Addicted to fat? Ever binge eat it?

(Heather Meyer) #21

I used to have major issues with cream… i craved it and would eat it as whipped cream or drink it in diet coke … like 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup… but whats interesting is that i started getting sick from it and my belly bloat never went away… But when i cut it out…belly bloat went away and i craved nome of it. A year later, i have heavy cream and i pay for it…ive become intolerent to it completely. Cheese is different if its hard… i dont crave it and i dont want to binge on it.

Now as far as bingeing goes…ive never really binged per se on fat… its always been a fatty protein. Its like MEAT NOW!! kind of feeling.

But yes… bingeing and addiction can have cross over addiction where you can in fact develop other addictive patterns when cutting off others cold turkey.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

Drink your bacon juice. There are children fattening in India! :rofl:

(Consensus is Politics) #23

I do that on occasion myself. I had originallly been saving it. Have an airtight container in the fridge, and would filter bacon juice through a fine mesh. Just kept adding more and more to the container. Then, when cooking something like chicken breasts, I’d cook them in bacon juice, with enough extra to make a gravey of sorts from it. Quite often I end up drinking that same gravey.

The dog knows this too. Late morning he walks up to me, and starts telling me something. He communicates pretty well. Usually when he needs to go out. Once in a while he just wants some juice on his food. He’ll take me to the kitchen, and lock his gaze on the stove top. If I don’t act, he will walk me back and forth from his bowl to the stove. Indeed, he is trying to train me. :cowboy_hat_face::woozy_face:

I can’t oblige him every time. So once in a while when he really seems to want it, I’ll send him outside for a while. While he is out I’ll pour some juice over his food. When I let him back in he walks up to the stove, looking for it. I’ll tell him, “go check your food”. He does a double take, a classic double take with a surprised look on his face, and then bolts for his food bowl at the other end of the house. :sunglasses::rofl::joy:

(Troy) #24

Love this!
Darn. I have been soooo close to that

Time for a Salted Butter Challenge Thread?
:thinking:

(The o-chem police are coming) #25

Never hungry, never full. Exactly. Just back on the wagon after a 4month carb bender ending at Thanksgiving. +15#. The feeling of being full is like a nice warm hug, esp full of carbs. I never get that feeling eating Keto and I try not to stuff my self. And that is probably good. I’m pretty sure that nice warm hug feeling is the same thing that Oxy addicts get. Probably not good.

For me, I view a lot more things in the addiction/ withdrawal motivation that most of the content on this forum. I’d say that if you regularly find your self mindless eating “X” then avoid “X”. Maybe you’re addicted to butter/dairy. Maybe just addicted to feeling full. Unfortunately (but not actually unfortunately) I don’t think it’s possible to satisfy that itch on Keto. Better just to let whatever neuron or gut microbe is craving “X” starve to death since you can’t kill them with fire.

Best of luck, and let’s be careful with this licking frying pans thing…just use a rubber spatula and transfer it to your already-licked-plate.

(linda) #26

wow - thanks for the validation! I feel like a freak on this site sometimes - and addiction IS a better way of looking at this. If I start I have a hard time stopping with some foods - so it’s best to not have them around.
You are absolutely right about the satiation factor -the “eat to satiety” dictum is such a mantra - on that goes over my head!!

It sounds like you are back on the program after a detour into the carb zone. Welcome back! The rest of the holidays can be a challenge but you’re on your way :slight_smile:

Regulation is the goal—Good luck to you too!