Alcohol has very weird characteristics !?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

So i had always thought that anything that could be digested, could be broken down into one of three groups; carbohydrates, proteins, or fats. Then, when looking into what kind of alcohol to use for vanilla extraction, I read that a serving of vodka would have zero carbs, zero proteins, and zero fats… Yet to my surprise, it had like 70 calories ??? Really ? So then is alcohol like a whole other food group ? (JK) but really, is their anything else on the planet that has calories, but zero carbs, proteins, or fats ?

I wouldn’t drink alcohol anyway… Maybe a tiny bit in my vanilla extract. But I was just really surprised to learn this about alcohol. Your thoughts ?

(Tom Seest) #2

Not sure if you watched or listened to this episode, but it may help you understand the subject a little better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow0RRIohPaI

I believe a gram of alcohol has 7 calories.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

According to the USDA food composition database, one fluid ounce of vodka contains 64 calories. A shot glass holds generally between 1.25 and 1.5 fluid ounces. These are U.S. measurements.