Adam Ruins Everything

(Gloria) #1

Adam Ruins Everything

Wasn’t sure the best place to post this.

Has anyone seen this eccentric little show on US cable TRU TV? It looks like episodes get posted to YouTube.

The blurb for this Tuesday’s episode intrigued me. Adam Ruins Weight Loss. Adam Conover illustrates all the reasons low-fat diets make people fatter and why counting calories is a waste of time.

They do not seem to shy away from ideas that are outside of conventional wisdom and often cite research.
Reason to hope?

(Michelle) #2

Oh, I must look for this one. I typically don’t like that show, but this is worth watching.

(Tim W) #3

The show is ok, kind of annoying to watch because I HATE “normal” TV, I prefer to stream without commercials.

Having that said, the podcast has some great episodes (some of them are stinkers too) and I recommend it. Adam comes from a family full of science so he can speak the lingo and often refers to real studies, not blogs or some internet blabbermouth.

(Jim Russell) #4

I love Adam Ruins Everything. I’m looking forward to that episode.

(Jacquelyn Graham) #5

Yes, he actually does quite a good job of researching and presenting why commonly held preconceptions are so much horse apples. His presentation on engagement rings was great. And his one on pregnancy later in life was simply amazing. Definitely reason to hope and if he gets this one wrong he’ll be hearing from me! :wink:

(Kent Riggins) #6

Hi,
Here is a link to the YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rWjb7t8cfo

(Linda Culbreth) #7

Enjoyed the video - short, but fact filled. I almost said sweet…

(M C) #8

I love Adam Ruins Everything! Interesting episode too.

(Jim Russell) #9

That is just part of the episode. They also talk about the biggest loser and how much they damaged their metabolisms.

My only issue with this episode is the takeaway that if you can’t lose weight “it’s just genetics, there is nothing you can do.” They talk about how the rise in sugar consumption parallels the rise in heart attacks and obesity, but don’t quite make the leap to “hmm… maybe we shouldn’t eat much sugar.”