A Break from Carnivore Diet and the Return of Acne

accountability

(Dawn O Miller) #1

Again just want to relay my ongoing experiences on the Carnivore Diet.

So I broke from the Carnivore diet early March, I didn’t go particularly drastic. I basically brought back fruit, particularly organic berries cause I wanted something with Low Glycemic Load, and seaweed for it’s iodine because of a suspected iodine deficiency. I measured 2 cups of berries per day and 1 to 2 sheets of nori seaweed.

Everything was fine at first for the first 2 weeks, no immediate adverse effects were noticeable…

the first thing I DID notice was small acne that I sort of brush off…but than those small acne became big cystic ones around my mouth area and became VERY NOTICEABLE.

I believe I stated in a previous post that I developed really bad cystic acne going keto, I believe now the reason is because I was eating more fibrous vegetables during that time. When I went Carnivore my skin cleared up and I was able to get off my acne meds. Now that I was bringing back some high fiber carbs it was coming back, BIG TIME.

So on the first week of April I decided to go back Carnivore, and to my amazement my skin started clearing up almost overnight, and by the end of the first week my skin was beautifully smoothed.

I decided to confirm this. This past Monday I ate some organic strawberries and seaweed again, and almost overnight the cystic acne came back. I’m back on Carnivore again and healing the new cystic acne that developed but so far no new ones thank goodness.

Interestingly enough, Chinese Medicine has an acne map, and where my acne seemed to sprout indicate problems in my small intestine (bottom lip) and colon (side of lip).

A follow-up on the suspected iodine deficiency, I have brought in some cod liver oil and that seems to be doing the trick.

Again, just sharing my own experiences in hopes that it can help others.

(Running from stupidity) #2

Two cups seems like a lot?

(Dawn O Miller) #3

Berries are my guilty pleasure so I indulge…my body however made it very clear I over did it.