6.5 mile run, fasted!

I have been adhering to the Keto WOE since October 2016 and have lost 71 lbs as of today. During this time (actually a little before Keto), I started exercising with c25k. Today I completed my longest run ever of 6.5 miles (at 18 hrs into IF) and I am so happy. I never would have thought I could get to this place when I was close to 300lbs and miserable. I am registered for a half marathon in May and now it is seeming possible! Woo hoo!

(Keto in Katy) #2

That is an amazing accomplishment - congrats! You must feel great.

(Jaidann) #3

Congratulations! So happy for you!:clap:

(Julie Anderson) #4

Awesome progress!!!

Julie

(James Studdart) #5

I’m also registered for a half marathon at the end of May, and I did 6miles while fasting today :slight_smile:
Think i’ll have a rest day tomorrow and then aim for 9miles on Friday.
Its tough but before keto I couldn’t even run a bath without almost dying :slight_smile:

(David) #6

Well done. That’s an amazing achievement. I started a c25k but didn’t finish it. You make me want to start week one again!

I’m up to 10 miles now! I actually can honestly say I enjoy it too, the old me would have never believed it!

(James Studdart) #8

I have to listen to podcasts and audio books while I run.
I can’t listen to music as I concentrate too much on my breathing and running and it all goes to pot.
I only did 6miles on Friday because I got up late and needed to be back to look after the kids before we went out drier shopping :frowning: