3 Weeks In, Not Too Impressed, Ready to Give Up

(TJ Borden) #61

The internet… duh…:rofl:

(Robert Hollinger) #62

Was your glucose and A1C high before you started? because after 6 weeks that should have come down quite a bit. also are you taking body measurements?

(Miss E) #63

To me it’s less so about not working, moreso about how it’s working. I think sometimes men put weight on for more simple reasons than women (yes I’m generalising) like they reduce their exercise or increase alcohol or treats etc whereas for women I think stress, hormones, emotions and environment often play a bigger part. I think keto works on those things too and sometimes puts them before aesthetic weight loss.

Hey @JLM79! I am reading this today, wondering if you’ve seen any change in how you’re feeling since posting? You said you had just hit 6!weeks…I’m 6 weeks yesterday and was feeling pretty good yesterday and pretty steady energy/mood until about 6:30 9m then I got all “hangry”. Felt plenty of brain fog today and energy was on and off, but yesterday was an improvement so hoping I’m moving in the right direction! Hopefully you are too!?

(Jess) #65

Hi! No, I’m not noticing too many more changes. We are now week 7, day 3. Today, I’m down 9 lbs from day one. My clothes still (unfortunately) fit the same, no change I body shape. I’m feeling tired. I had great hopes that I was going to suddenly see a whoosh of great weight loss and energy in week six, as had been suggested would happen. I haven’t ever cheated or felt the need, so there is that, LOL. My husband has lost two pants sizes and over 30 lbs. He has high blood pressure previously and is now able to be off that medication.

(Jess) #66

I feel the brain fog, too!

(Trish) #67

@Carolus_Holman holy cow batman! What a transition. I would say more but don’t want to be accused of objectifying you. :blush:

Aww, bummer! I guess we have to be patient. I have heard repeatedly that things can often move much more quickly for men. That is great news about your husband!

It’s hard when you’re being strict and trying to be patient yet nothing. Hang in there!! Keep me posted , I’m just 1 week behind you :blush:

(Jay AM) #69

Weeks 6-8 are only the magic weeks for some people. Others experience longer time to fat adaptation. Right now, you’ve lost over a pound a week and that’s better than losing nothing. How are you tracking a body shape change? If you are feeling tired, double check that you’re getting enough electrolytes. Especially sodium.

And, don’t even waste mental energy comparing yourself to your husband. Men always lose quicker than women. The joke is a man could look at a stick of celery and lose 20 lbs and a woman would gain 5 lbs. Your body is yours and it will change when everything else in in place for it to do so.

If you are trying to just look in a mirror to see changes, don’t. Most people can’t see changes in themselves nor can people close to them. Take real measurements and pictures.

(Michele) #70

I was impatient in the beginning too. Weighing myself every day and wanting to see the reward of the number on the scale.
Today is day 215 which is almost 31 weeks and over 7 months. Time has passed both slowly (when I weighed myself every day) and now goes more quickly (no longer weight myself even weekly).
I have lost 15-16 kg/33lbs. I can see the loss in the mirror and especially in certain clothes. It’s quite a remarkable transformation yet I still have further to go as I’m still 40% fat. What I’m noticing though is how much lighter I feel in my body. My thighs don’t chaff like they did for years (not ever expecting a thigh gap though). If I plateau here for a while I won’t worry. Keto for 7 months has rewarded me in ways I probably cannot count. It takes time, patience and one step in front of the other (figuratively speaking). One day I sat down and worked out how much weight I put on each day when I went from 70kg to 104kg I think at the time it was about 15g a day. Which means it took me 6 years to put on 34kg give or take. At one stage I worked out I was losing 71g of fat per day while keto. I stopped worrying about things when I worked those numbers out.

(Jess) #71

I had to break up with the scale this morning. The daily weigh ins are too depressing. While I have never gone back up to my starting weight, the Keto weight lose has been a roller coaster. I started out with a goal to lose 45 lbs. I need to feel good and have at least one outfit that looks nice. I can’t keep buying new clothes when the ones I have are too small.

I started using the Carb Manager App last month here is my weight measurement since I started using it on Match 19th.

Holy Weight Loss Batman! When was the first picture taken?
My goodness, that doesn’t even look like you!
Okay…maybe the nose…but that’s about it!

Cheers,
Jeff

I’m in week six and dealing with brain fog and bouts of tiredness here and there. Glad to know I’m not the only one! What are you all doing to combat?

(Rebecca ) #74

Jess…so you know, this is the same scenario in my household. It’s hard to stay the course, but I know this will eventually pan out. Hard not to be depressed around husband though. I get it.

(the cheater) #75

Holy jeez - 22 weigh ins in under a month? Yes, you need to break up with the scale! lol Maybe once every two weeks or so :slight_smile:

I completely agree. And potassium. Those completely changed things around for me.

(Jess) #77

I have before pictures and nothing is different. My clothes still fit the same. I stopped weighing myself everyday. I weighed once this week and am down 8 lbs. This is the end of week 8. I have used my elliptical 3x week and hope that will also help drop some lbs. very proud of my hubby, but I do wish I could lose half as fast as he does, LOL. I had blood work done a couple weeks ago. My potassium and magnesium levels were good. Folate and B12 are a bit high and I had a positive thyroid antibody test. Will have thyroid testing done again in a year, no meds yet. I suspect the thyroid deal and peri menopause can be behind fatigue and slow weight loss, too?

(cheryl) #78

Thank you Virginia, I have only been on keto for about 7 weeks and needed to read your words !!

(M C) #79

I had a similiar experience early on J. My hubby lost 20lbs his first month I lost 4. It’s been a year and I have lost 100lbs now. Keep at it. KCKO really is the best advice.

(Doug) #80

:sunglasses::rainbow: Great comment, MC, and congratulations - wow!