think the bacon has sugar in it. I’ll let my family enjoy the rest of that bacon, it’s got my tummy soured. But I found a lot of really good manager specials while I was out today! I got a TON of bison patties for $2.99 each at Kroger. This is also where I bought the bacon. At Food Lion, I got a cart full of beef: a ribeye, a few New York strips, chuck steaks, stew meat, short and flanken ribs, and sirloins. All looked great and marked down to very acceptable prices! So my freezer is once again overflowing :joy: (just the way I like it).

(Robin) #259

Ooof… That bacon.

(Kirk Wolak) #260

Okay, I haven’t been chiming in much… The last 2 years were tough.
Stress in my work hit me really hard, and stress alone can drive my glucose.
It wrecks my sleep, and then I start faltering.

I’ve gained 50 lbs since August. 20 since Jan alone.
I’ve been primarily carnivore. But I let diet soda in, etc. etc.
I’ve LITERALLY been over-eating meat in reaction to stress. 3lbs of hamburger patties in a day, sometimes in a meal.

So, April was taxes, and I promised myself after the 15th, I was done. Back 100% to what worked in the past.

Even after 2 weeks without soda, just drinking water and ONE cup of coffee (no cream, 3-4 drops of monkfruit), my weight wasn’t budging (this was the beginning of April through the 15th).

So, I cut out the coffee. And I started fasting. My morning Glucose was 115 and ketones 0.3 (eating carnivore), but I was having a tough time trying to eat LESS or eat OMAD with the stress…

Saturday, Sunday, I was able to fast. Monday I FELT like I could continue, but my BP dropped to 90/65 and I felt “off”, so I ate 3 Cans of Sardines (About 700 Calories).

Now, after 1 day of fasting, My glucose was 115 and ketones were 0.9… this is crazy low ketones… But worse… I had barely budged 1 lb.

After the second day of fasting, I was: 101 and 2.1 (WOW)
This was Monday, I FELT like I could continue, but my BP dropped to 90/65 and I felt “off”, so I ate 3 Cans of Sardines (About 700 Calories).

I forced myself to be busy after that SMALL meal (I am weighing 242 today, was 250, goal is 190).

It worked, I closed out Monday with no more food, and I walked 5 miles.
I walked 5 miles today, and I woke up with GREAT numbers.

78 Glucose and 4.0 ketones (morning), later 74 and 4.7 (I was able to keep fasting)
I walked 5 Miles. And I prepped my food for tomorrow (A Decent Sized Meal of Short Ribs)

Sticking with Just water. So this is Carnivore, but with more fasting.
I find I TRULY STRUGGLE LESS with fewer meals. It is easier for me to fast, than it is to eat, because once I eat, even meat. Even when I add butter/fat… It seems to just open my appetite.

So, I am going to FORCIBLY reduce my calories. (Last Friday I had a Ribeye and an 8 oz Filet), and that was after a lb of burger patties for breakfast, and 2 big hot dogs for lunch. Way too much food.

My old jam has been eating on MWF… Fasting the rest. I am going to go back there for a while, AND I am going to also REDUCE my portion sizes (more little by little)…

I know that smaller portions allow me to lose weight, and stay in ketosis. My body is really good at converting meat to glucose to fuel my brain for my work…

And RIGHT NOW, I actually feel REALLY GOOD. I can feel the OLD me coming back.
The cravings are not there, the hunger pangs come/go.

I have dinner plans with a dear friend on friday (Prime Rib)… So, Short Ribs Tomorrow.
And fast Thursday, Prime Rib Friday. Fasting for the weekend.

If I do this well… I should see the ketones higher, and the weight start moving in the right direction.

As always, I will be careful to monitor how I am doing. I can always break my fast with something reasonable (like sardines).

Anyways, I am posting this to be more accountable.
I spiraled harder/farther than I really thought I would.
I am embarrassed by how much weight I gained, and how quickly.
I am saddened that just eating meat until I was full didn’t work…
But I am tired of feeling sorry for myself.

So, I am getting busy with this.
Wish me luck!