8 month weight loss Stall - HELP

Are you eating Keto snacks in between your main meals? If so, stop doing that. Are you eating enough healthy fat? Are you tracking (writing down what you eat at each meal) . I use a macro app to help me with that. You might be eating more carbs than you think. It sounds like you are still insulin resistance. Every time you eat you spike insulin no matter what you eat. You may also be like those who can’t use sweetners.

I’m not an expert but I would rule out all medical conditions with an endo. Have your hormones checked and I would also maybe limit calories slightly and do exercise that doesn’t increase cortisol like walking, yoga or swimming.

I would also do the process of elimination which is something I’m about to do. Limit cheese and possibly dairy. And if that doesn’t work then get rid of the sugar substitutes.

Also make sure you have no nutritional difficiencies and work on these. I’ve also heard upping your calories is a good way to stall weight loss just one day having a cheat day and seeing if that helps you. I’m not sure if this works but I may try it to see if the Woosh effect is real.

(Jennibc) #23

Tests from the doctor may be worthless as it turns out. I was listening to something the other night that shed some light on it. They are looking for the wrong things. Wish I could remember which podcast it was, but fasting glucose doesn’t give you the whole picture but they don’t order insulin levels or the further test if your fasting is ‘normal’. But you can eat something and an hour later your blood sugar can jump up to 200 and your body has to pump out insulin to bring it back to normal.

(Jennibc) #24

You may have to give up the ‘sweets’ - some of us can’t do them sadly. Our bodies still release insulin when we get that taste of sweet. Like Pavlov’s dog’s perhaps?