A fast mix-it-up a little

bglfast

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #1

I’m planning to adopt a new fasting regime :wink:

Fast until it’s under 5

The principle is you don’t eat a meal unless your BGL level is under 5.0mmol/L (90mg/dl).

Sounds like a fair deal to me.

Interesting concept

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #3

Might start tomorrow.

Ongoing Incentive to keep it under 5!

I’ve followed a strategy like that. If my morning fbg was over, 100mg/dl, I’d test again later in the day before eating. Then tweak my macros according to the result.

(Jacquie) #5

Sounds lie a version of ‘eating to your meter’. Sounds good to me. :slight_smile:

(Guardian of the bacon) #6

I’ve been thinking about doing something similar when I am allowed to begin fasting again. I do have one concern though. You may end up with a rather random & unpredictable eating pattern which by itself isn’t troublesome. What concerns me is meeting protein requirements. Perhaps a pattern would soon emerge so you could predict how often you might be eating.

(Karen Fricke) #7

Could also complicate eating meals with family. IF works because you can plan fasting around meals.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #8

I like it! And the person can adjust to their patterns should they decide to implement this method. Like I know my waking glucose will be 90+ most days when I’m not fastingand it’ll drop to the 80s after being up for awhile. I could adjust mine to say below 85 or 80.

This could still work with IF just the same and eating patterns can pretty much stay the same. Even on OMAD, I manage to get enough protein and nutrients without any worries. So this is really good.

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #9

I think as you learn to control your diet to keep your levels around 5 or below you’d end up eating most meals anyway.

Just a guess.

(Guardian of the bacon) #10

That’s very possible. I’m anxious to follow your results.

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #11

I think if you work out how often you eat and aim for a protein intake equivalent to 0.6g/lean wt kg/ day you should be ok.

(Guardian of the bacon) #12

I like that #, many would say it’s too low of protein. That’s about my target

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #13

It’s the number that Dr Jason Fung is recommending for weight loss.