6 Months in and 20# to go

(Joe Potter) #1

Hey there everyone !!!

So here’s my story. 53 yrs old, and I’ve been overweight for the last 18 years. I’ve been trying to lose it for the past 15y . I have often lost weight, 15-20 # in the summer, then put it right back on in the winter. I tried all my doc’s advice . “ just push a little harder in your work outs “ ,“ eat less calories, its a question of in calories out “ ,“track your calories with an app” etc…… Nothing worked. At the end of last year, he told me that I needed to go on a BP med, and probably a Statin because I was at 160/110, and with my family history of heart disease, this was a problem. I was feeling terrible. By then, I had developed sleep apnea, my asthma was out of control, debilitating Sciatica pain, I had anxiety, I had been on Nexium for 10 y, and my stress level was through the roof, and to top that all off - brain fog - “what’s your name? …actually what ‘s my name?” In short, I was completely miserable. F’d.

Just after Christmas, a friend I’ve known for the last 20 years shared with me that he was losing his sight due to untreated Diabetes. At the same time, my mom is losing her mind quickly with the ravages of dementia. It scared me, still scares me. Either of these outcomes could be me, maybe both. In looking for options, any option…I came across a YouTube video on Keto, and thought “why not, I’ve tried everything else?” 1.1.2019 I dove deep into YouTube . And to my complete amazement, it started working almost immediately.

Here is my last 6 years of recorded weight. Can you guess where I started Keto?

The weight came off quickly as it does with many the first 2 months, 30#. Now more slowly, but it still comes off. At some point, I implemented IF16/8. I have run into many plateaus, and the Keto Flu, and not being able to sleep when I first started, occasional constipation, and leg cramps…… At every issue, I just consult YouTube, then do what the Keto oracles say to do, and it then it just works.

At this point, 42# lost in 6 months, with 20# to go I have a BP of 110/64, no acid reflux, no sleep apnea, no anxiety, sleep like a baby, 95% less Sciatica pain, no brain fog…. and happier, so much happier, its unreal. Oddly, this idea keeps rolling around in my brain - that being “ I wish I knew about this 15 years ago!! “ but I am where I am and I’m good with it.

More recently I’ve been binging on the 2Keto dudes, how great are they right??? Binging on it big time. Spread the word folks, once you live this, it’s a must to get the word out. You could save someones sight, someones mind, someones life - you can do that by simply sharing what you know.

Cheers!!!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Congrats on your success Joe, well done. You look like a new man. :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #3

Totally amazing! Well done you😊

(Marianne) #4

Wow; what a transformation! You’re story is very relatable - and I am sharing the benefits you listed. I, too, wish I had found this years ago. So thankful, however, that I did eventually find it. What a blessing it’s been.

Wow - this is an incredible change (and in so little time!). You look like a different person! Are there acquaintances who don’t recognize you?

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story. Very inspiring!!!

(Joe Potter) #6

thanks I feel like one too

(Joe Potter) #7

thanks Jacqueline

(Joe Potter) #8

I’m surprised by the timeframe of the weight loss also, it went quick at first now more like a couple pounds a week. its not really the weight loss that is driving me. its about the health impact, I guess the weight is a definite plus, but its feeling so much better that is amazing and tells me this is the way Im doing things forevermore. I just don’t understand how doctors and the standard recommendations could be so wrong for so long?

Yes! It’s kind of nuts…

(Charlotte) #10

If you started 1.01.2019 then it’s only been 5 months, not 6… Even better! Congrats! :tada::tada: You look great! I’m so happy for you! It feels great to have such success and your goal in hand.

(Joe Potter) #11

thanks Luckymisslucy ! I really appreciate that. I’m taking a day at a time, and 5# goals.

That’s the best way to do it. Takes a lot of pressure off!

(Joe Potter) #13

Yes agreed, it’s a journey.

(Ginger West) #14

Good for you! So great hearing these successful health outcomes and of course, on a shallow note, you look great!

(Jason Arnold) #15

Congratulations on all of your progress Joe! Amazing transformation. Do you have “staple” meals that you tend to eat on the regular, during your feeding window? Just looking for ideas if you feel like sharing. Thanks and all the best to you! -Jason

(NADIA GOODMAN) #16

Brilliant… you tube videos has been my guide too! Love your story…
I am 62 and it has definitely given me a new lease of life!

(Joe Potter) #17

You are too kind, thank you

(Joe Potter) #18

Aren’t they great i’m driving my wife absolutely nuts but she did go keto… small wins

(Joe Potter) #19

Thank you, that’s very kind. I typically eat a salad for lunch, which consists of greens 3-4 cups or power greens from costco, celery, hard boiled egg, a bit of bell pepper, feta cheese, 2-3 asparagus, green onions my own salad dressing with avocado mayo + spices , mustard or siracha + 5 oz of some type of fish usually … or instead skip all that and go bacon 4 thick slices and 3 eggs, and some cheese. Dinner is protein + veggies .

(Jason Arnold) #20

Thank you Joe! Appreciate the reply and info. -Jason