6 months in

(Lisa) #1

I started keto on January 15, 2019, I started at 187 lbs and now I’m at 157 lbs, so that is an average of 5 lbs a month and to me that’s a great weight loss time frame. I would like to get to 150 and I would be thrilled, but those last few pounds can be a little more difficult, but, I’m not worried about it. I have never felt better and I will never go back to the SAD. I will Incorporate more fasting and see if it helps with those last few pounds, but I’m certainly not worried about it.
Keto has leveled my moods, my aches and pains are gone, I have more energy, all my old clothes were literally falling off me, I have less hair falling out, and overall I feel like a new person.
I eat keto 99.99% of the time, and have had a few indulgences here and there, and nary a one ever kicked me out of ketosis. Those indulgent episodes also reminded me why keto is my new way of life. There is nothing like feeling horrible the next day, it also helps remind me that long term health is better than fleeting pleasure.
A reminder to everyone starting out, it took time to put on the weight, it will take time to take it off. Be patient and trust the process, trust the science. I would lose and then stall for 4-6 weeks, lose, stall, lose stall. It was like my body needed time to adjust and reset. The scale is not the be all and end all to success on keto, don’t overlook the NSV, those are just as important if not more important than a number on a scale. I’m looking forward to the next 6 months.

Great work, Lisa!! I loved reading your story.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

Great work Lisa. Be sure and join in on the maintenance thread :slight_smile:JULY 2019 Weight Maintenance Check In

(Jason ) #4

Thanks for sharing, Lisa. I have just set a goal and timeframe, and reading your story is inspiring. The best part is that you are grading yourself by how you feel, and not necessarily the number on the scale. Great mindset!

(Susan) #5

That is awesome, Lisa, congrats! It is great to read about more Keto victories =).