3 months and No More Retail Therapy

3 months into the Keto WOE. On the one hand I have only just passed the 10lb mark, which is way slower than a lot of people for weight loss but the NSVs have been subtly creeping up.

1. Satiety signalling on. I had always complained about my satiety signal coming in too late, as in just about the time I was so full that I couldn’t move. But now I sense it and I get nauseous if I override it. I also get nauseous when I’m hungry but this is a completely new feeling for me. I never really got hungry before, I just got mad.

2. Clean house. As a means of testing the diet based on what I head and read about keto, I decided to forego all exercise. However, I have so much latent energy that I’m always cleaning up my place, checking things off that forever to-do list and basically getting things done. No task is too big.

3. Better sleep. I fall sleep faster, sleep deeper and wake up less sluggishly compared to pre-keto. I used to tell people that I am an 8-hour sleeper when in fast I slept longer because I was so lethargic. These days I’m up in 7 - 7.5 hours and no in-between naps.

4. Freedom from mealtime. Even though I like cooking, I have always found it to be a chore, especially if you’re trying to eat SIX healthy meals a day. Now I just cook a pot of something and it lasts all week. I change it up with salads on days in between and eggs and bacon are my boring everyday brunch - except I actually look forward to my boring brunch. I don’t have to plan and in a pinch, I just fast.

5. Better mood. This was a hard thing to notice right away and I’m still prone to the blues every now and then. But what kicked it into perspective for me is that I had not gone retail shopping once since I started keto. Retail therapy was kinda my go-to whenever I felt like shit. Other intangible stuff also happened like my ability to deal with everyday problems and setbacks, my relationships. I feel less stressed out and I feel less guilt.

Three months was my commitment to testing keto. I think I will extend testing for another 3 months.

Great progress - now turn that three months into three years - and you will have a new lifestyle…

Things will only get better… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :bacon::bacon::bacon:

(Carpe salata!) #3

NSVs rock! They are subtle but they are profound. Thanks for noticing and sharing .

Love this LOL… sounds like you are doing great with plenty of NSVs. Wish I had that house-cleaning impulse…

Also, do you check your size/measurements? Keto has a way of shrinking people even when the scale doesn’t budge. I am shocked that I’m down to a size 14 even though still hovering just under 200 pounds. I weighed this much two years ago and was a size 18-20!

Glad to hear you’re down for another three months. :smiley:

(Carpe salata!) #5

Yesss!! They say it’s muscle, but bone is rebuilt as well . Very important to have strong bones :slight_smile:

Oh wow, didn’t think of that. Thanks!