Addiction to Insulin

(Jacob Wagner) #1

I just listened to this podcast where the host mentioned that insulin helps move precursors to a couple of neurotransmitters past the blood brain barrier.

It sounds like this could result in a chemical addiction to insulin itself. Does anyone have more information on this idea?

–Jacob

(Karen Parrott) #2

Didn’t listen. Your body needs insulin. So there’s that.

Doubt I’m addicted to required hormones, but I do have foods that trigger my food addiction. ( might cause hyperinsulinemia, extra ghrelin)

So the hormone regulation was a problem.

I’m in food addiction remission, still got my insulin working fine and dandy now. No hormone addictions. They are just regulated. So is my glucose, ghrelin, hs-CRP,

I have a ton of FTO (obesity and T2D genes- two copies) SNP’s and ghrelin SNP (one copy)

Queen of my personalized KREB’s cycle.

Where’s my crown LOL. :crown::crown: Just my own experience. I try keep an open mind about things.

(Sarah ) #3

this is like “being addicted to water” or “being addicted to breathing”. You can define addiction however you want, but if you start to look at insulin as a problem, in and of itself, you will lose sight of how to manage your health. Unhealthy behaviors like a crappy diet can really throw your insulin levels out of whack, and that will affect your whole body, but thats not the same thing as an addiction to insulin.