85 Pounds

(Jay Morris) #1

Okay, so the title sounds like I am declaring a “Scale Victory” but I really mean to say that it took 85 pounds of weight loss since I started keto for a fellow work employee to finally taken notice and asked me if I had been loosing weight today.
I will take it as a NSV…

(David Russell) #2

I think people are afraid to ask just in case you are dying.

(Jay Morris) #3

Thats awesome!

(Guardian of the bacon) #4

Those we see nearly every day are the last to notice. I look in the mirror everyday and still see the same ole me.

Awesome work on the 85 BTW!

(David Russell) #5

Lol. People at my work say ‘You’ve lost a lot of weight…is everything ok?’

(Stephanie Hanson) #6

I wonder if “no, I need some steak right now” would get you a steak.

(Danielle) #7

I get a similar response. I see alot of elderly clients and they notice that I have lost weight and then they worry that I am sick.

It’s difficult to spot gradual changes. Usually, it takes the rare pair of eyes who bumps into you in the street and says, “whoa…you lost a lot of weight since last time I saw you!!”

(Stephen So) #9

Well done man! On my last go around, some lady straight up asked my wife, is your husband sick? heheh

(Jake P) #10

Nice job!!

(ketohealthclub) #11

Wow! I’ve lost 50 lbs and no one’s noticed at my job. I figure it’ll take up to 75 lbs. oh well! Congratulations!!

(Karen Parrott) #12

Yep!! Some coworkers don’t comment as their own personal policy. Weight gains and losses can be chalked up to all kinds of conditions.

And the ones who don’t comment do notice, but keep it neutral from commenting.

Most people who told me I lost too much weight just got used to the morbid obese me. It took a while for them (and me ) to get used to normal weight.

Congrats!!!

(markkloch) #13

Jay, great job, to your health!
My problem is I can’t shut up if someone engages me about my health. People do notice and want to know how I did it.
So, I proceed to tell (lecture) about my journey and I’ll get a word from my wife, where I state they keep asking me questions.
It’s all good, I just want everyone to feel as good as I do.

Wow! As has been said, folks are generally loathe to broach the topic of weight. But all that aside, 85 pounds!!! You have a tremendous achievement under your belt… And now there is room for it under there!

(Julie Anderson) #15

One of the members of my hiking club asked me if I was sick. When I answered “no” she complimented me on my weight loss. :smiley:

Julie

(ketohealthclub) #16

Me, too.

It’s been a long time since someone’s been concerned about me losing weight. I look forward to hearing it again :slight_smile:

(annieplanck) #18

Yeah, my big sister claims I look “gaunt & drawn” I told her that she was just not used to seeing me thin (Don 50 lbs since April)…She said "No no, you look sick " Of course she’s still about 100lbs overweight, still on insulin. I say Sour Grapes!

Exactly! I label it as covert sabotage. Sometime deliberate, other times not, depending on the person.

(Arlene) #20

How nice of you. I would say that with most people it’s deliberate. Kind’ve like sarcasm; say something mean with a smile on your face, pretend you’re just joking and then your mean comment is okay. NOT