5.5 Pounds

(Chris) #21

Well, I very much look forward to your feature, I really, really enjoyed her pilot episode!

(Erin Macfarland ) #22

She’s great isn’t she?? We’ve “known” each other from this forum for a while, it was an honor to be asked. I think people will go away with some really thought provoking information. That’s my hope at least :wink:

(VLC.MD) #23

Congrats on doing so well. KCKO !

Does your brain work better on Ketones ?
Has ketosis changed your relationship with food ?
Looking forward to your podcast !

(Erin Macfarland ) #24

My story is a long one, but to boil it down a bit I started keto a few years ago when I unknowingly had already triggered my eating disorder after losing weight quickly after my second child was born. I was keto all during my illness, and it caused me to lose additional weight, and I was also engaging in high levels of activity, running and weight lifting. Keto did not cause my disorder, it just happened to be what I followed during that time. I had no idea I was sick. I felt amazing though and experienced a lot of positive benefits that included greater mental clarity, blood sugar control and lowered inflammation. However I had to stop keto twice to regain weight because I was dangerously lean- I got to 6% body fat which is great if you’re a male body builder but not so much for a female. So I’m modifying my approach to keto now after I have been in recovery for six months to something that I can do indefinitely because keto helps more than anything with my depression, energy, satiation and hormones. I hope you’ll listen when my podcast airs!

(Doug) #25

I knew an old boy who had been a cook in a restaurant, and his method was to put some olive oil in a skillet, get it hot, pour a little pyramid or cone of salt in the middle of the oil, then cook the meat right there, flipping it over one time.

(VLC.MD) #26

Can’t wait !

I think Ketosis and Anorexia is an interesting and very complicated topic.

Is there a guess for the podcast date ? This year ? 2018 ?

(Erin Macfarland ) #27

Should be soon, within a few weeks I think. It is a fascinating topic, because most people think anorexia is something someone “chooses” to have because they have control issues or are vain or that it only affects young, thin white girls. None of those are true. And there is very little information out there regarding keto and anorexia. So I want to address that and clear up misunderstandings.

(VLC.MD) #28

Is alcoholism beyond someone’s control ? Quite often.
Is anorexia a choice ? Never. If someone chooses to be anorexic, the diagnosis isn’t anorexia.

I’ll save my anorexia questions for post podcast :slight_smile:

(Erin Macfarland ) #29

I guess I’m glad to hear there is interest in this topic…I keep thinking, who wants to listen to my story?? I just want to help as many people as I can!

(Doug) #30

Well heck yes, Erin. What better than to understand ourselves as individuals, and as a race?

(Erin Macfarland ) #31

Agreed!! :smiley: