A Dedicated Section for Losing 100+ Pounds

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #21

The new category is Centurions in the community section.

Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

(Bunny) #23

That extra 20 pounds we want to lose but for some reason things just stop?

Why? Why? Why?

I have been reading a lot about lipolysis lately, to me it is such a fascinating subject that I can’t stop reading about it.

I wanted to share how my mind is interpreting this when I gather the information from endless piles of research and speculation:

A high fat/low carb diet?

A low fat/low carb diet?

Why does either work for actual percentage of body fat depletion rather than lean mass depletion?

Why will a high fat diet work for one person and a low fat diet for the other person?

I want to make this short and sweet.

It is because there is a thing called non-adipose (WAT) lipolysis (NSWAT-L)?

What the heck is that?

That is when lipolysis is happening inside the skeletal muscle tissue.

My hypothesis:

That’s what the low fat diet does, is it cleans up the skeletal muscle of excessive intramyocellular triglycerides/adipocytes that inhibit glucose oxidation.

The high fat diet clears up the subcutaneous white adipose tissue that surrounds the hips, thighs and upper body. And visceral fat.

The reason the higher fat diet may quit working is because the skeletal muscle is not cleared of triglycerides within its adipocytes to inhibit continuous storage of triglycerides in the subcutaneous white adipose tissue?

I do believe that is the answer to why we get diabetes and excessive weight gain and it may take miracle for any to understand my logic on this?

The singular method is creating impedance in other paradigm when it should be dual?

I have tested this out on myself and it works flawlessly, but that is my own N=1 if you exclude placebo and paradox?

(Amanda) #24

Thanks, @Momof5, for directing me here!

I’m down 75 lbs with about 100 to go. The first 50 lbs went fast, in about five months, and people started to notice around the 30 mark and started to ask questions around 50-60. Over the past year, I have been bouncing around with the last 25lbs, but people are still supportive.

I think it is great that there is a place for those of us with similar goals to look for specific support and get advice and encouragement from people who have been in your shoes.

(Natasha) #25

For sure!

I have lost 115 so far, still have another 60 to go… I figure it will take 18 months or so?

You’re 2/3 of way there. Congrats, you are doing well!

I’ve been yoyoing around 5 pounds this month. My body doesn’t want to give up anymore for now, and I’m only 1/3 of the way there.

I think our own dedicated section can be a big help for all of us in our continuous journeys.

(Susan) #27

I figured I would make a post on here to give it a little bump and to show my progress so far as well:

Jan28thupdate%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy

I was 293 pounds when I began my Keto journey, and I am now 232 pounds -down 61 pounds so far, my goal weight is 130 -so 102 pounds to go =). The adorable little angelic creature beside me is my darling grand daughter, that lives with us too (with her mom, who is my youngest of my 5 kids, and the 4th youngest is still at home too. My hubby, my 2 girls (19 and 21) and my grand daughter (3.5) live here and I am the only full time Ketoer of the bunch.

Susan, our numbers are very similar! I started at 310, and am now at 240. I’m not sure about a goal weight yet. The least I’ve ever weighed as an adult is 140, but that was only for a brief time after my second was born.

You look wonderful and happy! And your granddaughter looks adorable too. Congrats on your continuing journey!

(Central Florida Bob ) #29

Congrats, Susan! Of course you know we’re all rooting for you, right? :grin:

(Susan) #30

Thank you @gesine and @CFLBob --and Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns, Bob!!

(Bob M) #31

Congratulations, Susan!

I wouldn’t mind a 100+ pound section. I won’t ever get in there, though (that would be less than I’ve ever weighed if I lost that much). That’s Ok, I also won’t be part of the “I lost half my body weight” club, either.

(Susan) #32

Thank you, Bob =). Well this is now a section -but everyone is welcome to watch and encourage our progress of course and to offer any helpful advice too! =).