Air Fryer - Anyone have recommendations on which one to buy?

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

I am considering getting an air fryer. I have a very old toaster oven that really should go away. I would like one that can do dehydration function as well. Plus I think the footprint on them is smaller than the old toaster oven’s.

Anyone got a model they love? And online sources of recipes for them would be totally awesome.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

My sister seems to think highly of our Gourmia.

I’ve never used it; it’s even more complicated than the toaster oven was, and I never managed to master the toaster oven.

(Robin) #3

I love my COSORI. It’s all icons you push. My friend however recently bought a new one that just has dial controls. Zi prefer hers. Just simpler. Cooking is the same.
Plus, Cosori is reviewed and rated as one of the best in a reasonable price range.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

The toaster oven really has to go. Not sure I want another one of those. Thanks for your input.

I will check that brand out. Thanks for the info.

I’m also looking to experiment with one but based in UK so if anyone has any input I’d appreciate it.

Looking at a Ninja but it’s expensive!

(Wendy) #6

I have the Ninja 7-1 like the 1 above. I got it on Amazon also. But it is a refurbished one. Was half the price. And you wouldn’t know it was refurbished. Works awesome!!! We are looking into the Ninja 10-1 XL pro, the bigger one now.

I got a lemon of a Cosori. So glad I bought at Amazon so I got full return $ without a hassle. Ninjas have a good rep.

(Wendy) #8

I got one for my son a few yrs ago. He loves it. So when we were ready to get one. That’s what we choose. He’s my tester for different things.
Now my husband wonders why we waited so long to get one.

I have a ninja and love it. After running out of propane for our grill outside I stumbled onto something that’s been a game changer. Marinate beef sirloin tip steak (mine comes in 1-2” by 8” cuts) in a little bit of olive oil and steak seasoning. Cook in the ninja for 10 minutes at 390*. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice thin against the grain. Magical (rare/medium rare). Even better warmed up in the microwave the next day at 45 seconds after slicing cold slab into thin strips again. I also make sure any juices at the bottom of the ninja don’t go to waste. Super super easy. Haven’t used the grill in a month….

(Allie) #10

Just get a halogen oven as they’re the same thing but bigger and cheaper. I found mine while I was researching air fryers.