5 months solid

(Sammy J Shuford) #1

Fasting glucose was 96 this morning. When I started it was in the 150’s

(Jane) #2

Excellent!!! You must feel amazing and proud for reversing your diabetes through your diet.

(Jane) #3

I wish more doctors would tell their patients they have an option over meds - even if most would choose the meds so they can keep eating their bread, potatoes, pasta and sweets.

My neighbor just progressed from metformin to daily insulin shots. She refuses to give up her bread and sugar and that is her choice. But if more heard it from a white coat (instead of an internet search) that keto works they might be willing to give it a try. I never criticize her diet choices or talk about keto but I did have her and her husband over for a keto meal several years ago to see how delicious it can be. Her husband enjoyed it but she didn’t so I tried. :woman_shrugging:

I know some doctors are coming around but it is still a tiny minority.

(KM) #4

Absolutely. The other day I was talking with a neighbor I ran into at a pop-up fair and food court. I said I was keto, it was hard finding stuff to eat here. She said, ‘oh, that’s just trendy eating, once you hit my age there’s really nothing you can do about it.’ Except … I’m standing right in front of her, we’re the same height and the same age, but she’s packing an extra 50+ pounds. I think she needs to hear the message that there IS something you can do about it from “someone in charge”, or at least it couldn’t hurt!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Nice going, Sammy! :+1: