40 pounds in 3 months

(David Jackson) #1

I’m 43 years old and 5’7” tall on a good day! My goal was 50 pounds. Then I modified it to 55. Now my goal is 60 pounds lost. Then on to a maintenance plan. I started off at 226. Today is officially the 40# mark. And yes. I’ve had some wonderfully sinful cheat days in there as well. Several pints of Ben and Jerry’s, a day at the state fair, etc.

But each time i fuck myself up with tasty tasty food, I start anew the next. I’ve only really ever experienced significant weight gain one time, so I’m guessing that was pretty fortunate!

I’ve tried diet and exercise in the past, usually combining rigorous amounts of bicycling and eating all the “right” foods.
I’m not exercising right now, but I’m down 40# in three months and am super stoked. This way of eating is truly making a positive change in my physique. And folks are noticing. Which is embarrassing.

I put on a pair of my favorite jeans (size 34) last week. I haven’t worn them in like 4 years or so. My kids mentioned how “skinny” my legs are. Today, I’m having to cinch up my belt, and am going try on the pair one size smaller (33) when I get home from work, as I’m noticing a little saggy bottom thing going on. (Surprise! They fit too, but a little snug)

I started this journey the last week of May and am the lightest I’ve weighed in recent memory. When asked how I’m doing it, though, I’m still met with such skepticism. I’m amazed at how far people will excuse themselves away from good health. I’m wishing I had logged this journey vie YouTube, to share my success in real time, but such is life.
Included are my before and after. (Rather, “After” and “Before”. Only 20# more to lose I think, and I’ll be in good enough shape to resume playing hockey.
Anyhow, folks, I’m having a good day and I hope you are also!

Isn’t that the truth.

Congratulations on how far you’ve come. It is weird to have people comment on it. I had my daughter’s orthodontist’s receptionist ask if I was sick because I have lost “so much weight.” Seriously? I guess she was concerned, but that is just odd to ask. I don’t really know you except for 2 minute exchanges every 6 weeks lady. No I am not sick, I was just fat! (Still am, frankly, but getting there.)

You look great! And it sounds like you feel great, which is really the end-game right? Good for you!

(David Jackson) #3

Thanks! I appreciate the confidence booster.

I do look a bit better and yes folks are noticing. Mostly my teammates and fellow coaches, but more importantly my kids. I’m no longer chewing on the insides of my cheeks when I eat. So that’s a plus.

I’ve found a new pain though. Which might not be related but the timing is coincidental. My shoulders are tender. Not quite lactic acid pain, more like over stretched pain. It limits my range of motion a bit and I have to spend more time stretching to work it out. I wonder if I’ve lost some padding that would normally have created a pillow effect? I am a side sleeper and the arm goes under the pillow, of course.

Anyhow. Thanks again for the compliment!

KCKO

(Liz) #4

Wow…you look great and have obviously found what works for you, congrats and best wishes for the pounds you still want gone.
It is tough when someone compliments you and asks how you have lost so much weight but then won’t accept it as a valid way of eating. I have had great success with keto and am in it for life, 48lbs down since I came back to keto in April.
The important thing is you feel better as well as looking good!
Keto on :clap::handshake::grinning:

(Marianne) #5

Agreed; some people have no filter - or sense.

Ha, ha! Fat has pretty much become the norm.

(Susan) #6

This should not make you embarrassed, this should make you proud and feel great!

Congrats on your weight loss and best wishes for the rest of your journey, and the remainder 20 pounds.

(Stephanie ) #7

Hell yea, that’s amazing!!! Congratulations on your weight loss :grinning:

(David Jackson) #8

Thanks! It’s a fun ride

(KetoQ) #9

Good weight loss. Better beard!

(David Jackson) #10

Thanks!!

(Jill F.) #11

Looks like you found some abs! I remember the 1st pic I took when I found mine. What a great feeling! I have people do a double take when they see me these days, I love it! Congrats!!!

(mole person) #12

Looking good!!! Amazing losses! Congratulations.

(David Jackson) #13

There’s something trying to peek out. Maybe they’ll show themselves after 20 more pounds lost.

Thanks for the boost of confidence

(Mary Folse) #14

Thanks for the update. I’m starting AGAIN…I’m hopeful and need these posts.