8 days in and bloated?

conversationstarters
newbies
food

(Ana Goitia) #1

Hi everyone! So, today is my 8th day on Keto. I’ve been sticking to it and I’ve been feeling amazing, full of energy, with a very clear mind ( you know, no fuzzy head feelings) and I’ve been feeling super light. This morning, however, I woke up feeling a bit bloated in general. I don’t feel as comfortable in my clothes as I was feeling last week, I don’t feel heavy but I don’t feel as light as I was feeling.

I’ll share with you what I’ve been eating:

For breakfast: I’m usually having either turkey breast with lettuce and cream cheese rolls, or eggs and bacon / eggs and turkey breast cooked with olive oil and sometimes I add either cream cheese or mozzarella or avocado. Sometimes I have coffee with stevia or matcha with stevia. Or a no carbs no sugar protein shake. I’ve had keto pancakes ( with protein powder, 1 egg, cream cheese, butter and topped with a full spoon of almond cream)
Snacks: I usually have a spoon of almond cream, or a couple slices of pepperoni, almonds or cashew nuts or celery with some ranch or sour cream.
Lunch: chicken / salmon / tuna / meat with either: avocado, celery, mushrooms, celery, spinach, broccoli. This is usually in some for of grilled dish or soup.
Dinner: Lunch left overs or turkey breast rolls filled with celery topped with half a spoon of sour cream, half a spoon of tomato sauce and a bit of ashed goat cheese. Sometimes i have a craving for something sweet i have a glass of lactose free milk with cocoa powder and stevia.
I try to drink 2Lt. of water a day, but to be honest sometimes I drink 1.5Lts or just .
I try to at least walk around the park twice a week)

As far as I know maybe my mistake is not enough water? I feel a little paranoid about the food part, I’m concern I’m doing things wrong with my food intake.

i didn’t weigh myself when I started and I haven’t had track of weight and measurements because my first focus was to feel good and energetic. I do have to lose around 33 pounds ( 15KGS). But today I feel yucky. I’ll start tracking my weight this week tho.

This may not be what you’re experiencing at all but when I did Atkins 15 years ago about a week or two in I developed a HUGE bloated belly! It wasn’t gas and it wasn’t painful, but I literally could not fit into any of my clothes and had to run out to the store to find a loose dress (and I hardly ever wear dresses) so that I could get to the office. It lasted maybe a week or so (long time ago so not sure) and I think what I chalked it up to was some sort of bacterial or yeast die-off in my gut.

It hasn’t happened to me this time (yet) but I remember the horror of being meticulous in my eating and not being able to fit into my clothes!

Good luck finding the cause and getting rid of it!
Sue

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

Too much dairy can cause bloating. You might want to try omitting the dairy and see if that helps. don’t forget the whey protein powder. It casue bloating in lots of folks keto or not.

Also water and electolytes should always be a focus.

Hope you sort it out quickly.

(Ana Goitia) #4

I think something bacterial could definitely be the answer. I’ll get a detox treatment soon and see if that works. I feel better today. I also definitely feel a bit dehydrated so I’ll be taking care of that too and see how the next weeks go. Thank you!!

(Ana Goitia) #5

All the dairy I eat is lactose free, but I’ll try cutting it down a bit, thank you!