70% Fat 20% Protein and 10% Carbs

(Lonnie Hedley) #23

You go girl!!!

(Running from stupidity) #24

Not sure what that means, but anyway - did you even read what I wrote before you went off?

(Running from stupidity) #26

Learn to read whole sentences and not just selectively misquote and then attack people on that basis.

Here’s what I ACTUALLY wrote.

Which vegetables? This is terrible advice if there were no details attached.

See that “if there were no details attached” bit? That’s called a caveat. That gives you the opportunity to tell us what was ACTUALLY said, rather than what you wrote initially, which, as I said, is terrible advice if there were no details attached. Which, once you decided to tell us the whole story, it appears there were. How about that.

You need salt!!! (:

NOT table salt.
Use sea salt or Himalayan salt.

Worst case scenario just do a small spoonful of it…
it cuts the headaches out as well as dizziness if you’re feeling that.

(Lonnie Hedley) #28

I use Redmond’s real salt personally, but what is your reasoning behind not using table salt? It provides both sodium, and iodine.

(Dawn) #29

Thanks for the advice for headaches! I increased my salt intake. It’s kind of hard to get past that mental block when all you hear is that salt causes high blood pressure. Sure enough I haven’t had a headache I started adding salt (Himalayan sea salt) to my ACV /lemon water in the AM. It’s amazing!! Also stopped cramping calf muscles :slight_smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #30

An adequate sodium level also prevents constipation, as well. Amazing, isn’t it?

Of course, muscle cramping is far more serious (especially when the muscle in question is the hear), but Dr. Phinney in one of his lectures tells about advising a friend to get more salt to cure his constipation. Apparently, the friend came back and told him, “I thought you were full of [spoiler]shit[/spoiler], but I tried it, and it worked!” :smiley:

(Running from stupidity) #31

Maybe he had been, and thus discovered the cure :slight_smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #32

@juice There are not enough likes in the world. I say you win the Internet today! :+1:

(Raj Seth) #34

Hmmmm I had thought that whole “vegetables for micronutrients “ spiel was bull puckey- but that was based on anecdotal noise not science. Please do share any science JT shares with you about that. I would like to learn from a meaningful source.

(Janelle) #35

There are several “keto practitioners” people follow. I follow Dr. Westman’s protocol which calls for 2 cups of leafy greens and 1 cup of lower carb veggies. I find I can stay within my 20 whole carbs per day much easier this way.

That cracks me up, every time I see it :grinning: :grinning:

(Dawn) #37

What are your thoughts on Himalayan sea salt? The good, the bad and the ugly.

My thoughts… … … … I’m wondering what it would be like, to be laying on the beach in the Himalayas!

(Bulldog Fitness) #40

How are you hitting them macro’s? even with fat bombs ect my protein is so much higher.

(Running from stupidity) #41

I like it, but I don’t pretend it’s any better for me than other salt.

(Carpe salata!) #42

Hey Mic, Don’t diss the placebo effect.

My Himalayan salt lamp really expands my chakras . I love it.

(Running from stupidity) #43

Thanks Gwenyth.

(bulkbiker) #44

Stop sitting on it?

LOL