All Animal April

zerocarb
carnivore

(Judy Thompson) #221

Well, the BBQ was fun and good to see old friends but the BBQ meat was overcooked and seasoned. They had some pork butt that was plain enough but overcooked, so I had a little and when we got home I cooked a lb of bacon and mixed hamburger with 2 eggs and fried that. A good little meal to round things out.
Tomorrow, Cheesecake Factory for my daughter’s birthday. Who knows what will catch my fancy on that menu? Luckily there’s plenty more of the bacon and meatloaf when we get home, if it doesn’t work out.
@FrankoBear you’re in your safe zone now! And as @robintemplin says, your woe is now so strong in you that your body will always respond to everything you do. Hoping for a quick recovery for you!
@Karen18 love the look of those pine cones in those plants! Who’da thunk it?? Just beautiful!
As I told someone at the picnic today, in the last 69 years I’ve eaten just about everything I wanted, there’s nothing new I need. For the next 20 years or so I think meat and eggs will be plenty for me!

My body has its opinions too but it’s still very indulgent :smiley: I probably prefer it this way. It’s better to want and desire the right things to begin with. I am not fully there, well mostly but accidents happen… But I am pretty okay. As long as I have a proper variety… Okay, still don’t know how long I could last… But pretty long I suppose? And I really don’t understand people who already went keto and stuff and then go off (with some insanely carby old stuff, of course, not with a little pea or something) and can’t come back. I don’t understand people who use sugary comfort food after their body tried and liked low-carb. If I try some still tasty sugary/fatty sweets, my body and mind doesn’t feel comforted at all.

Some smoked mackerel, on the other hand, oh that was great! :smiley: It was on sale, still kind of expensive {I didn’t sleep well. now I see it’s pretty cheap for smoked non-pork stuff or even just for some proper fish} but not really considering it’s smoked mackerel!!! Fish is usually tasteless and 100g is nothing, just a few quick bites to me but I always loved mackerel especially when something was done to it (I don’t even remember eating it plain). It was smoked and insanely peppered, still good but the pepper seriously overpowered the fish. And it still showed its tastiness! My share was 50g and I ate from it twice and still have some. Okay, still a few bites but a little is so nice with something that dilutes the pepper flavor… And anyway, it’s very, very flavorful, I don’t eat it alone. Very nice, it was worth the $.8 :smiley: One can’t get a proper table of chocolate for that and this is much better. And I always liked chocolate (carnivore brought a drastic change but I still consider it tasty, it just lost almost the entirety of its pull and charm). But I have priorities. And ate my share of chocolate in my life while I ate way too little good fish… Of course they aren’t comparable as I always want food when hungry, not sweets, I always had that, I ate sweets in the end of my meals. Now I need to eat fatty protein there.
But I can mention a not so big piece of cucumber too, my favorite target, it’s the leader of the “doesn’t worth the price” club even though there are worse things (things that harms you and potentially others, bad drugs or cigarettes. I mean, coffee is a drug too and that’s not soooo bad :smiley: maybe doesn’t worth it but I drink it so weak…).

So I am impressed and will search for that stuff, preferably in another flavor, the pepper really was too much. Still good but would be better without…

Try not to talk about non-carni stuff but it’s not always easy.

I don’t have this completely but definitely can relate, I often think and feel so myself. Especially when people can’t imagine not a huge sacrifice not to eat all kind of stuff all the time… I don’t think I would feel free at all if I felt so very much compelled to chomp on everything I see and consider even remotely nice tasting…
I like to be completely free to eat whatever I want while wanting mostly the right things, much better. I don’t sacrifice health and well-being… I get plenty of joy from almost all my food… Food joy + feeling right + doing okay to my health is more hedonistic than food joy and feeling less right and who knows what to do to my health eventually. I plan to live (preferably way) beyond 120, I can’t play with these things irresponsibly but my body already nudges me anyway.

But I can add tiny things anyway without much harm and I definitely don’t need more.

And then people call keto very restrictive. Keto is too lax to me. Okay, I go off but I still don’t feel I need it, just circumstances and mysteries and me not caring sometimes… I am working on it. But I really need a way stricter woe most of the time than just keto. I think. It seems so. Or I just can’t do a more relaxed keto without messing things up.

(Karen) #223

Thank you the pine cones eventually mulch down and provide some good nutrients for the plants. You can break them down a bit first but I like them as they are cos they look pretty and I don’t mind waiting for them to break down. I got my garden table and chair set out of their packaging first thing this morning. I bought them either last summer or the one before ready for when I eventually got the garden overhauled. Very satisfying to be able to put them out. I need to get my porcelain Cup and saucer out though cos its very twee. Piggy mug just doesn’t look right somehow… colour looks okay with it tho hahaa.

I weather is changing tomorrow so it will probably get packed away till the next bout of good weather comes along.

Judy do you ever google the menus of the places you’re visiting before you go? Whenever my daughter and I take my son out she will always Google cafes for their menus so we can see if there is anything we can eat. If there isn’t anywhere with a decent menu for us we will always do a little pack up of hard boiled eggs or the like to tied us over till we get home. My son will eat just about anything, even if it is just cakes and pastries. He just likes food full stop and we don’t restrict him as he has few 0leasures in life bless him.

@FrankoBear
nice thing is that when we eat more junky and try to go back, those darn foods show us real fast is ain’t smart to go back unless we wanna feel icky.

It takes time. When one heals a bit and feels so much healthier we all wanna try to ‘tiptoe’ back a bit, for an event or whatever social thing, but in the end, it is something so many of us try and it is a normal thing.

before anything goes in my mouth-----what I say to me is how am I going to feel after. That is something I trained my brain to do now and it saved me alot of backslide grief thru the years :slight_smile:

since we are gone next wk and leaving kiddo alone, I took her shopping and she bought some fancy breads. Just looked so darn delish ya know, sourdough and asiago artisan breads to make panini sandwiches etc when alone and darn if I didn’t truly wanna toast up a piece of each and eat but I said to myself…what will 2 slices of fancy azz bread get ya? total misergy to come LOL (well for me, cause that could have started a binge for me since I am that type and I know the bloating and more would come which I don’t enjoy so) …we all make daily decisions to this or that to each of us to help us or make us pay the piper a bit so…My thinking has changed alot. I used to feel very ‘controlled and deprived’ back in the day but now I can say one thing to myself…do I want to allow that food? 100% of the time the answer is NO cause I realized I have the control.

now this might not be you in trying not to have an eating day off kinda thing, you might have said I allow this and will pay and get thru it and just move on. which is cool if you can do that :slight_smile: but if you didn’t want to do this ‘fall back’ then you have to start the mindset change to help fight against that.

we can’t always be in our bubble at our homes or our own cooking and more so we have to learn to truly live zc every day of our lives out in the read world.

ok enough chat on it, I probably over chatted the whole thing to ya HAHA but just thoughts that come to mind :slight_smile:

-------------------SO TODAY I leave on my beach trip. 1 wk. in our rv, steps from the ocean. leaving my kid and dog home for this trip. nice she is old enough now to do just that and wants to stay home and chill.

I got rv packed with burgers, sausage, steaks, chicken and pork. I truly got ME covered :slight_smile:

so off we go in a bit and will post the next days when I get a chance. I saw all day rain for tomorrow at the ocean but luckily, even tho temps are not warm enough to swim and boogie board my day away, I will be metal detecting and enjoying the vacay anyway. Early trips to ocean mean those temps aren’t as super hot as I want them but it will be SO nice to get away.

So chat up when I can and everyone hold ZC strong!!!)

Everything is so pretty, even the sun was sooo cooperative :smiley: Well it often does. Here, at least. It must be different in the UK :smiley: Once someone from the UK was very sure that someone from Hawaii altered the colors of the scene, oh good old times when I visited photographer sites… I should do that again. There were some awesome photos (I remember windmills in the snow…? I think in the snow. but they were windmills. and a creative photographer. whenever I make a photo or see a great one, I realize it’s up to the artist SO MUCH even in the case of photos) and I like to learn…

I like pine cones myself. I can collect any amount of them in different sizes, a big part of the trees around here are pines (and I live among forests, basically. but the “street” has zillions of them too). The ones in the wildlife park are sick but there are many pretty ones still!

My leaner and fattier pork is roasting, chicken liver is frying… And the smoked pork chuck and the last bite of smoked mackerel is just sitting in the fridge. Life is good food wise.

I just happen not to want eggs now, Easter or not. Just a few, of course I don’t skip them but I ate many eggs lately. But there was a nice cheese on sale so I am a tad heavier with it now. It feels very, very nice. I couldn’t eat a significant amount of cheese every day but it’s very useful when I am not into eggs. Even then, it’s better not Gouda, that’s Alvaro’s usual, boring cheese. Not bad but meh, I prefer others. (And I saw no good sales on Masdaam. Oh well, I can wait. I could live a year without cheese, actually, had to do something else for variety in need though - but it never helps much with calories anyway as I eat so little of it except very rare occasions.)

By the way, Happy Easter! Erm I used a very very very restricted online site for this thing and I had only 40 minutes, I am aware of the huge flaws of it (and can’t draw anyway, it’s a copy though, mostly and I was pretty good at it ages ago and still am good. using a proper program and lots of time, at least) but the chick is still cute… :smiley:

chick_cut2

Disappointment? Unless they have lots of eggs. Breads usually don’t. Inferior things.
And I am serious, I truly feel eggless breads lacking. Maybe not ONE kind I bought in a specific supermarket years ago (very rarely, I was pretty low-carb even then so it was a very rare treat on my wildest city visiting off days when I already tasted Alvaro’s Mom baking or something… let’s forget all the times when I just had some very meh bread out of desperation… yeah, I learned I should pack my own food, I just forget sometimes. or think oh I come home soon enough. that’s dangerous. and the bread isn’t good just exists, logically a bad idea but tell that to my inner selves when hunger knock out my hedonist self and the rebellious one gets the rein. I need to BE good enough for such things not to happen. all the time. my whole self should be like that so I needn’t to depend on sanity and logic and true hedonism), I don’t know, I didn’t try that since ages. But my own wheat bread for Alvaro may be nice, it’s so, so lacking without eggs. I made it with eggs and less flour before so I know. But Alvaro prefers it eggless. Oh well, I have my sponge cake breads.

(Karen) #226

@Shinita yes the sun was so lovely this morning. It is a bit hazy now but it is 20 past 4 in the afternoon. I am sitting outside at the bottom of the garden in the smaller patio and is is nice down here as I don’t get everyone’s conversations. Noy that it is quiet by any means, I live of a main road so I here traffic and I have a pub opposite and can hear some people sometimes, there is someone mowing their lawn a few gardens down from me and both my neighbours have mowed theirs too, one yesterday and one this morning. I could smell the petrol too, from his mower . But I do like where I am and like to know there are people around. My mum and dad used to live in a small village that was so so quiet and there were just a few gaslights on her road so very dark and it felt isolated to me.

Flowers are all blooming so nicely and I can’t get over how quick its all growing. I can’t think why I am so surprised as the ivy, brambles and grass only took a couple of days of sunshine and showers before it was suddenly uncontrollable!

After putting up my little patio set I decided I would walk up to where my daughter and I found the pine cones yesterday and collect some more. There was also an old branch on the ground outside a school on the way over that I wanted to grab for the garden so I went with my trolley, remembering those cones ended up quite heavy to carry and ended up walking a lot further than I had planned. The cones were quite close to the tow path so I ended up walking along the canal and up to the big river and through the nature reserve. I was out about 2.45 hrs. I was ready for a late brunch when I got home. All I could think on the way round was how this walking was going to get my appetite going. A little over 8 miles which surprised me, I guessed about 5 but I did stop and chat to some folks 9n the way round. They all seemed bemused by the wood sticking out of my trolley. I bumped into 2 of our CrossFit girls out for a run so chatted to them briefly, a couple of senior ladies and a family that had got lost … I nearly said don’t ask me im lost too as I had somehow managed to miss 2 side paths that would have got me back home sooner! Thats the trouble when you walk round in opposite direction to what you’re used to. I was walking anti clockwise, it does funny stuff to ya head lol… the sun shone all the way and I may have a little bit of a red neck now!

Lots of Herons out fishing and lots of swans, geese and ducks flying over to the river banks. Also the air was awash with birdsong. Beautiful.

So was I the bag lady or the trolley dolly? Me thinks the bag lady​:laughing::laughing:

Brunch lamb chops followed by a small bit of leftover corned beef from last night , think I needed the salt.

(Linda ) #227

Happy Easter guys…enjoy your vacation Fangs lovely pics Karen, cute pic shanita

I can’t even imagine living in a village anymore, all that people nearby!!! I like seeing zillion trees before I see a human :slight_smile:

I see a blue heron sometimes but it’s rare! We mostly have egrets but I haven’t seen them this year yet. The swans and ducks are always on the pond and I heard frogs too! In the little pond that gets water from the big pond just right next to it, it exists again since the drought came to an end.

I had a sleepy day and stressful tired previous ones and I just realized the garden became so very pretty again… I think this is the most we can get in spring as the sour cherries, cherries, pears and normal plums all are in bloom right now. I see about 10 prettily blooming own trees from my window (and many from the neighbourhood. there are lots of pear trees there, just no humans). All of these have white flowers so the garden is very white now. And green and yellow too due to golden chain trees and the last daffodils. The upper pear tree that had no fruit last year (or maybe 1) is blooming now but it has dried branches. They do this, I cut out so many trees since coming here and many big branches due to various reasons (some trees had branches hanging way lower than the ground level of their trunks… elevation is serious around those) but it’s usually drying.

My roast is done and good, only tasted the leaner cut, I was afraid the lean slices dried out but nope, they were just fine. Alvaro enjoyed some too. I ate more cheese than maybe in years… Yum.

(Karen) #229

Had a rump steak about 6.45pm maybe a little later, also a tin of tuna and just had 2 hard boiled eggs. Think i was feeling a bit peckish not sure I have stopped yet. May eat the last hard boiled egg!

(Daisy) #230

We had a breakfast at church after sunrise service . I was going to try some other casseroles, but once I dipped a tiny spoonful on my plate, realized they weren’t carnivore and didn’t even taste them. I made my own though and it was just egg, bacon, cheese, butter and salt. I also brought my own bacon and soft boiled eggs from home :joy:. Glad I did, because I got two small servings of my casserole before it was gone and there was nothing else there I could have eaten. Debated trying to make that my only meal, but decided to have dinner with my family, even though we didn’t eat the same food. I made them ham, mashed potatoes, corn and a roll, but I ate a filet, bacon and soft/medium boiled eggs. It was super tasty and I’m so glad I didn’t eat the ham, it just doesn’t make me feel optimal! Heading outside to spend the rest of the evening with my family.

so had sausage and a burger before hitting the road and drove here to beach and did fine, ate some chicken I cooked earlier.

went out to dinner tonight, oh so tired after drive etc and I didn’t wanna but hubby wanted to go LOL

2 thick cut pork chops. 1 was not cooked. raw near and at bone, sent back…still came back raw, sent back, came back STILL not done —omg—came out PERFECT on 4th try for it :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I have to say taste was fab on these chops, just that hubby ate 80% of his meal done by the time my chop got finished 4th time to the kitchen.

oh well, a steak I woulda hounded it down. I ain’t doing raw pork, not me…weeee…

so trip starting interesting!!

Happy Easter everyone who is celebrating.

oh and said no taters etc on plate, nothing on plate but chops…came with lettuce and a honking big slice of 'mater…ugh HA----why do they feel they have to ‘eye candy’ a plate…straight into the garbage went that crap on my plate. horrible how much food is just trashed for no reason at all…oh well

(Judy Thompson) #232

@Karen18 I do check menus online but remember, I’m pretty new at this and these are restaurants I thought I knew! Then get there and find maybe 1 or 2 possibilities.
I usually say oh well, there’s better food at home, eat what I can and don’t worry.
Best thing is the lack of uncontrollable appetite on this woe.
I love that you can use pine cones as an attractive, free mulch!

We went to Cheesecake factory today for DD’s 36th birthday. I was happy to see they offered the option to design your own omelet. I got one with sausage, bacon and cheddar. Potatoes and bagel went on the side, my daughter ate some of the taters but the hard bagel was sacrificed. (Hubby wouldn’t eat the taters due to onions.)
There was garlic in the omelet, Eww! I’m so over that stuff - but after a few bites it was okay.
It seems it would be rare to eat in a restaurant and not get at least a little of something you wouldn’t have chosen. I like that you brought boiled eggs etc to tide you over. My friend at the picnic yesterday said, I eat before I come, then just socialize.
At any rate, something small and as pure as possible is the best policy imo. Then like @Fangs said, avoid anything that could trigger a binge.

So that omelet was filling and not so bad. I had coffee while they all had signature desserts. Drank maybe half.

At home I stuck the puppy in the car and went to the dog park, played there and walked through the park, then home again.

Tonight I had some of the meat loaf and bacon from yesterday, sprinkled with Parmesan. Hit the spot, dodged another bullet today! Darn restaurants.

It takes about 3 days for me to recover from a dietary indiscretion. That’s about the same length of hangover I get if I drink too much alcohol. And if I don’t drink enough alcohol then I’m at risk of heart problems with atrial fibrillation. So, I don’t drink alcohol.

I’m just going to write this wrong. We went to a football match. A big event for my nephew and his cousin visiting from England. The other two uncles drank beer. They all had fries and hotdogs. I had a bottle of water. It was a tremendously fun event. I was high on happy hormones and family bonding.

We got home. The other brothers-in-law wives are Mrs. Bear’s 2 older sisters. They take after their Sicilian mother… the men are home (and drunk) they must be fed. The platters came out and salads. I was hungry. The day had been OMAD with a 4 egg cheesy omelette in the afternoon. I thought it would carry me through. So, I chose barbecue sausages, sliced chicken breast and some green salad. It was all low-fat Mediterranean style. There was olive oil and balsamic vinegar in bowls, but that was for crusty dipping. Really, there was just not enough fat. I was thankful there was ‘meat’ at all, as it was Good Friday. I was left feeling hungry. I ate some Greek salad made up of tomatoes and cucumber. Tomatoes are not a good choice for joint pain. They were all drinking expensive red wine. I drank sparkling mineral water.

I thought the trial had ended. Then my niece appeared with a platter, as big as any salad bowl, that was full of expensive, exotic chocolates. It was Easter, I tried one. It was amazing. My saviour was that the chocolates were so rich and well made that they rapidly made me nauseous. I had a midnight Italian coffee, and then, after dropping off drunk in-laws at their accommodation, to bed at 2am for poor sleep. It was an evening of extremes. Fabulous family gathering and a ZC hell. A nice shake up.

And I paid for it.

But… But why?
I never even heard about omelet with garlic before… It’s not a thing, at least I don’t know about it…

I usually skip the garlic from the things where they traditionally belong too :stuck_out_tongue:
I don’t miss it. Sometimes I wonder why people add zillion spices to already tasty things. I can understand some, especially for scrambled eggs as they can get boring after a time (if we eat a big one for each and every meal for weeks… okay, some people get bored of it easier, occasionally even me) but I see meat dishes with so many stuff in them…
But I don’t even understand why to marinade meats so…

Still don’t understand the garlic in omelets. Maybe if it’s a spinach omelet but normally…?

It’s sad you can’t eat properly in restaurants. Why is it that hard to serve some tasty food plain…? No idea.
When I will check out the steakhouse with the promising menu, I will write such a long review :smiley: I hope for the best but I am a very optimistic person. And some decorative carb can go to Alvaro’s plate anyway.

(Karen) #235

I think the marinating meats comes from tenderising tougher cuts of meat. Marinate it over night and it will not be so tough when cooked. Of course following in from that peeps just like to add marinade to everything. I guess it disguises cheap tasteless meats. I wouldn’t go all out to add a marinade but sometimes when I buy my pork chops from lidl they have already been ‘done’ and I don’t mind getting those particular ones because there isn’t all the juice or sauce left over them in the package and I can taste a difference in the tenderness to those without. I just wont buy anything that is smothered in marinade sauce or juice as I know I am not going to like it.

My pork is always tender, it’s pork… And even the cheapest one is very tasty to me now (I don’t understand, I remember finding all meat not from the best source tasteless… I never bought meat back then so IDK what kind of meat that was but I just buy anything from the shop and it’s good…).
I understand things to some extent and you may be right with the tenderness, I have no idea about such things, I simply cook/roast the hell out of things and it will become great… Usually tender but some meat is great because they are a bit chewy :smiley: Like heart. Still easy to eat but it’s NOT soft and it would be very odd to be that…

But I am not against spices, obviously as I make dishes with spices here and there for variety and it can be nostalgic too… But marinades and sauces and whatnots everywhere and one may contain zillion different spices (I get spice mixes, they have their role but I never liked recipes with a super long ingredients list especially if they were so varied I would worry that they just interfere with each other. the only super spicy thing I make is deviled eggs, I basically put all my spices into it. well almost. I am not sure what am I doing, making deviled eggs is always a bit confusing - the traditional ones, I mean, not my carni ones)… And I just find a pork roast absolutely perfect using only salt.
Even my stews don’t contain zillion spices, just paprika (and onion. in the amount we use it, it’s spice :smiley: egg stew originally has tomato - even normal Hungarian stews often has it but we never use that - but it’s optional if you ask me. not if you ask Alvaro). Our goulash is simple too :wink: I looked at a recipe, so much needless extra… I don’t even ever remember tasting garlic in it ever and I ate it quite a few times in different places in my life… It already is quite carby and vegetable filled in its simple form, adding even more wouldn’t do it any good. I always preferred when a goulash was meat heavy. For a goulash. Only normal stews can be mostly meat, goulash has its defining carby vegs… It’s still great and more special than a mere stew… Sigh. Oh well, I can handle it sometimes, it’s a very rare thing in this household :slight_smile: I eat worse things way more often :frowning: So, even when there are so many obligate vegs, the very basic paprika and tasty meat, people feel the need to add other spices. I don’t think it’s necessary but each to their own.

I never would have quessed any place would put garlic in an omelet. I gotta say, that would be sent back by me LOL that is a strange add to a regular breakfast thing ya know :slight_smile: you are lucky you could handle it, I know garlic in an omelet taste woulda had me saying nope, no way HA
Say happy Bday to your DD for me!! Happy you had a great time tho!
My daughter turned 17 on April 15th. April birthday babies!!

@FrankoBear
I feel ya on ‘these fun times’ and ‘exotic and exuberant’ things.
But as much as the ICK is gonna get your body and some days of feeling a tad lousey, you are showing a pattern. Another day of crap eating. What will be the next excuse? In a few days more junk is gonna appear thru some usual life event and then if you allow more you are gonna start into that backslide. NOW THAT is me but I see a thing happening with you. I backslide very fast and thing is it is a freaking sneaky thing til it ain’t, ya know. These are my fears and issues tho ya know, I just get scared sometimes even reading about others for myself. yea crazy tho I know.

Plus, yea, eggs won’t ever hold like meat. If you have any event, your morning should be a big ol’ steak before setting off into the world cause you need that food anchor that can get ya thru the day if you can only find smaller zc stuff like the sausages and chicken but remember too, you could have ate 2-3 hotdogs, just take them out of the bun :slight_smile: Any zc food in time of a pinch!!

but I guess what I am fearing is myself in writing how you went off zc a tiny bit ya know. I ‘so feel’ me in what you wrote but for me, when I start an ‘eating off pattern’ of zc I snowball fast back and it is always harder than ever to get back on the carnivore train for me. So yea this is my fears projecting on you probably HAHA

yea the booze is a toughie in that I can easily say hell no to the food, my biggest issue is when people are ‘partying’ I wanna do it right along with them but I can’t anymore, my age just naturally took me to drinking darn near nothing anymore and when I do drink, yikes I feel it so real on being a carnivore body ya know.

I ordered a lite beer at dinner with my pork chops last night. Drank about 1/2…could not finish, taste was just NOT like the old days, gave it to hubby to polish off. Beer just is out of my life so I kinda feel happy about that, something that truly isn’t a draw anymore for me. Now my rum, when I want it, hmmm LOL

Your posted pic is super fuzzy?

BIG BIG MASSIVE storm over us at the beach. In RV watching it blow and rain sideways and seeing some people’s chairs blown over and all. Kinda sleepy boring day. We might head out for a bit of sightsee type thing to get out of the rv later, but who knows, today might be tv and sleep and goofing off til the rain lets up but tomorrow promises sun and good weather. Will go metal detecting! Hopefully storm washed up some spanish gold on the coast, yea right HA

thinking sausage and chicken later to eat. got some steaks defrosting for later. all good zc but there is a breakfast place and hubby might wanna put in an order and pickup so IF I GET a bacon cheese omelet it better not have garlic in it LOL

gonna so survive the big storm!! ugh, roads are flooding and our campsite is flooding some now. PIA

opened the door and took pic from my RV…yea it is icky out there :slight_smile:

IMG_2089

(Edith) #238

I like how the pots look with the pinecones. I will have to copy that. :grinning:

(Edith) #239

Well, at least it was fabulous!!

(Karen) #240

Oh woe is me woe being the proper word lol yesterday just prior to going off for my unintentional very long walk I put a load of moisturiser on cos 8 though my skin look a bit dry … wrong move … picked the one with SPF in it and I’m sure i have mentioned before last summer when I had allergic reaction to SPF. All night the skin around my eyes was getting more and more itchy and of course I was rubbing and scratching and putting cold flannels on all through the night. Very broken nights sleep :roll_eyes: this morning I awoke with my eyes so puffed up and looking like I had been sobbing all night! I have been soothing it all day with aftersun as it seems to be the only thing that has helped a bit. Its still raw and probably be like this for a couple more days. Dreading trying to sleep tonight!

Just been resting up today but i did put another bird feeder up and tethered the 2nd greenhouse… I found a way lol. Not as hot today but the sun was shining and that was the main thing…

Brunch was about 1130am, 4 pork chops. Was only going to have 2 but they were nice and I just felt that I should eat the 2nd 2 left in the pack.:slightly_smiling_face:
Dinner about 4pm 500g minced lamb, pan fried. Nice.no photo for that… must have eaten it too quickly :laughing:

@Fangs hope your weather improves, it looks pretty rough!

@VirginiaEdie thank you, I am very happy with the cones and copy away all you like. Its always nice to share ideas.