A molecule produced during fasting leads to a longer life

(TJ Borden) #21

I dont think we’ve met, but I’m intrigued…

What brings you to the keto forums?

If your goal is to NOT stick around, I’d recommend the SAD diet???

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #22

I suspect you’ll be slow when you’re dead, not fast.

(Linda) #23

That doesn’t mean I wanted to continue to be morbidly obese and diabetic. I’ve fixed those things and that’s good enough for me.

ETA: One can remain keto and not fast.

(TJ Borden) #24

Totally agree, although most people end up doing 12:12 intermittent fasting whether they intend to or not :wink:

(Linda) #25

I do that. I did OMAD for awhile, but I didn’t like it. Like I told my doc once, nobody gets to die of anything they want whether they put themselves through their annual mammograms and colonoscopies or not. I just want to live my life happily now, not spend it worrying about what may or may not kill me.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(TJ Borden) #28

I think about it sometimes, but only because I’m now pretty sure it won’t be a heart attack, kidney failure, stroke, or cancer.

My money is on “got hit by a bus while crossing the street, not paying attention because he was on some forum about keto”

Stop it! I can’t anymore! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I LITERALLY have tears in my eyes!

(And I have 10 minutes before I can leave!)

(Carole) #30

Ha ha ha

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #31

Okay, for that, you win the Internet today! :rofl: