A break of two weeks, what happens

(ianrobo) #1

I could be this in a number of groups but as I exercise a lot.

I have been on holiday for two weeks, no exercise and frankly rubbish carb foods and beer all the way, so went for a ride today and how do I feel ?

Well thats an interesting question now, I will still be fat adapted, but Keto ? just started today back onto it so will let you know how it goes.

BTW did little on holiday and yet today’s ride, was very good.

(ianrobo) #2

just did a Ketonix test and read 40 which I think is great given the last 12 days or so

(Allan Misner) #3

I decided I’d have some beer this weekend. It did not agree with me. Back at it today with an intermittent fast. I’m not back in ketosis yet, but hope to get back in over the next few days.

I wish I could do something aerobic, but went through a rotator cuff surgery two weeks ago and can’t. Will have to depend on nutrition alone.

(ianrobo) #4

ok very strange but Ketonix is reading 65 now and yet feel Keto flu has started and very tired after ride from work. This is great high Ketonix readings but feel very glycogen deprived,

(ianrobo) #5

just be patient with injuries because go too early then could really set you back

(Allan Misner) #6

I agree. I’m working diligently with a physical therapist. I’m a personal trainer, so I know the value of recovery. So, IF it is.

(ianrobo) #7

Ah good what is prognosis before u can start again ?

(Allan Misner) #8

I’m 2 weeks in on a 10 - 12 week recovery.

(ianrobo) #9

Feel for you, just nothing you can do at all ?

(Allan Misner) #10

Just doing my physical therapy so I don’t lose range of motion. All passive movement for now. Hopefully will get to strength (active movement) around the end of the month.

(Becky) #11

I recently took several ‘breaks’. The first was a few days, and I used a blood sugar monitor and blood urine ketone strips to track how long it took to ‘recover’. I recovered within a few days.

Unfortunately, I then took two more ‘breaks’ each a little longer and more carbage indulgence. My blood pressure shot up to 170/120! It’s been 8 days back on Keto. It took 7 days to get back into ketosis, my blood sugar and blood pressure are much lower, but still higher then normal. I pray I can remember this and also remember that I enjoy Keto foods more then any carbs out there.

(ianrobo) #12

for me the only time for a break will be hols and if the Ketonix is right I am doing well at the moment. The thing the flu was feeling that it was coming yesterday but never came, will measure in a bit to see what it is.

(ianrobo) #13

Ketonix is now a good 53, this is very interesting stuff.

(ianrobo) #14

Rode into work today and at work I feel really refreshed, no real signs of keto flu except for a bit Monday afternoon evening, very quick to get back to normal. I guess it shows I am not insulin resistant but also for me shows the massive value of exercise. I am not saying do the amount I do but simple exercise like walking, rather than take the car etc.

(ianrobo) #15

Now shows 48 on the Ketonix and always happens to me when I reach a high peak I come down off it

(ianrobo) #16

OK so after two weeks, where am I.

Apart from a brief few hours, no Keto flu, feel fully back into Ketosis and fat adaption does not leave for a month or so, so no real problem there. Obviously I have not heavily IR so that is much easier and please remember we are all different in our responses.

However the wrong thing I have noticed is carb cravings still with me !