3 weeks ketogenic with watery stools daily

(Kellyn ) #1

Anyone else on the Ketogenic diet having watery stools everyday? I’m just not able to figure out why this is happening. It seems to happen every afternoon for 30 minutes to an hour. I started eating Chia pudding, but it has not helped.

Seriously, when do the "runs" stop?

Can you tell us more about what you eat, any supplements or medications, electrolytes, and have you had your gallbladder removed?

(Kellyn ) #3

I have my gallbladder. coffee with butter, salt, and truvia in the morning. Knorr bullion cube broth mid day. Meat and salad lunch or Bacon, Eggs, and cheese. Chia seed pudding made with coconut milk, HWC, Truvia, and PB2. meat and broccoli for dinner.

(Kellyn ) #4

come to think about it, it gets worse when I have something with Swerve in it.

PB2 is that powdered peanut butter?

(Kellyn ) #6

yes

And you could tolerate it before going keto?

(Jennifer) #8

Chia seeds tend to clear me out, especially if I eat a lot of them. You might want to eliminate a few things till you stabilize and then add them back one at a time.

(Cathrine Helle) #9

It could perhaps be the sweetener? I react with digestive issues to most of them :confused: Hope you find your culprit :slight_smile:

(Kellyn ) #10

yes

(Kellyn ) #11

thank you.

(Kellyn ) #12

thank you. I will eliminate the HWC, coconut milk, and chia seeds for now and see how that goes.

(Kellyn ) #13

Swerve too.

(John) #14

Not really sure what fixed it, and it still happens occasionally, but I had this for the first couple months on keto. So weird. It could be solid, borderline constipated and then 15 minutes later i’m making a run for it and it is all liquid. If could change from minute to minute, day to day. I attribute it to my gut no longer getting the 500-1000g of carbs I was giving it every day but who knows.

FYI just after that phase I went into a super regular phase, by that I mean that before my BPC in the morning I wouldn’t have to go at all, within 30 minutes I would go twice, every single day. Now I am mostly normal unless I eat something that angers the demons.

(Brad Sampson) #15

I had the same issue in my week 3, only lasted for 4 days but it was pretty intense and about the same time of afternoon each day. I attributed it to the start of myself taking a multivitamin and 2 magnesium tablets as my food intake had not changed, after backing off on the MV and mag tablets, I have not had this issue again, fingers crossed.

(Andrew Anderson) #16

Early in my Keto experience I thought I would not be able to leave the house. The gusher syndrome past. I backed off of magnesium and mct for a few days. I took a probiotic. No clue if the probiotics helped but pardon the pun… everything worked it self out eventually.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #17

Some people to have issues when starting Keto. I’ve heard somewhere that it usually sorts itself out, but can take up to 12 weeks.

Here’s another post discussing issues:

(Kellyn ) #18

I bought some probiotics that I am going to start today. I am also eliminating chia seeds, coconut milk, and HWC. Truvia never bothered me before, so I will continue with that sweetner. Thanks everyone for your advise. :blush:

(Kellyn ) #19

I figured out what was causing my issues. MSG! I was drinking water and Knorr bullion cubes everyday. The MSG messed by stomach up. I stopped drinking bullion cubes and made my own bone broth. No more running to the bathroom. Thank you all for your help.

(Diane) #20

I have been having the same problem on and off and can’t figure out what’s doing it. At first I thought it was because I don’t have a gallbladder. But it’s not fat because it doesn’t happen every day. I had a bad bout last week after a big salad at Subway. Maybe it’s msg. Some thing to keep an eye on. I was reading that MSG and it’s variants are often on labels under a bunch of different names. Sneaky! http://www.businessinsider.com/msg-goes-by-many-different-names-2016-1