A Kendrick Rabbithole

(Alec) #1

I have just read this book from Dr Malcolm Kendrick. I want to recommend everyone take the time and energy to read this book. It will change the way you look at everything in the medical world. It is also very funny.

But there are parts of it where you stand back and say to yourself… “you are kidding, right???”.

(KM) #2

Not in my library yet but I did find his other, The Great Cholesterol Con. Anyone who starts a book with a quote from Dr. Who can’t be all bad. (A further side note, my dermatologist was Dr. Hu. She never understood why I found that amusing.)

(Bob M) #3

I liked that book.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Made me laugh out loud.

(Geoffrey) #5

That’s funny. I had a doctor who’s name was Savage. He’d just roll his eyes and grin when I’d call him Doc Savage.
Probably dating myself with that one.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

My ophthalmologist when I was a child was Dr. William I. Glass, and one of our dentists around that time was Dr. Pulley.

I’ve also met a priest named DePriest (would be even funnier if she were made a bishop). I’ve also heard of a bishop named Bishop (“Bishop Bishop” is bad enough, but “Deacon Bishop” must have been hilarious, when he was starting out).