3 months in

Alright I’m back down to 147, going to KCKO and thanks @LizinLowell for sharing your non-linear weight loss, that’s super helpful! If I can pick your brain a bit more, what are your go-to meals/what do you eat in a day? Do you get creative or stick with staples? My favourite meal right now is a loaded salad, and I still eat bacon and eggs often. Just curious which things have been helpful for you. And do you still eat dairy and nuts?

(Liz ) #22

Right now I’m doing a dairy free experiment (I started a thread in Foods) to see if it budges the scale. Also to see if it helps with my lifelong hormonal acne. So far I’m undecided if it’s helping, maybe? I’m in the middle of my monthly so I’ll probably go dairy-free through another cycle to be sure.

I eat macadamias and pecans, one ounce at a time and not daily. But I’m lucky I don’t have an issue restraining myself from eating the whole package like I know some folks do.

Breakfast is two giant coffees with coconut oil blended in. If I eat lunch it’s leftovers, or oily tuna salad with avocado oil mayo or sardines tinned in olive oil with a side of nuts. Or liverwurst & nuts or cold bacon. It’s definitely harder without cheese.

I cook a different dinner every night, I have 10 or 12 dishes I try to rotate, I did lose a few recipes when I went dairy free, though. Mostly a meat & a veg slathered in fat or a meat on green salad or a fatty soup/stew. Chicken, pork, sausages, sometimes beef. I’d eat more beef but it’s hard to cook hamburgers without smoking up our small apartment, and we’ve no outdoor space for grilling. I do short ribs in the slow cooker but they are almost too rich! I’d like to try maybe a pot roast or brisket. My husband doesn’t eat fish so I don’t make it for dinner. You can probably search for my posts in the What did you Keto thread to see some of my dinners.

I always forget to eat eggs though I like them lots of ways. Maybe I’ll make myself egg salad today!

I put all my food into My Fitness Pal in the morning before I eat it so I can see if my macro balance looks good for the day.