10 weeks and no weight loss!

newbies

(TJ Borden) #82

I vote to leave it.

(Ron) #83

Hey. I agree with you! The eye roll was my testimony to that.:grin:

(Miranda ) #84

THANK YOU for saying this! I am in the same boat.

I’m going crazy trying to read this posts- and everything else on the internet.
I just wanted to know why this is taking me over 8 weeks. I’m going to buy some avocados tomorrow and do an avocado fast. That’s the only thing that got my urine test to change.

The fastest way to get into ketosis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvBM5Ql2OOE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfh_YRVC3Oo

I understand that stevia and cream can spike blood sugar and will stop those too.

I looked into a blood glucose test but cannot afford one at this point. I’m going to eat meals with meat, cheese, veggies, and oil for two meals a day and see if I can save myself 60 bucks. And loose 10 pounds.

(Miranda ) #85

That is a relief because I hate counting and chasing! Can I just eat low carb and high fat and sort of sail my way into ketosis…why is everyone so extreme about this 20 gram number?

(Ron) #86

Stevia Yes for some. Cream Not usually.:wink:

(TJ Borden) #87

Because that works for almost everyone, and is really effective at getting you into ketosis because it’s a small enough amount your body is forced to look to other fuel sources. Even 50 grams (extremely low by SAD standards) can be enough carbs for some to make it difficult to get into ketosis.

(Chris W) #88

What Ron said, I can consume 800 or more calories of cream in a day right now and not even remotely come out of ketosis it normally makes it go higher. But I am fat adapted and have been for a while.

You can try and do lazy keto, but I think if you want it to work you should try a little harder.
People here have gained weight doing lazy keto, and then complained about it not working. The 20g limit is artificially low for everyone, people with T2D tend to be very sensitive to carbs, my personal limit is about 55g in a day but I don’t push that. The problem is that we cannot know what your limit is, and you are not testing so its pretty much a guess that could go south. I am almost always in the 12-18g a day range.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #89

How do I delete account?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #90

Too much pressure - I am done. Got a lot of helpful tips. But can KCKO by myself.

(Miranda ) #91

My urine test are the lightest pink for about two weeks. But prior they were darker That means I’ve been eating more carbs. But are low ketones still helping me get more fat adapted even though my body is staying the same and not loosing weight? Can weight loss be achieved from have a low level of ketones over a long amount of time?

(TJ Borden) #92

I have no idea, and even if I did, I wouldn’t tell you because I don’t want you to leave :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Miranda ) #93

Quoted from this website:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/lose-weight-by-achieving-optimal-ketosis

"If it doesn’t work

Being in optimal ketosis for a prolonged period of time (say, a month) will ensure that you experience the maximal hormonal effect from eating a low-carb diet. If this doesn’t result in noticeable weight loss, you can be certain that too many carbs are NOT part of your weight issue and not the obstacle to your weight loss. There are, in fact, other causes of obesity and being overweight. The next three tips in this series might help you."

Maybe ketosis isn’t for me?

(Ron) #94

@Regina. I hope it wasn’t because of my post about your statement. It was not against you but totally with you as I explained in a follow up post.:pensive:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #95

Sorry - over sensitive.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #96

Just hate the occasional “keto dictators” on this site.

(Chris W) #97

The urine tests don’t tell you your level ketosis, they tell you what the excess you body is getting ride or bleeding off. Having a color is the correct result. Ketones and weight loss are not bed fellows, ketones are the byproduct of breaking apart fat(be it body or ingested) to make energy, the ketones are an alternate form of energy. They aid in fat adaption and have some therapeutic use besides seemingly being prefer by your brain.
Low ketones on urine strip could be because your body is using them, or they are low, or they are being converted to the next level of ketone BHB which is what your brain likes. Don’t chase the ketones it will only serve make things worse.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #98

We all are on a personal journey. And I love most posters on this site. You have been great, I have had gains from Keto . If you have read my posts, even in the early days never turned the pee sticks pink. Guess I will take the gains over the pee sticks. Just can’t handle the keto extremists. You’ve talked me into staying.

(Sarah Bruhn) #99

Pink is fine, it’s not the darker the better with pee strips. Some people just use most of the ketones they produce so there isn’t a lot hanging around. Any version of ketones on the strip means yes to ketones… yay success!
Sorry this has been too much info, some people have to go to extreames to get their best outcome and people are just trying to help, but you are actually in ketosis… you have done it! let that sink in. YOU ARE DOING GREAT!

(Sarah Bruhn) #100

When people suggest something extreame, it’s because that is what worked for them, for various reasons and for what their person health issue and goal is. I tend to say thank you and move on :slight_smile: I’m going to say it again. You are in ketosis, you are doing great.

(Maxwell) #101

The name of the guy I referenced is Dr. Shawn Baker. I have listened to him on several podcasts, but the podcast where he gives the results of his Blood tests is The Paleo Solution / episode 385. (I don’t eat Paleo, but I was listening specifically for Dr. Shawn Baker.)

His Blood Profile is spectacular, but even the interviewer asked him to explain why the Fasting Glucose was in the higher range. Dr. Baker offered several possible reasons, however his Fasting INSULIN was right where it was supposed to be.

And, he said that is 2 hour Postprandial Glucose goes down to the 80’s. It’s only the AM glucose that is slightly elevated.

And, he is truly very insulin sensitive.

I heard Megan Ramos say that Red Meat will produce an Glucose response but NOT much of an insulin response. When you eat Red Meat your Glucose doesn’t spike through the roof, but it does edge up a bit.

From listening to Dr. Fung’s book “The Diabetes Code”, I know the over-production Insulin is the toxin – so if Dr. Shawn Baker’s Fasting Glucose is slightly higher – that result is offset by the Fasting INSULIN staying in range.

The cornerstone of this whole thing is the INSULIN. Usually the Fasting Glucose will reflect the Fasting Insulin, but apparently not with Red Meat.

But I cannot figure out exactly why his Glucose ticks up but the insulin doesn’t – it’s driving me nuts.