A little Science if you will

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #21

Dr. Berg is not a researcher himself, and my impression is that he is sometimes operating on the basis of outdated studies.

I prefer to listen to the primary researchers in the field. Stephen D. Phinney, M.D., Ph.D.; Jeff S. Volek, R.D., Ph.D.; Richard D. Feinman, Ph.D.; Thomas Seyfried, Ph.D.; Uffe Ravnskov, Ph.D.; Robert Lustig, M.D., Ph.D.; Eric Westman, M.D.; Benjamin Bikman, Ph.D.; Grant Schofield, Ph.D.; Catherine Crofts, Ph.D.; and many others.

The science journalists, Gary Taubes and Nina Teicholz are also known for the quality of their voluminously-documented surveys of the field of nutrition research.

(Kelly Silverman) #22

Paul, have you ever done carnivore yourself?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

No. I live in a household of carbivores, which makes it difficult. On the other hand, steak with butter is delicious, so there may be hope for me yet. :grin:

(Ron) #24

@lfod14,

Here is a link to where that chart comes from -
https://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/info/?page_id=438

(Peter) #25

And ā€¦ thereā€™s the problem. Heā€™s not a doctor, heā€™s a chiro, and his real skill seems to be gathering fanatical followers who love his pseudoscience and regurgitate it endlessly.

I guess Iā€™m saying Berg is best avoided :smiley:

Berg reminds me of this high school classmate snake. I canā€™t even take him seriously for more than 2 seconds and Iā€™ve never understood how he has so many followers. :man_shrugging: Paid subscribers and views? :thinking:

(Bunny) #27

Yes sir, the evidence is cited right their in your post?

(Polly) #28

That is not very polite @atomicspacebunny, please stop posting micro-aggressive personal responses when you donā€™t like what someone has said.

Incidentally, ā€œyourā€ means ā€œbelonging to youā€ whereas ā€œyouā€™reā€ is the standard abbreviation for ā€œyou areā€. Your and youā€™re are not interchangable in the English language.

In addition ā€œ theirā€ means ā€œbelonging to themā€ whereas ā€œthereā€ is the location where something may be found.

(Bunny) #29

And as matter of your past ā€œmicro aggressive personal responsesā€œ towards me I would very politely and kindly ask the same of you?

ā€œLikingā€œ something and finding or re-visiting ā€˜mistakesā€˜ are two different things!

(Polly) #30

Thank you for editing the impolite part of your post.

(Polly) #31

I have never made any personal remarks to you Bunny, as you well know. Tit for tat responses are a bit ā€œplayground banterishā€ for my taste, but as my Granny used to say ā€œsticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt meā€.

Yet you went grammar nazi in a previous post? If thatā€™s not tit for tat I donā€™t know what is.

That Iā€™ll agree with all day long, however you canā€™t believe in sticks and stones and simultaneously use snowflake buzzwords like ā€œmicro aggressionā€ Do words hurt you or donā€™t they? Are you REALLY offended or just looking for an excuse to be?

Cā€™mon people! Weā€™re adults remember? Thicken that skin up!

(Polly) #33

I am not offended. I was not the subject of the impolite remarks.

Do you really mean ā€œgrammar naziā€? It would appear that Bunny does not know how to write good English and if no-one tells her she will continue to misuse it. That does not make me a Nazi, that makes me a person willing to share my knowledge for the benefit of all.

Ummm, ya! Thatā€™s the literal definition of a grammar nazi.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #35

Folks, please play nice. Name-calling is not civil discourse, which is what we are hoping you will all engage in. If it will help, I can lock the thread for a while until tempers cool.

(Kelly Silverman) #36

I almost forgot how much folks hate Dr Berg in this forum! :joy::joy:

But Iā€™m glad I came over here to ask you guys :ok_hand:t5:

(Kelly Silverman) #37

Well, Iā€™m going to continue on for the 30 days. Iā€™ve been meaning to try carnivore, but was scared to leave the vegetables alone in fear of constipation.

It was this new video that convinced me to go ahead and give it a try :point_down:

Its the part of ā€œEat all you want as OFTEN as you wantā€ that got the wheels in my head turning.

your = object belonging to a single person. your car, your house, your landā€¦

their = object belonging to two or more people. their car, their house, their landā€¦

there = location of something.

(Bunny) #39

Yes my grammar is not up to par, never my best subjectā€¦lol Thank you for reminding me!

Grammar checker is always switching my sentences and words also, I try to correct everything manually the best I can.

Maybe I should start my own Teach Bunny Proper Grammar or Bunny Learns Proper Grammar threadā€¦lol

crazythingsaboutgrammarnaziseveryoneknowstobetrue2_1422952649