A non scale victory that is *also* a scale victory

My weight has not really been decreasing in the last weeks. I mean, it has decreased somewhat, but nothing much has happened in the last month or so. However, I can clearly see that my shape is not the one I once had as my belly is slowly, but clearly, receding.

Today I have used my scale (it is a very good scale, Omron “Karada Scan”; very consistent and precise) to measure my fat percentage and visceral fat. In the last years, my fat percentage was between 21% and 23%, and my visceral fat index was consistently 8.

This evening, my fat percentage was at 19.4%. I remember seeing values around 18% in 2007-2008, but these last ten years I was never below 20%. This is something like a 10 years low.

Similarly, my visceral fat number was 7. This is the lowest in many years, too.

So there you have it: a NSV that is reflected in the scale measurement. I hope this will be of encouragement to someone, because it would be nice to see a constant decrease in weight, but it’s just not the way it goes.

As an aside, today at lunch time I have walked 5000 steps, without any issue, whilst fasting.

(Robin) #2

Love hearing another example of # pounds not reflecting the changes you are experiencing.
Sometimes it takes months for my scales to announce what I’ve already witnessed.