About the #BoringKeto category

(Dudes) #1

In 2014 a Dietitian once told @richard "Even if science shows a ketogenic diet to be advantageous, no-one can keep to such a boring diet.

This is an area to share images of ketogenic meals to show that a Ketogenic diet does not need to be a boring diet of Bacon and eggs (not that there’s anything wrong with that) but can in fact be a varied and exciting way of fueling yourself.

• Post up your #boringKeto meals - Keto Represent!!!

• Let’s show newbies that their dietary future doesn’t have to be one of exclusion

• And for foodies let’s make sure they can see that fine dining and Keto need not be exclusive.

• … and while we’re at it, let’s make a point to dietitians that this way of eating is not a nutritional wasteland but is in fact highly nutritious.

And if you have a recipe add that to our “Recipes recipes recipes” area too.

(Gregory Miller) #2

Hotdogs and hard boiled eggs

(Cynthia Martel) #3

Thank you Starbucks for sous-vide egg bites! These were so delicious I didn’t have time to take a picture. #food:boringKeto

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

Shrimp salad. Pizza casserole with cauliflower crust.

(Shiela Wood) #5

(Shiela Wood) #6

Meatball stuffed Zucchini with asparagus and Buffalo Chicken stuffed peppers with keto biscuits.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #7

Experimenting with Thai and Indian sauces. Using almond flour instead of regular flour (to thicken the sauce). Now if I can only find some low carb barbeque sauce that doesn’t taste fake.

(Kim) #8

I dont have a picture of my favorite go to meal but i will list the ingredients …

Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, garlic, carrot, brussles sprouts, bell pepper, green onion, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, (pick 2: sausage, bacon, chicken, beef strips) lemon pepper, avocado oil, salt.

Well I just had Smoked Cod a la Provencal for dinner (oven-baked smoked cod fillet, with butter & olive-oil sauted ratatouille). So if this is eating boring food, I fully intend to be bored forever … I will in fact go out of my way to be so!

In other words, said dietitian is obviously a moron, with no imagination, culinary talent, or taste.

Edit: I should add that I had it with a glass of rose; and followed it with low-carb tiramisu (homemade), with a strawberry for a garnish. Entree tonight was Hungarian Goulash soup and a thin slice of buttered baguette (I’m OMAD, and not diabetic, so a little bread, made to a traditional French recipe [namely, made without sugar], with soup is fine for me).