? About egg fast

(hottie turned hag) #21

Realize though that it’s NOT that eggs are a magic weight loss food per se; egg fast works because it’s hard to eat SO MANY eggs that one consumes far too many cals. It’s also good because eggs are so nutritionally complete and so perfect for keto. Now I’m not stating that all cals are the same as far as how they are utilized by the body, but if one were to eat bacon or steak in the same macro/cal amts as the eggs for a week, I warrant results would be the same.

I will defer to the wiser ones on here if I am wrong on this.

Eggs just makes it super easy to do. I’ve done it and was pleased with results.

(Brian) #22

That’s what I was wondering about in my post.

I remember of hearing Dr. Berry talk about if you don’t know what to eat, just eat steak and eggs. I do love eggs, especially pickled ones, hard boiled ones, scrambled ones, sunny side up… DOH!, mind wandered. LOL. But steak and eggs is a treat at our house! (Funny thing, the steak is usually sous vide for about 3 days, is fork tender and melt in your mouth. It’s hard to have leftovers!)

(Jean) #23

Meat sounds really good . I do
Miss
My cauliflower mash

Never made hollandais, sounds wonderful . What are the quantities of the recipe. Example two yokes 2 tablespoon of this etc . Can I blend in food processors or do younhave to drizzle oil with whisking

I’d be willing to bet that you’re right but I too would defer to the wiser ones . I did a several month bulk over the summer & when it came time to do a mini-cut I stuck to chicken & broccolini (screamingly original of me!). It’s nice enough, nutritious enough but not highly palatable or likely to trigger hedonic eating. Did the job.

(Not a cow) #25

I just finished 3 days, it’s almost 11pm here, I ate a 5 egg bacon and cheese omlette at 5pm and I am still stuffed. I had two eggs earlier at noon to get me through the afternoon. Friday morning will be my big weigh in to see how well I did, and one more day of eggs and bacon will be enough for me this week. I did 8 eggs Monday, 6 eggs Tuesday OMAD, and 7 eggs today 2MAD, and tomorrow will be another OMAD and I’m thinking of doing another 5 egg bacon and cheese omlette, but this time i will add some sour cream on top to help it down :(. Can’t wait for salmon on Friday. :slight_smile: Four days is enough, but I will do it again next week as the monotonous of this process is growing on me. Plus my BG is down from 6.2 Monday night to 5.1 tonight, but still no ketones showing in my blood. Try again tomorrow.

(Not a cow) #26

I agree, I think if you did an almost zero carb week with just meat, it would have the same affect. I like the no thinking meal planning necessary to put out a dinner fit for a KetoKing. Chicken wings and ribs might be a good combination to try it with, a couple of my favourites.