Accidental Fudge Clone

(Vladaar Malane) #1

Okay, so I got creative with what I would normally use to make peanut butter chocolate fat bomb.

I really don’t like adding sugar, or fake sugar, but I only had real peanut butter in the house, so this is what I did.

I took coconut oil heated it up, threw in 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter. Added some vanilla extract, cream cheese, cocoa powder, and then poured in some heavy cream. I don’t normally add the cream.

So, no exact measurements, I just eyeballed it. I mixed it well, then poured it in muffin pan. Froze it, and didn’t care for the frozen hard bite, but noticed it had a fudge-like taste. So I put it in fridge to warm up and it tastes exactly like fudge but without the sugary taste. There is some sugar from the peanut butter, but very little.

Anyway, was just excited to create a fudge-like clone that had very little sugar, I’ll try with natural peanut butter next time.

That sounds amazing! Would love to know the measurements if you’re able to get them next time. I’m terrible at winging it like you did.

(Vladaar Malane) #3

Hrm, well for kicks I looked up a normal fudge reciepe and these are the ingriedent amounts.

• 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips - Change to cocoa powder

• 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk - Change to Heavy Cream

• 1/4 cup butter - I used cream cheese, but butter yummy

• 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
    I put 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in mine, that gave it the sugar it does have.

(Todd Allen) #4

Hard to go wrong with cocoa powder and fats such as cream, nut butters and coconut oil. Egg yolks and avocado and many other combinations work great too.