4 Phase Fat Loss Diet

(Tom) #1

One of my friends liked a thing called “4 Phase Fat Loss” on Facebook. I thought those of you who recognise the “Show me the Science” of 2KetoDudes would appreciate it. The plan seems to be a confused version of low carb high fat - confused as it talks about lean meat in the same breath as healthy fat, and of course they’re also trying to sell you something. The secret weapon? Support Drops. What’s in this snake oil you might ask? Well, here’s the FAQ:

The homeopathic Support Drops formula is non steroidal and remains closed and of private dominion. However, dissected molecular components are used along with several vibrational remedy techniques in a sequential combination to establish the link with appropriate messaging frequencies. It is a complex process and the methodology will not be revealed nor the harmonics in the homaccord. Other ingredients include: l-carnitine, ornithine and arginine.

I can hear @carl and @richard shouting SHOW ME THE SCIENCE! :slight_smile:

(Karen) #2

I think I’ve heard of these ,3 in connection to helping your heart and clogged arteries.

K

(Dan Dan) #3

These are fatloss supplements that work while fasting and has been around a long time and can be very expensive. Beware of scams who charge outrageous prices for special formulas do your home work.

Example of cost for 30-60 day supply links below:
Nova Nutritions L-Carnitine 1000 mg Tablets, 120 Ct (2-4 per day) $15.39
Best Naturals Tri-Amino with L-Arginine, L-Ornithine, L-Lysine 120 Tablets (2-4 per day) $11.48
Best Naturals Acetyl L-Carnitine 1000mg Capsules, 60 Ct (1-2 per day) $13.57

I have used them in the past and they worked for me but my diet was not IF/EF Keto (fat adapted) so I had a hard time sticking to it. I might have some in my hoard of supplements if I do I will try them again now that my fasting muscles are ripped :crazy_face::muscle:

"While the evidence so far isn’t strong enough to show they’re powerful fat burners, they may help you lose weight, especially if you take arginine together with ornithine or lysine. Stay safe and talk to your doctor before taking supplements. Arginine interacts with some medications and may not be safe if you’re pregnant, have low blood pressure, liver disease or kidney disease. Lysine must be available for the body to synthesize another amino acid called carnitine. "

“One strategy I found to work well for both fat loss and performance is to take 2-3 doses of acetyl-L-carnitine with other fat-burning ingredients without food between meals, and to take 1 dose of L-carnitine or L-carnitine L-tartrate with a post-workout meal.”

https://www.livestrong.com/article/291471-arginine-ornithine-lysine-weight-loss/

(Tom) #4

Wow crikey, thanks. Interesting stuff!

I was actually taking the piss out of the homeopathic nonsense, and wasn’t expecting serious replies. Appreciate the effort you went to. Sounds like they’ve taken a hint of science and added a load of mumbo jumbo to it!

For my part I’m successfully applying lazy Keto with no supplementation (other than electrolytes when I run) or other weird stuff. So far so good, keep ketoing on!

(Rob) #5

That’s how all the good scams work!

(icky) #6

Thank you Tommy - I got a big laugh out of this :joy:

(Karen) #7

L Argenine supplementation may help increase NO and clear out existing plaque.

K

(Dan Dan) #8

LOL :rofl::rofl::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Guess what A Ketogenic diet provides more l-carnitine, ornithine and arginine plus many other nutrients that burn fat. And IF/EF Keto is preferable to a calorie restriced diet and expensive supliments.

(Jan) #9

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Bunny) #10

Yet hormonal :rofl: human chorionic gonadotropin (a hormone secreted when pregnant).

The let’s play with our hormones diet so we can mess up our body even more :crazy_face: solution?

Let’s put this in a centrifuge and spin it around and then agitate it ultrasonically with l-carnitine, ornithine and arginine so they burn fat and gain it all back again? That’s the ticket?

(Tom) #11

Homeopathic though. So put some water in a centrifuge that once held those things and rely on the memory of those ingredients passing on. Or something. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: