A systemic review shows that the effect of dairy on inflammaton is

dairy

(Bob M) #1

Not bad.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Since one of the authors works for the dairy council, there is no surprise here.

(Bob M) #3

I wouldn’t be so dismissive.

As I’ve said before, someone has to pay for these. When Atkins paid for his own study, did you dismiss those findings? Do you dismiss the findings of Virta Health simply because they funded their studies?

Furthermore, I’ve asked multiple times for scientific proof or blood test that can be taken to prove that “dairy” causes “inflammation”, and no one can give these to me.

Yet I see claims on this board like if someone uses cream in their coffee, they gain several pounds. How is that possible? Isn’t the bad actor supposedly the protein? If so, how much protein could be in cream?

So, unless someone can show me scientific evidence or recommend blood tests I can take to “prove” “dairy” causes “inflammation”, I have to throw the BS flag on this idea.

The available literature suggests that dairy products and dairy proteins have neutral to beneficial effects on biomarkers of inflammation.

The proteins may be neutral but there’s still something in dairy which causes severe inflammatory acne in many of us but I have to admit that some people are immune.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Not being dismissive, just consistent. We pooh-pooh a lot of carb-biased studies because of the affiliations of the authors, so we have to apply the same standard to other studies, the conclusions of which we like. As Prof. Noakes has pointed out, speaking from personal experience, “You think you are not biased by your funding, but you are.”