Acute Effects of Dietary Carbohydrate Restriction on Glycemia, Lipemia and Appetite Regulating Hormones in Normal-Weight to Obese Subjects

(Todd Allen) #1

In this incredibly daring study they dropped carbohydrate intake from 54% of calories to 31% of calories for TWO consecutive days!

Acute Effects of Dietary Carbohydrate Restriction on Glycemia, Lipemia and Appetite Regulating Hormones in Normal-Weight to Obese Subjects

(Doug) #2

:smile: What a world…

(Todd Allen) #3

I’m ashamed to say I goofed in my original post and under reported the daringness of this trial - since corrected from “meals” to “days”. Fortunately this did not result in harm to the test subjects.

(TJ Borden) #4

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They’re going to kill those poor people

(less is more, more or less) #5

Outrageous! What about that poor donut guy, waking up earlier than he’d like? Who’s he gonna feed? #saveourdonutshops

(Running from stupidity) #6

It was, at least, a positive conclusion, which means it won’t be reported on, which is a nice change.

(Wendy) #7

Don’t worry I saw the line in the drive thru for Dunkin. Unbelievable! Maybe they just wanted their coffee. :laughing:

(O. Kur) #9

Did not read it, but if true, should be in the “don’t show me the fake science” - category…

(Todd Allen) #10

Unfortunately this was real science of the highest caliber, a randomized controlled crossover trial in humans. And it found a positive result. My issue is they consider 30% of calories from carbohydrate to be “dietary carbohydrate restriction” which I see as evidence of the extent of institutionalized nutritional brain washing.

Shoot, with all the crap they put in coffee these days, they might as well be eating a donut. :rage:

We should have them contact everyone on the forum! :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #13

You need to come to Melbourne and have REAL coffee!

(Nouf Abdulaziz) #14

Hi
I’m a nurse student and our doctor gave us this article to Give PPT about it… but im lost i dont know what is the article is talking about and its my first time reading such articles … can you please please give me an idea
and help me in my homework…:pensive::broken_heart:

(Todd Allen) #15

This was a test of the effect of reduced carbohydrate on postprandial blood glucose and several other metabolic biomarkers. They tested a very modest reduction of carbohydrate, 31% of calories, as compared to a commonly recommended level of 54% replaced with protein and fat and found it beneficial. Most of us here at these ketogenic forums go much farther reducing carbohydrate to roughly 5% of calories replacing it mostly with fat and achieve much better results.