3/6/2017 Continuing Steak Challenge Thread

challenge
steak

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #142

Day 21, March 20.
Falling into a routine with this, not so difficult anymore. I may be continuing the challenge through March 31, so that would be 32 days total for me.
11 days to go. I can see the finish line. Tonight? Tbone and a piece of sirloin with the fatcap, rare as usual.

Day 21 - sliced fried steaks (getting rid of left overs in my fridge), combination of ribeye and top cap steaks, with supplementation

(eljay716) #144

Posted in wrong thread so I will post here too! Got home hungry, didn’t cook the ribeye. Ate the whole damn thing raw!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #145

Good to see I’m not the only beast here

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #146

Day 22, March 21.
Picked up my special order ribeyes at Hackenmueller’s today. They were spot on again with my requested fatcap!
Tonight I had 1lb 9.5 ounces meat total

Day 22 - sirloin fried in beef tallow, and supplements

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #148

As of today, 7.5 pounds lost since February 28th.
I didn’t do this steak challenge to lose weight, but I’ll take it!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #149

My second generation Ketonix blowing 2 red. This correlates with the blood ketone reading. Both are optimal nutritional ketosis today. Blood pressure is stellar, even better than before the steak challenge!

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #150

Good numbers Lady!

I am hesitant getting a Ketonix as I am color-blind and most likely could not tell the color unless it is like the child blocks with bright primary colors. Maybe one day I will meat up with someone that has one and can take a look.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #151

Blue, green, yellow, red

The yellow is dim, the red looks orange/yellow.

It’d probably be hard for you to see. I’ll bring mine to ketofest. You can try it there :heart:

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #152

That will be great! I am trying to talk my non-keto wife to come as well-she will do sight-seeing!

(Roxanne) #153

One year I changed our mixed Christmas tree lights to new bright red and green LEDs, and my colour-blind son complained that having a “single” colour was boring. At least he could commiserate with his colour-blind grandfather.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #154

I plan on staying out there a full week myself. The East coast is the only part of the country I’ve never seen!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #155

From The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance by Phinney and Volek, page 66.
"Protein is not a particularly efficient fuel source… it makes no sense to consume it in excess.
…we recommend aiming for an intake in the range of 0.6 to 1.0 grams per pound lean body mass.(LBM).
I chose the middle 0.8
0.6 is better for sedentary, and 1.0 for athletes.

I’m somewhere in between :slight_smile:

(Bob Weiman) #156

If you’re riding out there are some beautiful roads (and trails) for it.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #157

No doubt! I’ve had my bike in West Virginia. (brought it out in the bed of my pick up truck) Connecticut is a bit far to ride from Minnesota solo, I’ve done 400 mile jaunts. Not quite ready for such a trip. I wish though!! Someday!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #158

Soon. :smiling_imp:

(Ashley Haddock) #159

Badass like her mom!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #160

Thank you :heart:

Day 23 - fasting

Not sure what happened, but I fell very sick. I spent almost all day in bed, with a bit of fever and serious stomach issues. Is it possible that I got food poisoning from eating steak? Bizarre.

Hopefully this will pass…it feels really awful.