About the Beginning category

(Dudes) #1

How to get started … you won’t expect it but you will probably, suddenly, one day, want to exercise.

(Loraine Hansen) #2

I love to exercise. When its exercise I love. I.e., kickboxing, bike riding, walking, yoga, strength training using my body and gravity (pushups, pull-ups, squats, plank). But when I started eating keto a week ago, I had learned from the podcasts that extreme exercise is not advisable for the first week, or two? I started keto from a Primal Blueprint lifestyle of over 5 years, so have not experienced keto flu, but I do have some fatigue and not a lot of motivation (not much different however, from before I started keto).

So, I’m assuming that I will feel like exercising again soon? I don’t like not exercising, but I don’t like exercising when I’m so tired either. Is it a good idea to wait until I have the energy, or go ahead and do it anyway?

(Khalil Islam-Zwart) #3

I’m starting to exercise.

I’ve lost about 100 lbs since last year at this time. I went from about 290-235 between May and November and have been slowly working my way down from 235 (currently between 220-223) since then. My first weightloss was using a low carb/no fat/no sugar restricted eating (low fat proteins and leafy green veggies with intermittent fasting) and now I bounce between cellular healing and keto.

This year is my 4th year of skiing and I’ve found that without an additional 100 lbs, I’m a much better skier than I’ve ever been. This past Saturday, I skied as much in an hour and a half as I’ve done some years during an entire day on the mountain. So I decided to add the use of our family treadmill. It’s pretty fancy. Part of my motivation to do that was that I’ve tried variations of the Couch 2 5k training program, but in the past I’d always end up injured. Now, I’m using the interval setting on the treadmill. A friend of mine who lost about 85 lbs between winter and the following fall last year lost his weight primarily by running. He didn’t change his diet, just started running 3 miles a day. I don’t know if I’m going to work up to 21 miles a week, but I think I can start by committing to 7 miles a week and work my way up as I build more endurance.

I”m new to it, but enjoy it. I start running and listen to podcasts or watch videos as I run. I’m hoping to keep at it and build a new habit.

Any successes out there?

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #4

I just don’t feel like it. I did 20-30 mins cardio most days prior to keto, as well as long walks.
I’m pretty active, on my feet for long periods and when I first started keto I was just please not to be taking naps.
Is this normal? Should I try harder? … I kinda feel like I need more exercise but reluctant or lazy