Ahh, I just came down with the Keto rash

(steven granke) #1

I have been Keto for around 2 months and all was great. I felt great, really liked the food, and the weight was melting off at a rate of 3.5 lbs per week. I was also walking 8 to 10 miles a day. When all of a sudden, I started noticing red splotches on my shoulder. I also noticed some red bumps on my arms and chest, at first they weren’t itchy but after a few days they started itching. After some research, and viewing some pictures, I believe I have the Keto rash (prurigo pigmentosa).

I started taking a probiotic from Costco, eating a smoothie (strawberries, unsweetened Greek yogurt and heavy whipping cream), and drinking 2 shots of Apple cider vinegar. For the passed two days I have eaten a few carbs, including a small bag of potato chips, a few french fries and 1 chocolate ice cream bar. None of the “bad” foods tasted as good as I remembered them tasting!

If there is anything else any one can recommend to help with the Keto rash?

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #2

There are a few things you can do and they include

Reintroducing carbohydrates, obviously not recommended
Correcting your nutrient deficiencies - Deficiencies in [vitamin A], [vitamin B-12], and [vitamin C] have been [linked] with both acute and chronic skin conditions.

If you’re eating an overly restrictive diet, your body may not be getting all the vitamins and minerals it needs.

In addition to dietary changes, certain supplements may assist the body in fighting inflammatory conditions.

Probiotics, prebiotics, vitamin D, and fish oil supplements have all been used in to help improve symptoms of dermatitis.

Ketoaide is helpful - KetoAide homemade

(steven granke) #3

Just got back from the doctor, and it turns out that this might not be prurigo pigmentosa. It might be Pityriasis Rosea, I guess that is good news, so I can get back to ketosis! The one bad thing is it might last a few more weeks :frowning:

(Fernando Urias) #4

Minute 23:30 has the apple cider vinegar and berries protocol.